Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Modern AgeFor SaleRaw Comics For Sale

Eclipso: The Darkness Within #1 Up for .01 start Auction!10886

Collector NoNoNoNoNoYes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNoNoNoNoYes
Ah, I think I see the problem. When I said "interesting keyword spam you have there" you thought I meant this one auction. I meant all his listings. Looks like someone didn't look at them all.
But putting CGC in the interior of the listing is keyword spam too. You guys don't know about the white font keyword spamming?

This auction is not keyword spammed. Refer to post 11.

Do you know about white font keyword spamming?
Post 26 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Actually that Eclipso auction is Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@NoNoNoNoNoYes this whole thread has been about the one auction. Can you admit that there is no keyword spamming going on in this particular auction?

Admit? Poor choice of words. Will you admit thst I'm right about the rest?

LOL

Sure, if he is posting CGC in the listing of a CBCS slab, he is keyboard spamming. Your turn.

No no, not "if he". You are not allowed to mention CGC anywhere in the listing of a CBCS book. The CBCS book you're talking about has CGC in the description. He has done this numerous times. Why is this so confusing?

The whole point of the keyword spamming is to have your product pop up when looking for something else. Words in the description are not searched. Ebay's policy is all about the search. It's not spamming if it doesn't result in your product being listed for that search. In this case, the comic does not pop up if yoou put CGC in the search. Here is the eBay policy.

Yes, I knew about white font spamming, which is not occuring here because the comic does not come up with a CGC search.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Actually that Eclipso auction is Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@NoNoNoNoNoYes this whole thread has been about the one auction. Can you admit that there is no keyword spamming going on in this particular auction?

Admit? Poor choice of words. Will you admit thst I'm right about the rest?

LOL

Sure, if he is posting CGC in the listing of a CBCS slab, he is keyboard spamming. Your turn.

No no, not "if he". You are not allowed to mention CGC anywhere in the listing of a CBCS book. The CBCS book you're talking about has CGC in the description. He has done this numerous times. Why is this so confusing?

The whole point of the keyword spamming is to have your product pop up when looking for something else. Words in the description are not searched.

That's your settings. Mine are set to search both title and description so what you're saying doesn't occur absolutely does. If what you say wete true then white font keyword spamming in the auction body would be allowed.

Quote:
Yes, I knew about white font spamming, which is not occuring here because the comic does not come up with a CGC search.

What's the difference? Tbey both accomplish the same goal.
Post 28 IP   flag post
https://www.ebay.com/sch/ebayadvsearch

Do you see it? Right under the blue "search" button at the top.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Thus endth the lesson for now.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
That's for advanced searching. I almost never use that. I only use it when I want to get sold pricing. If you use that every time you search eBay, I can see why you would consider this keyword spamming.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user

Post 32 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes
I think based off the last thread a majority could care less if it is considered spam

Too bad so sad. Follow the rules and I won't have to point it out.
And it's "couldn't".

Great! You've pointed it out. You must be very proud. No one else cares.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:
I think based off the last thread a majority could care less if it is considered spam

And it's "couldn't".

Thanks for outting yourself as a degenerate ๐Ÿ‘
Post 34 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:

And it's "couldn't".

Thanks for outting yourself as a degenerate ๐Ÿ‘

And thanks for the suspension you're likely getting. ๐Ÿ‘
Post 35 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
You know those little old ladies that complain about everything wrong in the world over and over and over again? My gosh - enough already. At this point you're just agitating folks. We heard you the 1st time in the other thread about spamming. Were all tired of hearing it 20x regardless of ones interpretation of the policy.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
And thanks for the suspension you're likely getting.
Suspension? NoNoNoNoNo...Maybe.

I prefer to keep people talking, especially those who have very extreme opinions. Partly so I can try to understand their perspective better, but also so I can know them and mark them.

In the previous thread there was a veiled threat of an Ebay report, and that concerned me. I certainly wouldn't want to have a spy on the forum checking out all our listings and looking for infractions to report. But unless there are actual consequences, I say let him keep talking.

