Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Want to Buy

WTB/ISO Hard to find Adam Hughes covers10870

Collector Tdog13 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Everyone,
Happy New Year! This is the first time I have posted one of these. I am having a hard time finding what many consider ghosts; let me know if you have any of these and are willing to sell. I am looking for high grade raw or graded, but will take mid-grade if you have them (hell, I'll take low grade for place holder until I can get a higher grade). I pay quickly using Paypal and can give names of forum members I have purchased from if you want to make sure I'm legit. PM me or respond to this thread if you have any, know someone who does, or have a potential lead. Also, let me know if I did this wrong and need to edit the post.

1. A Stranger's Tale #3 (Vineyard Press, 1997)

2. Scandals #1 (one-shot) (Thorby Enterprises, 1999)

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
#1...only 4 copies have been publicly identified, so far; no one knows where the rest are (print run thought to be as small as 1,000 to as many as 5,000)

#2...only 2 copies have been publicly identified; no one knows how small the print run could be

Good luck; i’ve been searching for that A Stranger’s Tale for 15-ish years; just found out about the Scandals #1
Post 2 IP   flag post
@cyrano I actually bid on a copy of A Stranger's Tale 3 on ebay not too long ago. Was outbid by a sniper at the last second. Had I known then how hard it is to find, I would have bid much higher.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Interesting pricing: $3.50 US $5.56 Canada. I wonder if there's a story to it. Or was someone without pricing experience just using a specific exchange rate at a specific moment in time, not realizing it changes day to day.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Books used the exchange rate of the day price was added to the design. If floating exchange rate was desired then only U.S. price would have been specified.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdog13
@cyrano I actually bid on a copy of A Stranger's Tale 3 on ebay not too long ago. Was outbid by a sniper at the last second. Had I known then how hard it is to find, I would have bid much higher.

If i am remembering, that was the 4th copy and yeah, you way underbid. I talked with the winner on fb.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Trilogycomics private msg quote post Address this user
According to my records we carried both when they released..Only 3 copies of each.
Digging to see if they are in backstock
Post 7 IP   flag post
Fingers crossed!
Post 8 IP   flag post
600782 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?