CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Customer Service does not reply or resolve issue10807

Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano0521
Don’t be dense; diff locations only adds maybe two days over all.

That may be one of the denser things I've heard on this forum. Really? Daily shipments? No consolidation? No issues with all the unpacking, repacking, separating, re-uniting? No need for Triage ever? that's a lot of Ass-uming.

The greater number the links the greater the chance of breakage.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Really though....why can't anyone respond to an email? It is now 2020. I can respond to an email in seconds on my phone. Is there really that much volume that emails are not being answered? Is it just one person?

And to parrot a couple other people on here- the "help number" is ridiculous, I called about a previous issue numerous times and was told to leave a callback number and never received one.

My new issue isn't that big of a deal(billing question) but I'm sure it delays the process... but its just alarming that there is just no dedicated reponse time to any questions.

Weren't some of these concerns supposed to be remedied by becoming part of Beckett?
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

That may be one of the denser things I've heard on this forum. Really? Daily shipments? No consolidation? No issues with all the unpacking, repacking, separating, re-uniting? No need for Triage ever? that's a lot of Ass-uming.

I'm pretty sure that if I ever responded that way in a thread I'd get a vacation.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector brandon77 private msg quote post Address this user
I sent in 6 books for pressing/grading, they were received and invoiced by CBCS Aug 27.
Haven't heard anything back since. Had no idea it took half a year to do this..
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector wtbmok private msg quote post Address this user
@Enelson Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Quote:
Quote:

I'm pretty sure that if I ever responded that way in a thread I'd get a vacation.

I agree 100% what exactly is going on over there at CBCS?
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
Quote:
Don’t be dense

nniicceeeee
Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector wtbmok private msg quote post Address this user
I missing order has been updated to the dash, just want to give everybody and update. Thanks for replying to this post everyone.
Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector Amspider private msg quote post Address this user
Hello, CBCS your customer service is truly lacking. I have called numerous times and spoken to numerous customer service agents a gentleman by the name of Brian to be exact. He has told me his supervisor would be contacting me yet I have not received a phone call. I paid for my books to be Cleaned and pressed as well as signature verification you received the books August 2, and the status has not changed. Every time I speak to your customer service or so-called customer service, they tell me they are not sure what’s going on with my books. So I am asking you CBCS what’s going on with my books!!!!!
Post 58 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Amspider - If you check out other postings regarding pressing, there is a tremendous backlog of books. Without pressing, many orders are being completed in less than a month, with 4 to 5 week TATs common. However, based on what I see from other members, the TATs for pressing are in months, not weeks. I submitted a small order for pressing a few months ago myself, and I don’t expect it back anytime soon. Best as I can tell, members who submitted books for pressing around the first week of June have started to get them back. So unfortunately, you are probably still several weeks away from getting your books back. You could also try sending a PM to one of the moderators or CBCS employees that frequently post responses to questions like these on the forums.
Post 59 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Unless you fast pass it will take awhile. I submitted books for pressing the Monday after NYCC in October. I paid for fast press and fast pass on grading. My books were back in early December. None of the books were VSP so that helps.

The last order I ever did where I didnt fast pass & fast press, the books took a bit over 6 months. This was also when TATs were ridiculous.
Post 60 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
No amount of helpful posts will make their atrocious customer service palatable (and I like CBCS).
Post 61 IP   flag post
Collector Forbush private msg quote post Address this user
My book submitted for press at Vegas Con June 15th finally showed up "processing". The books I had graded I had back within 2 months. My only problem has been I didn't know what happened to the one book and no one would ever get back to me from phone calls or emails. I also don't mind it taking some time, but after 4 or 5 months I wanted to know if it was in the system somewhere and not lost after the drop off. Some verification on receipt somewhere would be nice.
Post 62 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@Amspider My books just came back (maybe 2 weeks ago) from a June 7th hand off. For basically the whole time except the last few weeks there was no change in the status on my dash.

@esaravo is correct; pressing takes months and months and you are probably still a few weeks or more away from seeing any movement.

It sucks yes, and maybe there should be some disclaimer somewhere but this is what it is. Pressing will take months and you will have no status change until the very end.