Quote:
Thanks for outting yourself as a degenerate

Oy vey. Degenerate? On what basis?
Post 37 IP   flag post
@EbaySeller Personal attacks are grounds for suspension.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@EbaySeller Personal attacks are grounds for suspension.

I know, but once someone is suspended you can't fight with them anymore. As the man once said "keep your allies close and your adversaries closer".
Post 39 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Can we focus on giving some advice to the op as to why he spent more on raw grading than the comic is even worth. I see 0 recorded sales. I know he didn't ask for this but maybe it'll help him not continue to lose money on these type of investments.
Post 40 IP   flag post
@flanders Agreed...but don't you see a trend of thread derailment by this guy? Kinda needs to be addressed so it doesn't continue on future threads.
Post 41 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC yep, this isn't the CGC forum. People are friendlier over here, so friendly that it's contagious and has made me a less bitter human being.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@flanders Agreed...but don't you see a trend of thread derailment by this guy? Kinda needs to be addressed so it doesn't continue on future threads.

You're right about the trend, and he deserves the verbal slap-down each time. But it doesn't ruin the sales thread if it's just a link to Ebay. It actually benefits the thread and gives it far more attention and eyeballs than it deserves.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Well, we had a good run here in the forums...3 months without a suspension/banishment...newbie NoNo here is about to put an end to that if he continues this behavior.

@NoNoNoNoNoYes Iโ€™d like to point out you donโ€™t have a single โ€œlikeโ€ to any of your thread derailment posts. That says something.
Post 44 IP   flag post
I hope Scifinator will forgive me if I use his listing to point out what I believe are a couple of mistakes that can be made when selling on Ebay:

1) Free shipping and 1 cent start price: This is dangerous, you may sometimes end up spending more on the shipping than you get from the sell of the book. It could actually cost you several dollars to sell this comic.

2) Returns: There is no reason to offer returns on graded books. If there is a legitimate reason for returning the book, it will be covered by Ebay/paypal policy. I don't believe you will get a higher selling price by offering returns, most likely only bad things and disappointment can happen.

3) Free Shipping and Returns: This is a dangerous combination in my opinion. I believe if you are to offer returns, you should always break out the shipping cost. Because when you refund the money you will be out the cost of shipping the book in the first place. Better to sell a book at $10 plus $4 shipping than to sell for $14. Because that way you won't have to return the $4 that it cost you to ship the book.

All of these thing have a high risk to low reward ratio. In my opinion it's just not worth the risk.

I apologize again for using your listing as an example. All with the best of intentions.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Is that the one with the big giant jewel in the middle that ruined my other books in the comic box in front of this issue?
. YesQuote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Quote:
@Scifinator I like what you have to say about CBCS in the description! Hopefully people will read that with open eyes. Have you gotten any flak from CGC lovers over it?
. No
Post 46 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Omg, so many comment
Post 47 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Can we focus on giving some advice to the op as to why he spent more on raw grading than the comic is even worth. I see 0 recorded sales. I know he didn't ask for this but maybe it'll help him not continue to lose money on these type of investments.

I had sent in my ENTIRE collection for preservation and grading. A large number of comics are being kept others sold as to compensate for those graded fand slabbed for retention. If something like this eclipso 1 7.5 raw grade sells at a loss, ok. In the meantime it also brings attention to my other comics.
Post 48 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
In the meantime it also brings attention to my other comics.

This thread has certainly served that purpose! Brilliant!
Post 49 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
I hope Scifinator will forgive me if I use his listing to point out what I believe are a couple of mistakes that can be made when selling on Ebay:

1) Free shipping and 1 cent start price: This is dangerous, you may sometimes end up spending more on the shipping than you get from the sell of the book. It could actually cost you several dollars to sell this comic.

2) Returns: There is no reason to offer returns on graded books. If there is a legitimate reason for returning the book, it will be covered by Ebay/paypal policy. I don't believe you will get a higher selling price by offering returns, most likely only bad things and disappointment can happen.

