Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Silver AgeGrading Help NeededRaw Comics For Sale

Help with grade and value please.10838

I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
My local comic shop has these four books just wondering if you all think they are a good deal or not.

ASM 22 price $130
Asm 26 price $125
Asm 27 price $120

Here are some pics
Thanks everyone with the help.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Just comparing them to the offerings at MCS, it looks like the prices are reasonable, not fantastic. Looks like something might be going on with the bottom part of 27? Can't tell for sure.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector KeepItClunky private msg quote post Address this user
Prices seem on point. Solid copies too. Clean/press would definitely improve them....
Post 3 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Zombie_Head - If I were looking to purchase those comics, I would call the #22 around a 6.0/7.0, the #26 around a 5.0/6.0, and the #27 around a 7.0. The total price asked for all 3 doesn’t seem too far off. Could you pull a Frank from American Pickers and offer a bundle deal for $300 or so? Based on my perceived condition, #27 would be the best deal (worth around $200 in 7.0 graded I believe). IMO #26 would not be worth the asking price if it is in the 5.0/6.0 range (and that’s the one I don’t own).

I can post scans of #22 in 6.5 and #27 in 6.0 if you want to see graded copies for comparison.

PS - 4 books or just the 3?
Post 4 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Zombie_Head - If I were looking to purchase those comics, I would call the #22 around a 6.0/7.0, the #26 around a 5.0/6.0, and the #27 around a 7.0/8.0. The total price asked for all 3 doesn’t seem too far off. Could you pull a Frank from American Pickers and offer a bundle deal for $300 or so? Based on my perceived condition, #27 would be the best deal (worth around $200 in 7.0 graded I believe). IMO #26 would not be worth the asking price if it is in the 5.0/6.0 range (and that’s the one I don’t own).

I can post scans of #22 in 6.5 and #27 in 6.0 if you want to see graded copies for comparison.

PS - 4 books or just the 3?

Thanks that would be great.
Only three sorry lol
#27 is in the best shape in the lot the #22 is second for sure. #26 has some issues it’s harder for me to judge the older spider-man books. Newer comics a lot easier for me if that makes any sense. Lol
Post 5 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo

Thanks appreciate it. Nice books also. I think I’ll try and pick them up. I’ll offer $300 and see where it goes. Lol
Post 7 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@Zombie_Head Nice books, and I believe @esaravo is pretty spot-on with his observation. Also, these books are classic Ditko. See if the LCS will take $325 for all.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Zombie_Head - Good luck. Let us know if you succeed in purchasing them.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Go straight cash if you can. Sometimes the shops will do that. I don't like sales tax and they don't like credit card fees. It's akways worth a shot.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector NightRelic private msg quote post Address this user
Very reasonable prices for a store. They match up with eBay pretty well. Not sure I agree 27 is best as far as condition. I'd want a good look at that color break on the right. 22 seems the best one to me. I would go for a bundle deal too.
Post 11 IP   flag post
598060 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?