Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Customer Service does not reply or resolve issue10807

Collector Amspider private msg quote post Address this user
FINALLY IN SHIPPING STATUS ONLY TOOK 7 months. I will let you know the faxes as soon they arrive or are posted.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
@Amspider Glad you are getting there at long last 👍
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector Nelsconey private msg quote post Address this user
I just sent in my 3 most valuable books.....

I hope there are no problems
Post 78 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsconey

Fingers crossed.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
@Nelsconey - I've been one of the more verbal submitters here on the CBCS forum, especially when there have been delays in processing. And admittedly, I'm newer than many of the folks here who have submitted dozens of times.

For what it's worth, CBCS will take care of you and the final product will be awesome. Don't bother with customer service because their responses and lack thereof will just add insult to injury. When you can't take it anymore and are ready to rip your hair out, shoot a PM to Darryl and he's top notch at putting out fires left by the customer service folks.

The process is a train wreck, but there are people who can make it easier on you and help you get through it. And in the end, you'll love your books and submit more. I am proof of this.

(PS - Sorry to put you on blast like that, Darryl, but you're good at what you do. Maybe you should head up customer service?)
Post 80 IP   flag post

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsconey

I'm at 7 or 8 submissions and I've never had a problem. But I keep it simple, I don't send in orders that have to be split up for various services. I just use the core grading service, either all slab or all Raw Grade for each submission.
Post 81 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint_Monk
Don't bother with customer service because their responses and lack thereof will just add insult to injury.

@Paint_Monk Quite often customer service weaknesses are an issue of authority. The customer service reps typically have the ability to communicate an issue but don't have the authority to demand the solutions be expedited by the various parties involved. So they often get caught in the middle. It sounds like Daryl probably has a higher level of authority to say to his co-workers "Prioritize this" or "I need that tomorrow" and "Make it so".
Post 82 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
@Paint_Monk Darryl is the best! What's even better is that I don't even have to pay him in anything but magic beans!
Post 83 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:
Don't bother with customer service because their responses and lack thereof will just add insult to injury.

@Paint_Monk Quite often customer service weaknesses are an issue of authority. The customer service reps typically have the ability to communicate an issue but don't have the authority to demand the solutions be expedited by the various parties involved. So they often get caught in the middle. It sounds like Daryl probably has a higher level of authority to say to his co-workers "Prioritize this" or "I need that tomorrow" and "Make it so".

Right. But there's no excuse for letting three or four emails go ignored for weeks on end. Don't care what your "level of authority" is.
Post 84 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock
@Paint_Monk Darryl is the best! What's even better is that I don't even have to pay him in anything but magic beans!

Beans are magic.
Post 85 IP   flag post
Collector rmgebhardt private msg quote post Address this user
I know I'm still waiting on my December promo with "4 week guaranteed TAT" that hasn't shipped back yet. Unfortunately I haven't heard back from any of my PMs to folks either. Maybe I'm too much of a newbie to warrant much attention? It's only my second time submitting so not super jazzed that it's been not quite what I'd hoped for. *Shrug*
Post 86 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmgebhardt
Unfortunately I haven't heard back from any of my PMs to folks either. Maybe I'm too much of a newbie to warrant much attention?

Sorry to say, that's not true, I did answer your PM.
Post 87 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Unfortunately I haven't heard back from any of my PMs to folks either. Maybe I'm too much of a newbie to warrant much attention?

You did.... that is true... but there was no response about the actual issue, just an acknowledgement that you got my message. Nothing since then....

Post 88 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You did.... that is true... but there was no response about the actual issue, just an acknowledgement that you got my message. Nothing since then....

AAARRGGH!
I did tell someone here to reach out to you.
There was nothing on the paperwork stating the promo, but that said, your books should ship Friday.
So sorry about the communication problem!
Post 89 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Nelsconey - I've been one of the more verbal submitters here on the CBCS forum, especially when there have been delays in processing. And admittedly, I'm newer than many of the folks here who have submitted dozens of times.

For what it's worth, CBCS will take care of you and the final product will be awesome. Don't bother with customer service because their responses and lack thereof will just add insult to injury. When you can't take it anymore and are ready to rip your hair out, shoot a PM to Darryl and he's top notch at putting out fires left by the customer service folks.

The process is a train wreck, but there are people who can make it easier on you and help you get through it. And in the end, you'll love your books and submit more. I am proof of this.