3) Free Shipping and Returns: This is a dangerous combination in my opinion. I believe if you are to offer returns, you should always break out the shipping cost. Because when you refund the money you will be out the cost of shipping the book in the first place. Better to sell a book at $10 plus $4 shipping than to sell for $14. Because that way you won't have to return the $4 that it cost you to ship the book.

All of these thing have a high risk to low reward ratio. In my opinion it's just not worth the risk.

I apologize again for using your listing as an example. All with the best of intentions.

Agreed, it is a risk but know that i had been selling on ebay for well over a dozen years. I ad a previous scifnator account that was closed died to dormancy with over 3k positive feedback from sales of star wars and star trek collectibles then got too busy in regular life and thus stopped ebay. Sure, i may lose money ont the eclipso and the magnus, but i am willing to do so. In the meantime the rest of my auctions and fixed price listings wont be sold at a loss unless i choose to use it as lost leader later. The free returns are indeed a risk, but it gets me better visibility and lower fees
Post 50 IP   flag post
Quote:
Agreed, it is a risk but know that i had been selling on ebay for well over a dozen years. I ad a previous scifnator account that was closed died to dormancy with over 3k positive feedback from sales of star wars and star trek collectibles then got too busy in regular life and thus stopped ebay. Sure, i may lose money ont the eclipso and the magnus, but i am willing to do so. In the meantime the rest of my auctions and fixed price listings wont be sold at a loss unless i choose to use it as lost leader later. The free returns are indeed a risk, but it gets me better visibility and lower fees

Thanks for the info, sounds like your strategy is second-level, mine is only first-level. Just sell one of those watches and it can cover a lot of comic book slabbing!
Post 51 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:

Thanks for the info, sounds like your strategy is second-level, mine is only first-level. Just sell one of those watches and it can cover a lot of comic book slabbing!

Lol. The watches are actually my father in laws. I would just prefer that he gift them to me, but....
Post 52 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
@NoNoNoNoNoYes is 100% correct. It is definitely keyword spamming. But everyone does it, will continue to do it, and it's futile to try to eradicate it.

Any mention of CGC in the Listing (description, title, condition note, ANYWHERE in the listing) of a non-CGC book is keyword spamming. Even though the book has NOTHING to do with CGC, you are mentioning it as a device to get views. It's the DEFINITION of keyword spamming. Specifically in the eBay policy it says "Listings that make comparisons with other products are not allowed". A lot of the Description is dedicated to making such a comparison, between companies, not so much specific products, but to the same effect.

People mostly search by title, so the CGC is not showing up in the results of a Title search by "CGC" in reference to the Eclipso book. Some people check off the box that says to include the Description area of the listing, which is a broader, slower, search, and there it WILL show up where it shouldn't be. This seller has 304 listings that have both CBCS and CGC in the title at the same time. That is MASSIVE keyword spamming, unless both companies have graded the same book (I think not).

The whole idea of a Search is to filter specifically what you are looking for. If people pollute the listings with keywords not applicable to their listing, the quality of the search suffers to a point that it may become useless.

Still trying to figure out why a $1 book has been graded. Maybe if it was a 9.8, not a 7.5. Maybe then it would be worth at least $2.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I sit an wonder why hundreds of books are graded...but at the end of the day, everyone has the perfect right to do their collection how they like...and from my own point of view, I would like nothing more than to buy a Female Furies 1, Mattina cover, signed or slabbed in 9.8 โ€ฆ.and MCS sells the raw book now for ...2.00. Cause...Big barda for me is worth the money
No doubt and completely correct, doing all that expense for a book that is both gradewise and demand wise simply not worth the effort could get expensive and seems odd, but let people have their fun.
Post 54 IP   flag post
@chester15 point taken on the cgc<cbcs and will put in a couple of hours updating the listings.
Post 55 IP   flag post
601537 65 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?