Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Certified Comics For SaleComics Modern AgeFor Sale

MAGNUS Robot Fighter #12 CGC 8.5 Up for Auction with $0.01 starting Bid10887

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
MAGNUS Robot Fighter #12 CGC 8.5 VF+ 1992 Acclaim Valiant Comics with FREE domestic shipping!

Link to auction: clickable text

Post 1 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
With 6 days left, current bid at $14.50.
Post 2 IP   flag post
So far there have been 11 bids. Bid early and bid often!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
MAGNUS Robot Fighter #12 CGC 8.5 VF+ 1992 Acclaim Valiant Comics with FREE domestic shipping!

2 days left to get your bid in!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Just over 24 hours left to get your bid in with FREE domestic shipping!

Post 5 IP   flag post
Less than 7 hours left to get your bid in.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Someone got a good price for this book. Slabbed book for less than the price of a raw copy.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
For a Modern book an 8.5 is a fairly low grade. Is the book harder to find in higher grades? 9.4 or higher?
Post 8 IP   flag post
And now the CBCS forum knows that I won’t cancel the auction cause i don’t like the price and further, it will still be packaged as shown. Congrats to the winner! Now onto the Star Wars Dark Empire #1!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
ow grade. Is the book harder to find in high

Not at all. There are almost 500 copies graded 9.4 or higher. There just aren't very many graded 8.5 or lower.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
And now the CBCS forum knows that I won’t cancel the auction cause i don’t like the price and further, it will still be packaged as shown. Congrats to the winner! Now onto the Star Wars Dark Empire #1!

My suggestion to you is never offer free shipping on auction items, only on bins
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:

My suggestion to you is never offer free shipping on auction items, only on bins

It is not a big deal if i lose a few dollars on one or two books as it was a conscious decision. It brings more attention to which someone decides to buy a more valuable comic.

And in this case I got rid of one more CGC slab from my collection!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Unfortunately, I think you could have made more on the book if it wasn't slabbed. An 8.5 is a pretty low grade to get slab, but at least it wasn't the lowest. I agree that selling these books so cheap will get more eyes on your books, but the quality of books you're listing just isn't there to keep their attention.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50AE_DE
Unfortunately, I think you could have made more on the book if it wasn't slabbed. An 8.5 is a pretty low grade to get slab, but at least it wasn't the lowest. I agree that selling these books so cheap will get more eyes on your books, but the quality of books you're listing just isn't there to keep their attention.

Actually, I didn't slab it. It was a throw in on a purchase I made. And gotta disagree as there are always a certain segment of people who will look and click through to the 300 9.8's i have listed. Anyway, I am good with it and someone is happy they won the auction. The world moves on.
Post 14 IP   flag post
That's great if you got it as a "throw in" since you probably just broke even after shipping and ebay fees. I did look at your other books and even though you had a bunch of 9.8's, the books were just a lot of stuff you can see in quarter bins.
Post 15 IP   flag post
598058 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?