(PS - Sorry to put you on blast like that, Darryl, but you're good at what you do. Maybe you should head up customer service?)

Always glad to help!!!
Post 90 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Dont know why, but this reminded me of a old joke....

I remember when my grandmother once gave me money to pay the electric bill.

Instead, I bought a lottery ticket for a brand new truck. When I got home, I explained to her what I did and she beat the crap out of me.

But the next day, when my grandmother woke up and opened the house door, parked outside my house was a brand new truck. We all cried; especially me, because the truck was from the electricity company and they were there to cut off the electricity, so my grandmother beat the crap out of me again
Post 91 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

AAARRGGH!
I did tell someone here to reach out to you.
There was nothing on the paperwork stating the promo, but that said, your books should ship Friday.
So sorry about the communication problem!

...but on the invoice that was included with the submission, I had it written on there in black marker, as well as on the box. And when they generated my invoice online for charging my CC, the discount was done right away, so it was obvious to whoever created the online invoice or updated it, and did the billing that it was there.

Perhaps it would be a beneficial upgrade to your submission system to have a "discount code" or "promo" field when generating an invoice so it's 100% apparent that a promo is being included instead of having folks just write it on the invoice somewhere (which will differ from individual to individual and invoice to invoice).
Post 92 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Order delivered on 12/24 with the fast-press option. 6 books to grading yesterday.

If I have any legit issue right now, it is that I haven't received tracking numbers for two orders.
Post 93 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl_H
Quote:

Dont know why, but this reminded me of a old joke....

I remember when my grandmother once gave me money to pay the electric bill.

Instead, I bought a lottery ticket for a brand new truck. When I got home, I explained to her what I did and she beat the crap out of me.

But the next day, when my grandmother woke up and opened the house door, parked outside my house was a brand new truck. We all cried; especially me, because the truck was from the electricity company and they were there to cut off the electricity, so my grandmother beat the crap out of me again

Haha. Lesson learned right?
Post 94 IP   flag post
THEY HAVE ARRIVED.
Secret Wars #8 9.4 Five signatures verified STAN LEE!!, Michael Zeck, John Beatty, Bob Layton & Jim Shooter

Spider-Man #1 1900 Walmart UPC 9.6
signature Verified Todd McFarlane

Trying to up load picks, but they will not upload for some reason.

Also, I have to say I they were delayed, but once CBCS received my email about “slow”fast pressing. They quickly made it through, apologized and game me a credit for the fast pressing.
Post 95 IP   flag post

Post 96 IP   flag post
Well, finally got my December promo books back... it was a 6 week turnaround. 4 week TAT my behind. Anyone ever gotten a partial refund or future credit or anything for CBCS not making a "guarantee" that they promise. Seems super crappy to lure people in with a guaranteed turnaround and then totally biff it.
Post 97 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amspider

Also, I have to say I they were delayed, but once CBCS received my email about “slow”fast pressing. They quickly made it through, apologized and game me a credit for the fast pressing.

So they aren't fulfilling the original times because they are behind...but whoever complains the loudest gets to the front of the line? I'm baffled why this even has to be a step required.

Quote:
Well, finally got my December promo books back... it was a 6 week turnaround. 4 week TAT my behind. Anyone ever gotten a partial refund or future credit or anything for CBCS not making a "guarantee" that they promise. Seems super crappy to lure people in with a guaranteed turnaround and then totally biff it.

I was promised a $50 credit for being over charged on unperformed services and shipping, on top of behind schedule of the estimated times...never got that credit or refund. You are not alone.

I'm still hopeful for CBCS but often days I find it hard to be a customer of theirs.
Turn around 2020?

Post 98 IP   flag post
@Amspider Great books!!
Post 99 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Maybe this is part of the problem. Hard to attract and expect quality employees to work for peanuts and beans.
Post 100 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Quote:

Maybe this is part of the problem. Hard to attract and expect quality employees to work for peanuts and beans.
Plus... who would want to eat peanuts, beans or anything else that's covered in Borock's pocket lint?
Post 101 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBildhauser
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Quote:

Plus... who would want to eat peanuts, beans or anything else that's covered in Borock's pocket lint?

Hehehe he's got deep pockets to fit all those beans, peanuts, lint, and unrewarded customer credits.

Those pockets probably dip right into his ankle socks!
Post 102 IP   flag post
598062 102 27
This topic is archived. Start new topic?