Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

NFL Conference Championship picks and discussion10965

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Last two games before the Superbowl!! AFC: Titans at the Chiefs. NFC: Packers at the 49er's. Let's hear the theories and the picks!!!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Donnied private msg quote post Address this user
Chiefs over Titans 38-24
49ers over Packers 24-17

Joe Montana has to say something nice about his time with the Chiefs while standing on the Niners' sideline.

Fans choose KC BBQ over whatever foo-fooey crap they eat in SF.

The Whizzer runs circles around Iron Man, for a KC Superbowl Victory!
Post 2 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
49ers over the Packers

Im going to go out on a limb here. Derrick Henry destroyed the #1 Defense on the road in New England and then did the same thing to the #1 team in the league on the road again crushing the Ravens.

I think that KC defense is going to be exploited even more than the league's top two defensive's were.

Titans 24-21
Post 3 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
My heart is with the Titans but I think the Chiefs will be better prepared. Less than 100 passing yards in the last two wins scares me a bit. I assume KC will run-blitz constantly, cover the tight ends and challenge Titans to hold pass protection long enough to make long throws.

38-21 Chiefs
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
27-17 SF

34-27 KC
Post 5 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
My heart is with the Titans but I think the Chiefs will be better prepared. Less than 100 passing yards in the last two wins scares me a bit. I assume KC will run-blitz constantly, cover the tight ends and challenge Titans to hold pass protection long enough to make long throws.

38-21 Chiefs

New England and Baltimore were two of the top run defenses in the league that no doubt went in with game plans exclusively to stop Derrick Henry and both failed miserably to say the least. The Chiefs were pretty woeful stopping the run all year so Im not too sure what the Chiefs have to offer that New England and Baltimore didn't.

I know its a passing league nowdays, but playoff football still seems to be about who can run the ball and stop the run. Somethings never change.

Of coarse Arrowhead, Mahomes/kelce make it awful hard to bet against them, but Im going to root for the under dog just for shits and grins.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I want to say KC, but the Titans keep steamrolling the top teams. TEN already beat KC once this season. I'm not convinced they can do it again. KC over TEN 44-23.

On the NFC side of the house, I don't think SF blows out GB like they did earlier in the season. The Pack regained their focus and have been playing good ball since then. I'm still taking the Niners at home. That defensive front is beastly. SF over GB 26-24.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
I'm picking TENN over KC... not just because of Henry, I think the Titans are on a mission.

GB vs SF... is the one I'm having difficulty with but I'm going SF... even though I don't have faith in Garoppolo.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Ok SF 34 - GB 28

But I've been going back and forth between Tennessee and KC. One minute I think it is Mahomes year, the next I think the Titans defense will dominate. But in the end, I gotta go with KC - 42 - 31.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Another HOF class, this time expanded, and STILL Roger Craig doesn't get in! He contributed just as much to the game, if not more, than Michael Irvin, but I guess without a connection to Jerry Jones, he waits.

First man to rush for 1000+ yards AND receive for over 1000+ yards in the same season.

First man to score 3 TD's in a Super Bowl.

Total yards may not equate to other HOF Running Backs, but neither do Irvin's compare to HOF Wide Receivers.

Can't be the number of Championship Rings [3]- Craig got his 3 before Irvin got his first.

Bitching over. Thank you.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
I have decided to take the Chiefs this week, in spite of Andy Reid’s horrendous record in championship games. Also taking the 49ers, although I expect Green Bay to give them a much better game than they did in the first meeting. Both games should go down to the wire this week. Should be an exciting day of football!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
Another HOF class, this time expanded, and STILL Roger Craig doesn't get in! He contributed just as much to the game, if not more, than Michael Irvin, but I guess without a connection to Jerry Jones, he waits.

First man to rush for 1000+ yards AND receive for over 1000+ yards in the same season.

Total yards may not equate to other HOF Running Backs, but neither do Irvin's compare to HOF Wide Receivers.

