Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user

A legend behind the drum kit and song book. He will be missed.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Broker1 private msg quote post Address this user
What??!! First I’ve heard. Was he sick?
Post 2 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Fantastic drummer, RIP
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
As a drummer... this is upsetting.

RIP Neil. You were one of the best.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@Broker1 He died of brain cancer.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
clickable text

Rush drummer Neil Peart dead at 67: 'Rest in peace brother'

Neil Peart, the legendary drummer for the popular Canadian rock trio Rush, has died at age 67, the band announced Friday.

Peart died on Tuesday in Santa Monica, Calif., after battling brain cancer, family spokesperson Elliot Mintz said in a statement obtained by CBC News.

A statement posted on the band's official Twitter page said: "It is with broken hearts and the deepest sadness that we must share the terrible news that on Tuesday our friend, soul brother and bandmate of over 45 years, Neil, has lost his incredibly brave three and a half year battle with brain cancer ..."

The statement went on to ask for privacy for Peart's family "from friends, fans, and media alike" and requested that mourners make a donation in Peart's name to a cancer research group or charity of their choice."

"Rest in peace brother," the band's statement concluded.

Mintz said Peart, who had also penned a number of books, had battled the debilitating disease for three-and-a-half- years, according to Rolling Stone.

Post 6 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Ahh, crap. Very sorry to read that.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Sadness.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
😞
Post 9 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
RIP. I think I might have to listen to 2112 tonight.
Post 10 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo I was already listening to "A Farewell to Kings" before I left work this afternoon.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
RIP.....always shocked that people below the 49th know our bands!! Local radio stations have had Rush on higher play time the whole drive home.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@KatKomics I love Triumph! I keep hoping they show up on one of the "Geezers of Rock" tours with other bands. No luck yet... but I'm still hoping. 😊
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
RIP Neil!

Generational talent. Will be sorely missed.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector crystalphoto private msg quote post Address this user
Rest in peace.
Post 15 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@DWeeB1967 and @KatKomics - As an 18 year old freshman starting college in 1978 at the University of Rochester, I was 400 miles from my home in little old RI. My parents had said their goodbyes and I was in my room unpacking and thinking about how I knew absolutely no one on campus. It was freshman orientation week, and there weren’t many people around. I heard loud music coming from down the hall, so I walked over to the very first room on the hall and poked my head inside. It was a single (all the other rooms were doubles) and an older student (a senior!) was there blasting 2112 on his stereo (which consisted of an amplifier, turntable, and speakers with 12” woofers. It turned out he was the RA and he got free room and board to “babysit” us freshman. That was my introduction to RUSH. The following year I brought my own stereo and speakers with 15” woofers that could rattle the windows (especially if you played the “heartbeat” from Speak to Me on Pink Flyod’s Dark Side of the Moon). So whenever I hear 2112, it takes me back to that day. Years later when I had my own house and a landline (remember those?), I had a telephone number with 2112 as the last 4 digits, which I thought was pretty cool.
Post 16 IP   flag post
@esaravo Very cool, Ed. 😊👍
Post 17 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Shocking, tragic and so terribly saddening.💔
Post 18 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Noooo! So sad. RUSH was a big part I’d my coming of age, living in northern NY (nearest cities being Ottawa and Montreal). Still throw in Roll the Bones or Chronicals every now and then.
Post 20 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
I've already tried replying to this thread about 4 times and I keep deleting.

Neal Peart, and RUSH, have been my inspiration since 1975. I'll stop there because I can't put forth the words.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Been listening to Rush since Permanent Waves. I must have seen them in concert a dozen times, including one tour in the late '90s when they performed 2112 in its entirety. Was an awesome experience. What a loss.
Post 22 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
RIP Neil
Post 23 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Someone asks you off the cuff - who's the best drummer ever in your opinion? - Guess who immediately comes to most of our minds. This incredible man.

The best ever - RIP Neil. Loved hearing you; loved seeing you; you were damn incredible guy.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
Such an amazing talent. Mr. Peart has been my favorite drummer since I was 15. You will be missed greatly.

RIP Mr Peart.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Favorite Rush Track in tribute to Neil....go!!!!

I’ll start: Bravado.

I was not a Rush fan prior to Roll the Bones. Like many others Geddy’s high voice turned me away initially, but when this album came out and I kept hearing tunes, this track resonated with me and opened the door to appreciating the artistic talents of the band and the messages presented in their music. And I was forever hooked.

And if the music stops
There's only the sound of the rain
All the hope and glory
All the sacrifice in vain
(And) If love remains
Though everything is lost
We will pay the price
But we will not count the cost...

RIP Neil!
Post 26 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Favorite Rush Track in tribute to Neil....go!!!!

Impossible to do I say! Which one of your kids do you love more?
Post 27 IP   flag post
Mine is "Xanadu"... right now, anyway. 😊 I tend to change my mind fairly regularly with questions like that.

With that said, "Xanadu" isn't a great example of Neil's drumming expertise... maybe "YYZ" for that.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
Mine is "Xanadu"... right now, anyway. 😊 I tend to change my mind fairly regularly with questions like that.

With that said, "Xanadu" isn't a great example of Neil's drumming expertise... maybe "YYZ" for that.
I love Xanadu. The longer the song, the better. Lol.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Some of my favorite Rush songs.

La Villa Strangiato
2112 with all 7 parts
YYZ
The Trees
Tom Sawyer
Xanadu
Fly By Night
Freewill
Passage to Bangkok
Spirit of radio
New World Man
Limelight
Red Barchetta
Lakeside Park
Subdivisions.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601475 52 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?