Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Weekly Cover Contest Discussion Thread10782

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I considered this cover.

Post 126 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
I was going to enter this Betty cover, but the rules were a chest full of treasure, so I went with Veronica.

All the fish are getting a choice view while she's distracted.
One is even giving us their opinion.
Post 127 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
I was a little slow posting in this week thread. Only book I own was this and someone had beaten me in posting it.

Post 128 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I almost posted this one.

Post 129 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Shame the artists on those westerns didn't draw dead men's hand aces over eights
Thought for the artists it would be obvious
Post 130 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
I was a little slow posting in this week thread. Only book I own was this and someone had beaten me in posting it.

Never saw the Australian version before, Michael. Thanks for sharing. Did you bring back a lot of comics from your land down under?
Post 131 IP   flag post
@esaravo only a couple. They were not collected much. Collectors down there prefer the U.S editions
Post 132 IP   flag post
Here are a couple.

Venus 3 is currently getting graded

Post 133 IP   flag post
Well that's me out of the cover contest.

Been a member here since 2016 and have been participating in the cover contest on the slim chance that I may win just once and I never did.

I had the cool idea for a contest cover of falling.

There are great artists and there are hacks.

Hacks are the cover artists that can only draw eye candy characters in still poses.

A real artist can draw characters and scenes with depth. Giving a three dimensional look to a two dimensional art work.

Best way to illustrate this is with character/characters falling.

One of my favorites is this

The bellhop is not having a good day.
But imagine the stories the window washer will tell his co-workers back in the depot after his shift 😜

Anyway my cool idea sadly gone.
So I'll just look at the contest and hopefully see some nice copies I've never seen before and just vote from now on πŸ‘
Post 134 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
To me, win or lose, it's all about having fun.

@southerncross awesome cover! I love it!
Post 135 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I was thinking of posting this one but she is not really 'falling'..just a gentle decent

Wonder why all these ladies in Wings and Rangers comics are done to the nines while in combat!
At least in this one she has sensible flats on instead of high heels!
Post 136 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
This was the other cover I was thinking of posting. I used it in the battle of the Monsters contest. It is one of my fav covers of all time.

Post 137 IP   flag post
@KatKomics cool cover.
Women dressed to the 9s doing action is not logical. Think it's funny on movies and TV where women are wearing stilettos trying to run. 😜
Post 138 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Been a member here since 2016 and have been participating in the cover contest on the slim chance that I may win just once and I never did.

Hacks are the cover artists that can only draw eye candy characters in still poses.

A real artist can draw characters and scenes with depth. Giving a three dimensional look to a two dimensional art work.

But imagine the stories the window washer will tell his co-workers back in the depot after his shift 😜

So I'll just look at the contest and hopefully see some nice copies I've never seen before and just vote from now on πŸ‘

Why didn't you post that cover in the current contest?
Post 139 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:

Why didn't you post that cover in the current contest?

He said he is only voting from now on, which I think is sad.

So I reckon this cover is up for grabs. Sure looks like a possible winner to me at the moment. That is a killer cover.
Post 140 IP   flag post
I did read that. I'm just curious as to why he would give up when he has the winning cover for a contest he's waited four years to enter. Surely it's not because someone else posted his idea for a contest before he had the chance to do it himself.
Post 141 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross personally, I hope you continue to submit covers. I've never had an idea for a contest until after I won. Quite honestly, if having an idea was a requirement for the contest, I doubt I'd ever enter one. While some people only like to enter comics from their collection, I tend to do something completely different. Unless a comic pops immediately into my mind, I like searching for a cover I've never seen or, at the very least, one that is an oddball. I hope you reconsider your decision.
Post 142 IP   flag post
Plus, I don't think anyone should cover snipe his entry. That seems a little Snidely Whiplash to me.

Post 143 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
I did read that. I'm just curious as to why he would give up when he has the winning cover for a contest he's waited four years to enter. Surely it's not because someone else posted his idea for a contest before he had the chance to do it himself.

Curious indeed.

As for the winning cover, there are some awesome covers that have been submitted at the moment, but if we were voting now, I would give this one my 3 check marks.

I'm anticipating someone will eventually see that this cover isn't being used (only discussed) and they are going to pounce on it.

EDIT: I agree on the Snidley Whiplash.
Post 144 IP   flag post
Dude, post your cover in the current contest. You're on the edge of glory.

Quote:

Post 145 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
Helric..

You said "Falling for You" then added Valentines Day.. would this Qualify..

Post 146 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
Here's was my other choice for Falling for You.. again obscure.. but cool

Post 147 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Gotlift that was the first comic I thought of!! But I decided to go with a different cover.
Post 148 IP   flag post
I can't believe this hasn't made the cut so far...

Post 149 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
I was thinking of posting this one but she is not really 'falling'..just a gentle decent

This is one of my favorite covers and of all time.I even had. Local artist sketch it for me.

With that said she has a parachute and a cover with someone plummeting to their potential doom is what inspired me to pick the cover with Speedy.

Wonder why all these ladies in Wings and Rangers comics are done to the nines while in combat!
At least in this one she has sensible flats on instead of high heels!
Post 150 IP   flag post
Quote:

Looks like daywalker entered it 20+ minutes ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daywalker

Post 151 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
I can't believe this hasn't made the cut so far...

I was looking for that one and liked the Simpsons cover more.

It’s a good cover, though.

Simpsons might even break my high vote total of 5.

It’s tough to compete with all the silver age and golden age covers popping up.
Post 152 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
That @Stevericketts Weird Science-Fantasy 29 is going to be hard to beat. If this were a gambling site I would give 2-1 odds to anyone who thinks it won't be the winner. I've seen the cover a hundred times but I keep going back to look at it.
Post 153 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
That @Stevericketts Weird Science-Fantasy 29 is going to be hard to beat. If this were a gambling site I would give 2-1 odds to anyone who thinks it won't be the winner. I've seen the cover a hundred times but I keep going back to look at it.

My friend Jim Halperin owns the original art to that cover. It is super cool!
Post 154 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller

My friend Jim Halperin owns the original art to that cover. It is super cool!

No way! Let's see it. If I remember correctly, wasn't it originally a Buck Rogers cover that was rejected or never used, and then it was repurposed by Frazetta?
Post 155 IP   flag post
601366 999 30