Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Silver AgeQuestions

Consolidation Of Several Keys For One Mega Key. Thoughts?10950

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I’m considering selling several slabbed ASM keys in the 3.0 to 4.5 range for a TOS 39 (3.0-4.0).

#5 (raw) 4.5 (?)
#6 CBCS 3.5
#9 CGC 3.0
#13 CGC 3.5
#14 CGC 4.5 (White Pages)
#15 CGC 4.5
#20 CGC 4.5

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea. And I know it’s my collection and I should do what would makes me happy. Still, I’d like to hear some input from others in the group.

What are your thoughts?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Dollarbill private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve did that before and it was great but then got the itch and started buying back the old books that I use to have lol .. comic book ocd at its finest 😢
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Dollarbill private msg quote post Address this user
And to answer your question - yes do what makes you happy ! Good luck
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim Go for it. You're not the only one I'm thinking of doing the same myself. Selling off my X-Men run to buy a TMNT #1. Right now I'm back and forth on the idea.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Without taking the time to look up the value of each book you can't go wrong by trading up.

Generally the person with the better book gets more market value in such trades as the grails are almost always a safer investment and easier to resell later.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Without taking the time to look up the value of each book you can't go wrong by trading up.

Generally the person with the better book gets more market value in such trades as the grails are almost always a safer investment and easier to resell later.

FMV of the ASM run is roughly $4k. I have cash and wouldn’t mind putting a little on a card to cover the difference. But I’m not in a huge rush. I’d most likely be able to do an all cash deal by the time the ASM books sold.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim - Some great books there! Ironically just this Thursday I was at a fellow collector’s house and flipped though raw copies of ASM #’s 13, 15, and 20. I couldn’t talk him into selling them to me. Go for your dream book, and you won’t be disappointed.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
From what I can see, I'd go for it. if you get buyer's remorse later then you can buy them back slowly knowing that you already achieved your goal of getting your grail.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Speaking from the standpoint of speculating, the TOS is in a downward general trend now that the cinematic universe has finished with the character.….it is likely as cheap as it will be again anytime soon, while the spider books might see increased price as the newer movies keep coming …

If it was me I would pick off the TOS now and get it done, then if you get the mood you can always go back reacquire the spider books.As low as the grades are for the spider books it isn't like you are losing something not easily replaceable...if they were much higher grades I would say no...but in lower grades like that, somewhat easier to justify

Besides Iron man is Edith
Post 9 IP   flag post
Thanks guys, I’m gonna go for it. I’ll start a Sales thread for the ASM books today. Though I pretty much sell on e-bay for a living, I’d certainly rather sell here first.
Post 10 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim I'm doing this exact thing as well. I'm happy I did it and am continuing to do it. I got my DD1, GL1, Sgt. Fury 1 and just recently Avengers 1. my next is JIM 83 or TOS 39 but those will take a little longer to get. Good luck to you!!!
Post 11 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim - I would love to do another deal with you, Ryan. Good luck!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I'm in the minority, but I would have a hard time exchanging all those really cool first appearance covers for the uninspiring TOS 39 cover. Honestly, it really isn't much to look at.
Post 13 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
I'm in the minority, but I would have a hard time exchanging all those really cool first appearance covers for the uninspiring TOS 39 cover. Honestly, it really isn't much to look at.

I would rather have the Spidey books as well.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
well you are in luck...he chose differently and now the comics are offered for sale...so you can go buy them all
Post 15 IP   flag post
597964 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?