I'm unsure if CBCS is addressing this but if they are I would not expect it to be a quick change. Training bodies how to press and investing in equipment (maybe more sqft required?) is not a quick or cheap endeavor....if they are looking at how to speed that part of the business up that is.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Wow, that’s crazy. I failed to mention I paid extra for faster grading and faster pressing. NOT LOOKING THAT FAST, to me. It is what it is, but I think a more than 5 month turnaround, is not cool!!!
Post 64 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

I'm unsure if CBCS is addressing this but if they are I would not expect it to be a quick change. Training bodies how to press and investing in equipment (maybe more sqft required?) is not a quick or cheap endeavor....if they are looking at how to speed that part of the business up that is.

I'm probably not reading you correctly, but does it take months/years to train someone how to pick up the damn phone? If I were a betting man, I'd put money on the fact that 'not knowing' is a greater contribution to anxiety than pressing time.
Post 65 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
It’s bloody well simple...if you include Pressing your books do not get entered into the system until that step is done. It’s also a very simple fix...add a step: ALL items are “rec’d” and those sent to pressing get “pressing” as next step until they come back. Presto, no more “did my books arrive?” Or “where are my books?” for those books.
Post 66 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amspider
Hello, CBCS your customer service is truly lacking. I have called numerous times and spoken to numerous customer service agents a gentleman by the name of Brian to be exact. He has told me his supervisor would be contacting me yet I have not received a phone call. I paid for my books to be Cleaned and pressed as well as signature verification you received the books August 2, and the status has not changed. Every time I speak to your customer service or so-called customer service, they tell me they are not sure what’s going on with my books. So I am asking you CBCS what’s going on with my books!!!!!

Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
No amount of helpful posts will make their atrocious customer service palatable (and I like CBCS).

Agreed.

Quote:
Wow, that’s crazy. I failed to mention I paid extra for faster grading and faster pressing. NOT LOOKING THAT FAST, to me. It is what it is, but I think a more than 5 month turnaround, is not cool!!!

Everytime I paid for faster turn times they were always way slower than expectation. Weeks over estimates.
Post 67 IP   flag post
Well here’s my “update”

Same!!! Nothing has change, here’s my order number 19-2AF443E. And attached a photo, that shows what I paid. I don’t know what’s going on over there. Can someone please HELP

Post 68 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Well here’s my “update”

Same!!! Nothing has change, here’s my order number 19-2AF443E. And attached a photo, that shows what I paid. I don’t know what’s going on over there. Can someone please HELP

This is pressing correct? Pressing turn around is behind, but they are working to get caught up.
Post 69 IP   flag post
Thank you for the quick response, so why have customers pay for fast press is not FAST????
Post 70 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Thank you for the quick response, so why have customers pay for fast press is not FAST????

Yeah- I really feel like they should remove the option of "fast ____" if it is not accurate anymore.
Post 71 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelson
Quote:

Yeah- I really feel like they should remove the option of "fast ____" if it is not accurate anymore.

"Fast" is relative.

Post 72 IP   flag post
Let's not be hasty to judge.
Post 73 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
I see what you did there.
Post 74 IP   flag post
Took your time though eh?
Post 75 IP   flag post
FINALLY IN SHIPPING STATUS ONLY TOOK 7 months. I will let you know the faxes as soon they arrive or are posted.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
@Amspider Glad you are getting there at long last 👍
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector Nelsconey private msg quote post Address this user
I just sent in my 3 most valuable books.....

I hope there are no problems
Post 78 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsconey
I just sent in my 3 most valuable books.....

I hope there are no problems

Fingers crossed.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
@Nelsconey - I've been one of the more verbal submitters here on the CBCS forum, especially when there have been delays in processing. And admittedly, I'm newer than many of the folks here who have submitted dozens of times.

For what it's worth, CBCS will take care of you and the final product will be awesome. Don't bother with customer service because their responses and lack thereof will just add insult to injury. When you can't take it anymore and are ready to rip your hair out, shoot a PM to Darryl and he's top notch at putting out fires left by the customer service folks.

The process is a train wreck, but there are people who can make it easier on you and help you get through it. And in the end, you'll love your books and submit more. I am proof of this.

(PS - Sorry to put you on blast like that, Darryl, but you're good at what you do. Maybe you should head up customer service?)
Post 80 IP   flag post
600899 102 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?