Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Thearrow private msg quote post Address this user
What do you think for a grade on this hulk 181. I'm thinking of pulling tge plug and purchasing it. The value stamp is there and its priced at 1200.

Post 1 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I would pull the trigger before I pulled the plug.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector andy49 private msg quote post Address this user
6 - 7
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Briten private msg quote post Address this user
Looks pretty solid. I think 1200 is a fair price.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
I would pull the trigger. 5.0-5.5 range
Post 5 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
this is my 4.5 as a point of reference on grade. not the best picture but it's something.

Post 6 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
4-4.5, I would jump on it before it's sold
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Guaranteed investment, but count the pages first
Post 8 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@Thearrow
@DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thearrow
What do you think for a grade on this hulk 181. I'm thinking of pulling tge plug and purchasing it. The value stamp is there and its priced at 1200.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
I would pull the trigger before I pulled the plug.

Maybe @Thearrow means pull the plug and drain the bank account 😝
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Elvinv private msg quote post Address this user
Thearrow
Ask whoever if there is any color touch? And ask for better pictures. Question the fifth picture by the right of postage stamp, if any color touch.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
this is my 4.5 as a point of reference on grade. not the best picture but it's something.

How is it you have every book I want??

If you weren’t such a nice guy and not in Canada, I’d have to give you a dirty look or something!

Just kidding.

From what I can tell, I’d say jump on that book.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Could be 5.0-6.5 -Not the best PQ

$1200 almost seems too good to be true. Keep that in mind.
Post 12 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Jabberwookie LOL!!!! Thanks man!!!

@Thearrow I'd ask for better pictures and a page count....that's a great price....maybe he's desperate or maybe he's trying something.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
At that price, I’d be worried about restoration.

For reference, you can’t get a graded 3.0 for that price.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Elvinv private msg quote post Address this user
That’s what I said “possible restoration”
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
At that price, I’d be worried about restoration.

For reference, you can’t get a graded 3.0 for that price.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
So much wisdom here. Such a great forum.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Man I could have like 20 copies of that book

How is it you have every book I want??

If you weren’t such a nice guy and not in Canada, I’d have to give you a dirty look or something!

Just kidding.

From what I can tell, I’d say jump on that book.

I want a box full of that issue
Post 17 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

The Rivets of Doom.
Post 18 IP   flag post
@DrWatson indeed!!! I've been wrestling with the idea of sending them in for reholder. The current labels are so much better imo.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
lol I didn't even notice. I might be one of the few that kinda liked it.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
How much do you know about the seller? Too often for books that seem too cheap it's because they end up in the hands of unsophisticated scammers who have been scammed by other scammers. The book only stops changing hands when someone with principles takes the hit and doesn't continue reselling it. Advice I got on this forum...buy a black light before you buy the book.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
New product idea - a "Green Lantern power ring" styled ring that shines a black light. The target buyers would be concerned comic book buyers who frequent local shops and cons. If anyone follows through on this, I want a free ring and credit for the idea! LOL
Post 22 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
New product idea - a "Green Lantern power ring" styled ring that shines a black light. The target buyers would be concerned comic book buyers who frequent local shops and cons. If anyone follows through on this, I want a free ring and credit for the idea! LOL

You know, Honestly I have been thinking we will probably see a cell phone with black light capabilities soon. You could walk into a hotel room, turn on the black light, snap a photo of what is revealed and post it to social media all in 10 seconds.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:

You know, Honestly I have been thinking we will probably see a cell phone with black light capabilities soon. You could walk into a hotel room, turn on the black light, snap a photo of what is revealed and post it to social media all in 10 seconds.

As far as hotel rooms & black lights? Sometimes it’s better not to know.
Post 24 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Unless i absolutely knew and trusted the seller, I would never buy a raw copy of this book. Otherwise, Slabbed is the only way to go as far as Im concerned.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@EbaySeller
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:

There are crude hacks that you can perform in seconds that turn your cell phone into a black light camera.

DIY Black Light Phone Hack Tutorial
Post 26 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Unless i absolutely knew and trusted the seller, I would never buy a raw copy of this book. Otherwise, Slabbed is the only way to go as far as Im concerned.
i don't mind taking risks with PayPal and or eBay, I've bought raw books to good to be true that worked out, sometimes it doesn't. It's inconvenient to have to mail and wait for the money to be returned but no risk no reward
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Arak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

In Brightest day
In Blackest night
No evil douche shall escape my sight
Let those who cheat and scam with delight
Beware my power, pro-graders black light
Post 28 IP   flag post
@Arak lol, your too much
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Duece411 private msg quote post Address this user
GAC those the new cases?
Post 30 IP   flag post
600912 37 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?