Can't be the number of Championship Rings [3]- Craig got his 3 before Irvin got his first.

I despise the 49ers, but I have to think Craig should be in.

I was more irritated Drew Pearson didn’t get in. His stats are almost identical to Lynn Swan and he’s the only member of the 70s all decade team not in the hall.

Now, you and I will have to disagree on Michael Irvin. In my opinion, he was the 2nd or 3rd best receiver of the 90s. And that was on a run first team.

If it hadn’t been for that Rice guy, he’d have been 1st or 2nd.

But, no one is touching Rice just because he’s so much better than the other receivers.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie
Quote:

I was more irritated Drew Pearson didn’t get in. His stats are almost identical to Lynn Swan and he’s the only member of the 70s all decade team not in the hall.

Now, you and I will have to disagree on Michael Irvin. In my opinion, he was the 2nd or 3rd best receiver of the 90s. And that was on a run first team.

Oh, I'm saying Irvin doesn't deserve and hasn't earned his honors, but I don't recall (not saying there are none) any historic "that's never been done before" moments. I'm just saying that if his career is considered among the best of all time, then Craig is far overdue.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If it hadn’t been for that Rice guy, he’d have been 1st or 2nd.

But, no one is touching Rice just because he’s so much better than the other receivers.

Oh, I'm saying Irvin doesn't deserve and hasn't earned his honors, but I don't recall (not saying there are none) any historic "that's never been done before" moments. I'm just saying that if his career is considered among the best of all time, then Craig is far overdue.

Fair enough.

I think he’s suffering from “third most talented Beatle” syndrome.

There was just so much talent on those teams.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:

I truly believe that if Terrell Owens didn't have his issues, and played the game with a similar mindset to Rice (or ANY clear-headed receiver), he would have caught up to the TD record, at least.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

During his shortened career the #2 guy to Rice is Sterling Sharpe. If he had not gotten injured then Sterling Sharpe would be in the HOF. With Rice around Sterling Sharpe led the NFL in touchdown receptions twice, and in receptions three times. He is one of 7 players in NFL history to win receiving’s “Triple Crown”. Meaning he lead the NFL in receptions, receiving yards and receiving touchdowns in the same season. (5 of those 7 are in the HOF. The sixth will be in the HOF once he becomes eligible, i.e., Steve Smith Sr). Head to head, in the years Sterling Sharpe played his numbers were only second to Rice. Sterling Sharpe belongs in the HOF.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Agreed- Sharpe was clearly HoF bound.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
I'll take Packers and Chiefs.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
My predictions.
Packers over 49ers 28 to 21
Chiefs over Titans 38 to 28
Post 19 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
I can't stand the Packers (comes from living in MI all my life)and I hope they get beat...badly. However, I'm thinking those richardwads will probably pull off a come-back win.
Post 20 IP   flag post
I've been watching the pregame show on CBS. The more they talk about the game, the more I want the Titans to pull off an upset!
Post 21 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
I think the Chiefs are going to get manhandled...

Titans - 35
Chiefs - 24

Titans are on a mission.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Andy Reid has a 1-8 record against Tennessee. I know that has no relevance on today's game, but I find that stat interesting.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
This is a good one so far.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
This is a good one so far.

Yeah it is. And at the end of the second half, flash surpassed substance.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder

Titans - 35
Chiefs - 24

Titans are on a mission.

nevermind
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Titans - 35
Chiefs - 24

Titans are on a mission.

nevermind

You got the score right. That should be some consolation.
Post 27 IP   flag post
I like Tony Romo as a commentator. He may have found his true calling.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
I like Tony Romo as a commentator. He may have found his true calling.

His excitement is contagious, and he dissects the play well.
World's better than Michaels' and Collinsworth's commentary.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
I was closest on the first game, do I win a prize? 😂
Post 30 IP   flag post
601461 37 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?