Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Modern AgeFor SaleRaw Comics For Sale

Eclipso: The Darkness Within #1 Up for .01 start Auction!10886

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Agreed, it is a risk but know that i had been selling on ebay for well over a dozen years. I ad a previous scifnator account that was closed died to dormancy with over 3k positive feedback from sales of star wars and star trek collectibles then got too busy in regular life and thus stopped ebay. Sure, i may lose money ont the eclipso and the magnus, but i am willing to do so. In the meantime the rest of my auctions and fixed price listings wont be sold at a loss unless i choose to use it as lost leader later. The free returns are indeed a risk, but it gets me better visibility and lower fees

Thanks for the info, sounds like your strategy is second-level, mine is only first-level. Just sell one of those watches and it can cover a lot of comic book slabbing!
Post 51 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:
Agreed, it is a risk but know that i had been selling on ebay for well over a dozen years. I ad a previous scifnator account that was closed died to dormancy with over 3k positive feedback from sales of star wars and star trek collectibles then got too busy in regular life and thus stopped ebay. Sure, i may lose money ont the eclipso and the magnus, but i am willing to do so. In the meantime the rest of my auctions and fixed price listings wont be sold at a loss unless i choose to use it as lost leader later. The free returns are indeed a risk, but it gets me better visibility and lower fees

Thanks for the info, sounds like your strategy is second-level, mine is only first-level. Just sell one of those watches and it can cover a lot of comic book slabbing!

Lol. The watches are actually my father in laws. I would just prefer that he gift them to me, but....
Post 52 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
@NoNoNoNoNoYes is 100% correct. It is definitely keyword spamming. But everyone does it, will continue to do it, and it's futile to try to eradicate it.

Any mention of CGC in the Listing (description, title, condition note, ANYWHERE in the listing) of a non-CGC book is keyword spamming. Even though the book has NOTHING to do with CGC, you are mentioning it as a device to get views. It's the DEFINITION of keyword spamming. Specifically in the eBay policy it says "Listings that make comparisons with other products are not allowed". A lot of the Description is dedicated to making such a comparison, between companies, not so much specific products, but to the same effect.

People mostly search by title, so the CGC is not showing up in the results of a Title search by "CGC" in reference to the Eclipso book. Some people check off the box that says to include the Description area of the listing, which is a broader, slower, search, and there it WILL show up where it shouldn't be. This seller has 304 listings that have both CBCS and CGC in the title at the same time. That is MASSIVE keyword spamming, unless both companies have graded the same book (I think not).

The whole idea of a Search is to filter specifically what you are looking for. If people pollute the listings with keywords not applicable to their listing, the quality of the search suffers to a point that it may become useless.

Still trying to figure out why a $1 book has been graded. Maybe if it was a 9.8, not a 7.5. Maybe then it would be worth at least $2.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I sit an wonder why hundreds of books are graded...but at the end of the day, everyone has the perfect right to do their collection how they like...and from my own point of view, I would like nothing more than to buy a Female Furies 1, Mattina cover, signed or slabbed in 9.8 ….and MCS sells the raw book now for ...2.00. Cause...Big barda for me is worth the money
No doubt and completely correct, doing all that expense for a book that is both gradewise and demand wise simply not worth the effort could get expensive and seems odd, but let people have their fun.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@chester15 point taken on the cgc<cbcs and will put in a couple of hours updating the listings.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector NoNoNoNoNoYes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
I hope Scifinator will forgive me if I use his listing to point out what I believe are a couple of mistakes that can be made when selling on Ebay:

2) Returns: There is no reason to offer returns on graded books. If there is a legitimate reason for returning the book, it will be covered by Ebay/paypal policy. I don't believe you will get a higher selling price by offering returns, most likely only bad things and disappointment can happen.

I'd say it's better to have a return policy than not, because there's no such thing as "no returns" on Ebay. Since anything is returnable I do believe you can achieve more success selling if you have a return policy.
Post 56 IP   flag post
Current price $1.25

Link: clickable text
Post 57 IP   flag post
Quote:
Current price $1.25

Link: clickable text

4 days left!
Post 58 IP   flag post
Quote:
Sorry, meant to post this a couple of days ago. A CBCS Raw Grade of 7.5 in ebay auction with Starting bid of 1 cent and FREE domestic shipping!

Link to Auction: clickable text

2 days left to get your bid in!
Post 59 IP   flag post
Just a little over 24 hours left to get your bid in which includes FREE domestic shipping.

LINK: clickable text
Post 60 IP   flag post
Auction ends tonight @ 9:30pm on the right coast and 6:30pm on the left coast and somewhere in between in the middle.
Post 61 IP   flag post
Last hour!
Post 62 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Which one of you guys here sniped bid with 4 seconds left?

Come on...admit it.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Wasn't me, but someone got that Magnus #12 for a good price.
Post 64 IP   flag post
Yep, SOLD, and congrats to the winner! Mow onto the next .01 cent starting bid itemw which is CBCS 8.5 Star Wars Dark Empire # 1
Post 65 IP   flag post
600621 65 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?