Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Weekly Cover Contest Discussion Thread10782

PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Towmater - My idea for the theme was covers with red and one or two other colors (black, white, possibly another color just for contrast). But like I stated, I knew there would be posts that were “mostly’ red. So let the voters decide.

Thanks...I was ready to cancel my entry again this week...thought I'd blundered again.

Marty
Post 101 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
This says "after Aparo" which cover is he referring to?

Post 102 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
144- Page Soft-cover book from 1988:

Post 103 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Which reminds me of:

Post 104 IP   flag post
Gracias.
Post 105 IP   flag post

Collector Arak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Almost went with this cover instead of the Banana Splits. I am surprised no one posted this one either. I loved this show as a kid.

I was going to use mine and take part for the first time Ed
Post 106 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
A Runner Up

Post 107 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Runner Up

Post 108 IP   flag post

Post 109 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user

Post 110 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
WCC-178 Oak Island Treasure....

This is going to be a fun thread. So many cool covers already.
Post 111 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
I enjoy watching Oak Island! I also hope they find some treasure.

@Jesse_O I really love this cover you submitted... it's so vibrant. I must admit though, I've been giving the other treasure chest more attention. Looks like you scored a 2 in 1 with this entry.
Post 112 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Pre_Coder LOL
Post 113 IP   flag post
I hate that Oak Island show. They dig and dig and dig and never find anything. That's just insane.
Post 114 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
My complaint about that show is that the world would know of a crazy significant discovery there before a basic cable channel would break the story.
Post 115 IP   flag post
Also about the covers this week, Ed gave the definition of “chest” he was looking for, but not “booty”.
Post 116 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Man I hate this....I have an image in my head of the cover I'm looking for but can't remember the series or characters!!! Maybe if I sleep on it things will sharpen in my memory?
Post 117 IP   flag post
I can’t think of anything I own, and I’m going to stick to my books. I might be out this week.
Post 118 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Man I hate this....I have an image in my head of the cover I'm looking for but can't remember the series or characters!!! Maybe if I sleep on it things will sharpen in my memory?

The alpha state has a tendency to re-awaken things.
Post 119 IP   flag post
Another cover I considered for last week.

Post 120 IP   flag post
Another red.

Post 121 IP   flag post
My last two, I am too lazy to pull the FF’s I was thinking about.

Post 122 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo

You mean this one would not be considered a qualifying Treasure Chest Cover ... LOL....

Post 123 IP   flag post
@Gotlift - Nice one(s) Tom!
Post 124 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I was going to enter this Betty cover, but the rules were a chest full of treasure, so I went with Veronica.

Post 125 IP   flag post
I considered this cover.

Post 126 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
I was going to enter this Betty cover, but the rules were a chest full of treasure, so I went with Veronica.

All the fish are getting a choice view while she's distracted.
One is even giving us their opinion.
Post 127 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
I was a little slow posting in this week thread. Only book I own was this and someone had beaten me in posting it.

Post 128 IP   flag post
I almost posted this one.

Post 129 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Shame the artists on those westerns didn't draw dead men's hand aces over eights
Thought for the artists it would be obvious
Post 130 IP   flag post
600802 999 30