Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Silver Age

Holiday Sale Mail Call10968

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
My first order under CBCS' holiday sales. This was a bit different from my normal submissions because there are no signatures so CBCS' Holiday sales were a good opportunity to finally get them done. I have one more order that was just received at CBCS and if they take as long as this order did then they should be on their way back home early next week!

Post 1 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
My first order under CBCS' holiday sales. This was a bit different from my normal submissions because there are no signatures so CBCS' Holiday sales were a good opportunity to finally get them done. I have one more order that was just received at CBCS and if they take as long as this order did then they should be on their way back home early next week!

Damn,,,
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Some nice books there, especially that first and 2nd widow...
Post 3 IP   flag post
Thanks! I bought the Black Widow books a couple of years ago so they’ve appreciated nicely

The Avengers 4 is actually an upgrade from a coverless CGC copy I used to have
Post 4 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite - Jon, a few of us were wondering if we could hijack this thread so everyone with Holiday Promo books could use it. What do you think?
Post 5 IP   flag post
@esaravo go for it!
Post 6 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite - Thanks Jon! I hope to get my Dec. 26th order back this weekend (I never got the shipped email with Tracking info from CBCS, but that order is no longer open on my dashboard and I could see the grades yesterday). My second order (received Monday) entered grading today! So I am sure other forum members will start getting their books back this week and next.

Start posting your promo books here guys and gals!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
I had mine pressed....hope this thread is still around next fall...
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio

I had mine pressed and verified. I’m hoping for the summer but it may be Christmas for me. :-)
Post 9 IP   flag post
Second order is in grading!
Post 10 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio

good luck...
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
I sent six books in for the sale with the "guaranteed 4-week" code - they were received Dec. 31.

I'll be curious to see what the timetable is like.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@Paint_Monk With pressing? My non-pressing order only took like a week after it appeared on my dashboard for them to ship them back.

My second order appeared on my dashboard on Monday and it’s already in grading
Post 13 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite - My first Holiday promo deal should arrive tomorrow, and my second one is in labels. Super fast right now for grading and slabbing books not being pressed.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I have 12 books in with the holiday20 promo.....all with either pressing or press screening though...gonna be a while
Post 15 IP   flag post
Order two is completed! Hopefully they make it into today’s shipping pile because of the holiday on Monday
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Paint_Monk With pressing? My non-pressing order only took like a week after it appeared on my dashboard for them to ship them back.

My second order appeared on my dashboard on Monday and it’s already in grading

Nope, no pressing. Just curious to see if my order will go through without a hitch this time. Every single order I've placed has taken seemingly eons with multiple delays and issues.

I'm hoping the "4 weeks" holds true just this once - quick turnaround and no problems would be a welcome first.

My order is showing received on Dec. 31st and is now in "processing".
Post 17 IP   flag post
@Paint_Monk Is Dec 31st the day they were received or the day you submitted the order online? Unfortunately the dashboard only shows the latter and not the former, which is when the TAT starts.

Also, “Processing” is a blanket status for the order with the individual tier(s) being possibly further along. Be sure you’re checking in the right place
Post 18 IP   flag post
I just sent an email to customer service on my latest order. I think one of my books might not have gotten the correct variant name, or CBCS doesn’t differentiate between two similar ones, though I think they should.
This is the book I submitted. It was available as an exclusive through Gamestop’s Power Up Rewards program (and says so on the bottom right corner) but the dashboard just says “Gamestop Exclusive Variant.”

The Problem is that Gamestop also had this exclusive available at their stores and simply says “Gamestop Exclusive” on the bottom-right corner

I really hope CBCS differentiates between the two on the label and doesn’t just put “Two different covers exist” on the label. And if it is an issue, I hope they can catch it before the books ship out, saving me the hassle of having to return it for a fix.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Paint_Monk Is Dec 31st the day they were received or the day you submitted the order online? Unfortunately the dashboard only shows the former and not the latter, which is when the TAT starts.

Also, “Processing” is a blanket status for the order with the individual tier(s) being possibly further along. Be sure you’re checking in the right place

Good point, although I am not sure. Keep in mind I'm not complaining at this point (it's only been a few weeks ) I was just curious about how the turnaround time works and hoping it will be true to the advertising!
Post 20 IP   flag post
So the Holiday Promo order that I mailed on December 26th arrived at my house today. Nothing too exciting, just books that I have had hanging around for decades. Nothing was pressed or cleaned - all factory original. My second order (newer Dreck) submitted under the 202020 Promo is already in labels.

Avengers #17 - had hoped for an 8.0, so close.

Post 21 IP   flag post
On to the X-Men - here's #11. I knew this one was a bit rough, but hoped it would pull a 5.0, almost.

Post 22 IP   flag post
X-Men #15 - I had figured on a 7.0, so I am very happy that I was too critical on this one.

Post 23 IP   flag post
X-Men # 22 - I was thinking 8.0, close again, but in a good way.

Post 24 IP   flag post
X-Men #44 - I was thinking 9.0, crap, back the other way.

Post 25 IP   flag post
X-Men #55 - I was hoping 9.0, but obviously missed a few things. Big swing and a miss.

Post 26 IP   flag post
X-Men #58 - I wanted an 8.5 and received an 8.0, the wrong way close yet again.

Post 27 IP   flag post
I get a lot of satisfaction out of my high grade SA DC's. They are even harder to find in high grade with white page quality. I knew this issue of Adventure Comics #342 was at least a 9.0. Bingo.

Post 28 IP   flag post
Adventure #343 - another Bingo.

Post 29 IP   flag post
And just for fun, Man-Thing #1. I have a short run of the first half-dozen issues or so, and figured I would see how this one graded. I expected an 8.5 - another winner. Although I think this is an under-valued book, I still wish it were a Swamp Thing #1 instead.

Post 30 IP   flag post
600777 59 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?