Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Silver AgeGrading Help Needed

Fantastic Four #10 with Strange Cut10790

Collector RLR private msg quote post Address this user
I just realized that my Fantastic Four #10 is cut such that the top spine edge measures 10-3/16” and the top outer edge measures 10-5/16”. The comic is otherwise in VG condition. How might this affect grading & value? It seems like a manufacturing defect, but how do I know if it was intentionally cut? The cut does not impact the printed areas.
Post 1 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
It would be great if you could include pictures in your post, 1) so we can see what your talking about 2) because we really like to look at comics. Welcome to the forum.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I would gladly include a scan except they live in my safe deposit box. I hope to be able to scan the most valuable soon and can post some pics.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
We will be impatiently waiting, lol, sounds like you may have some heavy hitters there
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
I have a gogo #5 that would have been 7.0 but for a bad cut. It made it 5.5, instead. If your book is only 4.0, then it likely doesn't matter.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
We will be impatiently waiting, lol, sounds like you may have some heavy hitters there

My goal was to collect 1-200 in VG or better condition (as a gift) and I almost met my goal (there are a couple of GOODs that I missed: probably ran out of time). Luckily, I have 2 of this issue, though I probably purchased this one because the first one didn’t meet my standards. It is not a high grade collection, but it is a cool one!
Post 6 IP   flag post
@RLR low grade is better than no grade, that's awesome that you almost have 1-200, so do you have 2 #1's
Post 7 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano0521
I have a gogo #5 that would have been 7.0 but for a bad cut. It made it 5.5, instead. If your book is only 4.0, then it likely doesn't matter.

Is this in the Grader's Notes?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
@RLR low grade is better than no grade, that's awesome that you almost have 1-200, so do you have 2 #1's

I do have 1-200, I just ended up with 4 GOOD comics without better duplicates. 😢
I don’t have 2x #1’s, but I do have 2x #2’s, #3’s and a bunch of others. 😃
Post 9 IP   flag post
@RLR that's still pretty damn impressive. If you need to off load, I could use a #3, maybe some others. I have all the keys 1,2,4,5,12,13,18,etc. trying to concentrate on getting the big ones out of the way then go back and fill the holes.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@Batman66 I started with a good sized collection then filled in all the holes, sometimes multiple times. It would have been the best Christmas gift EVER if my ex hadn’t moved out on Christmas day!! Santa deemed him too naughty!(Note to self & others: Never move out before you receive the fabulous gift your spouse has been hinting about for a year!)
Post 11 IP   flag post
@RLR wow, so sorry to hear that. Kinda puts a zinger in your Christmas. Well at least you'll have some great books to make it a merry Christmas
Post 12 IP   flag post
597931 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?