Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

What Jane Foster book will see the biggest jump?10967

Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
@Jabberwookie

I would guess because collectors generally prefer the original characters that have been established for 20, 30, 40 years opposed to different versions of that character in a different universe.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswing
@Jabberwookie

I would guess because collectors generally prefer the original characters that have been established for 20, 30, 40 years opposed to different versions of that character in a different universe.

You have to be right, but it's just funny that while the originals are obviously the main characters, much of the personalities and looks came from the Ultimate Universe.

Ah, well. I'll hold onto them regardless.
Post 27 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie
A little off topic, but is anyone else surprised the Ultimate books didn't see any lift out of the MCU?

No, most collectors have no interest in these newfangled incarnations of beloved characters. In other words, why indulge in the facsimile when the original is readily available?
Post 28 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
These were just sitting around in the back issue boxes at my LCS today. I wasn’t interested in them enough to order them but I figured if they were there what the heck? Good prices, no shipping, and keeping the money in town. It was a pretty good comic buying day.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector KeepItClunky private msg quote post Address this user
JIM84 will have the long term staying power. Silver age, black cover, first appearance, can't go wrong.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepItClunky
JIM84 will have the long term staying power. Silver age, black cover, first appearance, can't go wrong.
true but brown cover which shows a lot of wear also like FF 48
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector zosocane private msg quote post Address this user
The biggest jump percentage-wise? One of the moderns. But it won’t hold long-term. The biggest jump in absolute dollars? Easy. JIM 84, which also has the best long-term prospects. Brown cover, dot price cover (early SA Marvel), 2nd app of Thor, 1st Jane Foster, Lee Kirby story.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector KeepItClunky private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steverogers11
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepItClunky
true but brown cover which shows a lot of wear also like FF 48
oops, meant to write brown cover, not black.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
well obviously i have a preference

Post 34 IP   flag post
601194 34 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?