Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Too Much Pressure.. A Top Loader Question10946

Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Less oxygen may slow the aging process down.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Gives a new meaning to shuttle grading ...floating discounts and definitely removes a lot of the gravity of the situation
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector NoNoNoNoNoYes private msg quote post Address this user
Why so literal?
Post 28 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Ha!!!!
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
One of these days Alice- POW straight to the moon!
Post 30 IP   flag post

I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNoNoNoNoYes
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano0521
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Try Silver Age Poly Bag with 1 or 2 Silver Age backers. Then put in Golden Age 4 mil Mylar. Gives the books a great glossy look with just the right amount of rigidity.

This defeats the entire purpose of putting a comic in Mylar. If you're going to pay for Mylars you do not want a polybag touching your comic. In this scenario the price of an expensive 4 mil mylar is wasted.

Well, in my actual experience, comics stick to 4 mil mylars; ALWAYS bag and board comics in regular bag before using 4 mils, except for non-glossy comics.

The reason you use Mylars is so a polybag never touches your comic. If you want to put it in a 1 mil or 2 mil mylar first and then in a 4mil that's fine. But the way you're describing is a complete waste of money and will damage your comics more/quicker than the way I describe.

NEVER BAG YOUR COMIC IN A POLYBAG BEFORE PUTTING IT IN A MYLAR!

Ditto
Post 31 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips

But was Alice really that stacked or is this a totally different thread topic?
Post 32 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I find Mylar on Mylar to have a lot of friction/stickiness. What's the concern about poly-bags?
Post 33 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@EbaySeller - Polyethylene bags turn yellow and tend to stick to each other after a few years. They should probably be changed every 3 to 5 years. Mylar is more rigid, clearer, and more expensive, but will reportedly last for over 100 years.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips

But was Alice really that stacked or is this a totally different thread topic?

Post 35 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Back in Australia I had thousands of comics. The expense every three years changing the poly bags was expensive. Sold most of the collection and now have about 600. All my books I put in mylar. One expense and I never have to change them. And I've never had a problem with them 👍

Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano0521
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Try Silver Age Poly Bag with 1 or 2 Silver Age backers. Then put in Golden Age 4 mil Mylar. Gives the books a great glossy look with just the right amount of rigidity.

This defeats the entire purpose of putting a comic in Mylar. If you're going to pay for Mylars you do not want a polybag touching your comic. In this scenario the price of an expensive 4 mil mylar is wasted.

Well, in my actual experience, comics stick to 4 mil mylars; ALWAYS bag and board comics in regular bag before using 4 mils, except for non-glossy comics.

The reason you use Mylars is so a polybag never touches your comic. If you want to put it in a 1 mil or 2 mil mylar first and then in a 4mil that's fine. But the way you're describing is a complete waste of money and will damage your comics more/quicker than the way I describe.

NEVER BAG YOUR COMIC IN A POLYBAG BEFORE PUTTING IT IN A MYLAR!

I completely agree. Like you mentioned, 1 mil or 2 mil mylar inside a 4 mil mylar is the way to do it, not poly bag in mylar.
Post 37 IP   flag post
597883 37 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?