Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Modern AgeFor SaleRaw Comics For Sale

Eclipso: The Darkness Within #1 Up for .01 start Auction!10886

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry, meant to post this a couple of days ago. A CBCS Raw Grade of 7.5 in ebay auction with Starting bid of 1 cent and FREE domestic shipping!

Link to Auction: clickable text

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector NoNoNoNoNoYes private msg quote post Address this user
Isn't that like a $1 book?
Post 2 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Is that the one with the big giant jewel in the middle that ruined my other books in the comic box in front of this issue?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator I like what you have to say about CBCS in the description! Hopefully people will read that with open eyes. Have you gotten any flak from CGC lovers over it?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Interesting keyword spam you have there 😆 CGC<CBCS
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@Scifinator I like what you have to say about CBCS in the description! Hopefully people will read that with open eyes. Have you gotten any flak from CGC lovers over it?

You know that's keyword spam that could get all those auctions pulled, right?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Is that the one with the big giant jewel in the middle that ruined my other books in the comic box in front of this issue?

Yes.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
I think based off the last thread a majority could care less if it is considered spam.

Post 8 IP   flag post
@Scifinator good luck on your auction
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes
I think based off the last thread a majority could care less if it is considered spam

Too bad so sad. Follow the rules and I won't have to point it out.
And it's "couldn't".
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNoNoNoNoYes
Quote:

Actually, I don't believe it is. If you refer to the eBay search manipulation policy, they refer to the listing, not the description. He does not list CGC in the listing. His CBCS listings do not appear when you search for that comic under CGC. How can it be keyword spamming? It is all in the description. And actually, he could take out "over CGC" and still make his point. But it looks like what he is doing is not against eBay policy.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Actually, I don't believe it is. If you refer to the eBay search manipulation policy, they refer to the listing, not the description. He does not list CGC in the listing. His CBCS listings do not appear when you search for that comic under CGC. How can it be keyword spamming? It is all in the description. And actually, he could take out "over CGC" and still make his point. But it looks like what he is doing is not against eBay policy.

Yoi can't have CGC in the title of an auction if the book is not slabbed by CGC, period.
And the term "listing" in the link you gave includes the auction title.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yoi can't have CGC in the title of an auction if the book is not slabbed by CGC, period.

Did you bother even looking at the auction?
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Magic 8-ball says No
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I looked at all his auctions. I don't need to look past the titles to know that keyword spamming is going on.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Again, this can be proven very easily, but I like to give the offender a chance to do the right thing themselves.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I looked at all his auctions.
I don't need to look past the titles to know that keyword spamming is going on.

So please, tell me where the keyword spamming is here. All 3 listings are scifinators.

Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I looked at all his auctions.
I don't need to look past the titles to know that keyword spamming is going on.

So please, tell me where the keyword spamming is here. All 3 listings are scifinators.

Now post the ones that do have it. He has 363 auctions.
Post 18 IP   flag post
@NoNoNoNoNoYes this whole thread has been about the one auction. Can you admit that there is no keyword spamming going on in this particular auction?
Post 19 IP   flag post
Ah, I think I see the problem. When I said "interesting keyword spam you have there" you thought I meant this one auction. I meant all his listings. Looks like someone didn't look at them all.
But putting CGC in the interior of the listing is keyword spam too. You guys don't know about the white font keyword spamming?
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Ah, I think I see the problem. When I said "interesting keyword spam you have there" you thought I meant this one auction. I meant all his listings. Looks like someone didn't look at them all.
But putting CGC in the interior of the listing is keyword spam too. You guys don't know about the white font keyword spamming?

This auction is not keyword spammed. Refer to post 11.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
@NoNoNoNoNoYes this whole thread has been about the one auction. Can you admit that there is no keyword spamming going on in this particular auction?

Admit? Poor choice of words. Will you admit thst I'm right about the rest?
Post 22 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

And the term "listing" in the link you gave includes the auction title.

'you'
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

LOL

Sure, if he is posting CGC in the listing of a CBCS slab, he is keyboard spamming. Your turn.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Actually that Eclipso auction is Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

LOL

Sure, if he is posting CGC in the listing of a CBCS slab, he is keyboard spamming. Your turn.

No no, not "if he". You are not allowed to mention CGC anywhere in the listing of a CBCS book. The CBCS book you're talking about has CGC in the description. He has done this numerous times. Why is this so confusing?
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

This auction is not keyword spammed. Refer to post 11.

Do you know about white font keyword spamming?
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

LOL

No no, not "if he". You are not allowed to mention CGC anywhere in the listing of a CBCS book. The CBCS book you're talking about has CGC in the description. He has done this numerous times. Why is this so confusing?

The whole point of the keyword spamming is to have your product pop up when looking for something else. Words in the description are not searched. Ebay's policy is all about the search. It's not spamming if it doesn't result in your product being listed for that search. In this case, the comic does not pop up if yoou put CGC in the search. Here is the eBay policy.

Yes, I knew about white font spamming, which is not occuring here because the comic does not come up with a CGC search.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

LOL

The whole point of the keyword spamming is to have your product pop up when looking for something else. Words in the description are not searched.

That's your settings. Mine are set to search both title and description so what you're saying doesn't occur absolutely does. If what you say wete true then white font keyword spamming in the auction body would be allowed.

Quote:
Yes, I knew about white font spamming, which is not occuring here because the comic does not come up with a CGC search.

What's the difference? Tbey both accomplish the same goal.
Post 28 IP   flag post
https://www.ebay.com/sch/ebayadvsearch

Do you see it? Right under the blue "search" button at the top.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Thus endth the lesson for now.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601333 65 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?