Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Weekly Cover Contest Discussion Thread10782

being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
There he is! Your friendly neighborhood...
Post 776 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Web-Swinger!
Post 777 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
A truer statement has never been uttered!!

This is pretty much my goal in life.
Post 778 IP   flag post

Post 779 IP   flag post
Post 780 IP   flag post

Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
@WMorse First thing I thought of when I saw the new contest ... which is pretty obvious given what I chose to enter.
Post 781 IP   flag post
Excellent choice @CatCovers!
Post 782 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Ditto
Post 783 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@WMorse Great theme this week!
Post 784 IP   flag post
Enjoy @GAC!
Post 785 IP   flag post
Collector Reelgee private msg quote post Address this user
@WMorse congrads!!!
Post 786 IP   flag post
Thanks @Reelgee! Help us out with this week's contest?
Post 787 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC - What an awesome copy of Space Ghost!
Post 788 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@GAC - What an awesome copy of Space Ghost!

Thanks!! and while I do have two copies of that book (CGC 5.0 & 5.5), sadly that particular copy does not belong to me.
Post 789 IP   flag post
I do believe there was a 2nd issue for Vengeance of Bane.

Not sure if this is a direct #2 from the #1 though.

Post 790 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
I do believe there was a 2nd issue for Vengeance of Bane.

Not sure if this is a direct #2 from the #1 though.

Yep, a totally different "one shot" which is why I included the first one. I did mull it over though.
Post 791 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
So many awesome covers already for this week's contest!
Post 792 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
A truer statement has never been uttered!!

This is pretty much my goal in life.

How can you not love the great Steve Sibra! Always words of wisdom and a sick sense of humor!
Post 793 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
Before the title changed to Giant-Size FF.

"Before the title changed"...Ha, I think that is a stretch. But that's a nice copy, isn't that the one with a double cover you have there??

It is.

The title did change. There is no Giant-Sive FF #1, just as there is no Giant-Size Werewolf by Night #1,
but there is a Giant-Size Superstars #1 and Giant-Size Creatures #1.

Solid as steel- No stretching here.
Post 794 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Siggy 1st time seeing that cover and it's got my 3 votes unless something better comes up.
Post 795 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
@Siggy 1st time seeing that cover and it's got my 3 votes unless something better comes up.

Too bad you can't do that for both covers
Post 796 IP   flag post
Whenever you have a monkey riding a horse, I'm in. Tom74152 private msg quote post Address this user
I bet there a lot of stories about why there was no #2 to this weeks contest. Being lazy I thought if anyone else wants to explain, other than obvious titles, that would save some research. To start I’m another one who can’t make a link.https: //www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiNuJ_d0eH0AhVIT98KHYF6CmcQFnoECB0QAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fkirbymuseum.org%2Fblogs%2Fsimonandkirby%2Farchives%2F1219&usg=AOvVaw27rLdG5cX8z1RdgVG6Z5hF
Post 797 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom74152
I bet there a lot of stories about why there was no #2 to this weeks contest. Being lazy I thought if anyone else wants to explain, other than obvious titles, that would save some research. To start I’m another one who can’t make a link.https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiNuJ_d0eH0AhVIT98KHYF6CmcQFnoECB0QAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fkirbymuseum.org%2Fblogs%2Fsimonandkirby%2Farchives%2F1219&usg=AOvVaw27rLdG5cX8z1RdgVG6Z5hF

Click "Link" in the bar above the text box- add the https address you have in your post.

clickable text

Replace "clickable text" with any title you wish

Captain 3-D #2
Post 798 IP   flag post
Whenever you have a monkey riding a horse, I'm in. Tom74152 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
I bet there a lot of stories about why there was no #2 to this weeks contest. Being lazy I thought if anyone else wants to explain, other than obvious titles, that would save some research. To start I’m another one who can’t make a link.https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiNuJ_d0eH0AhVIT98KHYF6CmcQFnoECB0QAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fkirbymuseum.org%2Fblogs%2Fsimonandkirby%2Farchives%2F1219&usg=AOvVaw27rLdG5cX8z1RdgVG6Z5hF

Click "Link" in the bar above the text box- add the https address you have in your post.

clickable text

Replace "clickable text" with any title you wish

any title you wish

Thank you. I was researching how to do it. I'm at the age when I learn something new, it pushes out something old in my head.
Post 799 IP   flag post
Quote:
Thank you. I was researching how to do it. I'm at the age when I learn something new, it pushes out something old in my head.

You're welcome, and I hope it isn't anything too important.

Quote:
I bet there a lot of stories about why there was no #2 to this weeks contest. Being lazy I thought if anyone else wants to explain, other than obvious titles, that would save some research.

Often no one cared about #1 😄 I recently purchased 14 pages from a one-issue title I'd never heard of before. When it comes to published OA, I can only afford to buy what appeals to me, which is not at all a loss- Who wants art they don't like? And they were $20 each, so that made it easier.
Anyway, the last numbered page I have is "40"- the Epilogue, which does appear to be the final page of the story. When I can find the comic that the art appears in, I buy it. After looking through this, it stopped at "24". I checked GCD, and it shows #1 is indeed a 24-page story. Clearly not enough people cared how it ended.

I just want to know how the main character became disembodied in her dream. Unless I find more pages, I never will 😖
Post 800 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

You're welcome, and I hope it isn't anything too important.

Quote:
I bet there a lot of stories about why there was no #2 to this weeks contest. Being lazy I thought if anyone else wants to explain, other than obvious titles, that would save some research.

Often no one cared about #1 😄 I recently purchased 14 pages from a one-issue title I'd never heard of before. When it comes to published OA, I can only afford to buy what appeals to me, which is not at all a loss- Who wants art they don't like? And they were $20 each, so that made it easier.
Anyway, the last numbered page I have is "40"- the Epilogue, which does appear to be the final page of the story. When I can find the comic that the art appears in, I buy it. After looking through this, it stopped at "24". I checked GCD, and it shows #1 is indeed a 24-page story. Clearly not enough people cared how it ended.

I just want to know how the main character became disembodied in her dream. Unless I find more pages, I never will 😖

Nothing to important.Just getting old & fat fingers
Post 801 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
Quote:
Before the title changed to Giant-Size FF.

"Before the title changed"...Ha, I think that is a stretch. But that's a nice copy, isn't that the one with a double cover you have there??

It is.

The title did change. There is no Giant-Sive FF #1, just as there is no Giant-Size Werewolf by Night #1,
but there is a Giant-Size Superstars #1 and Giant-Size Creatures #1.

Solid as steel- No stretching here.

Well, to each their own...OPINION.

If there is a #2 issue out there then there must be a #1 that preceded it regardless of the title tweak. In any other contest I would have voted for Giant-Size Super Stars FF #1 because it is one of my favorite covers, but for me I feel it didn't fit the criteria this time around. I would definitely vote 3 stars for it being an awesome double cover!
Post 802 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
I didn't know Space Ghost was a one shot. It was most certainly deserving of a continuation. A really true classic.
Post 803 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I bet there a lot of stories about why there was no #2 to this weeks contest

#2 gets flushed.
Post 804 IP   flag post
I tried to come up with an original theme this week... I scanned the previous winners list and didn't see painted covers as a theme. I'm hoping there's enough painted covers out there for everyone to enter.
Post 805 IP   flag post
601359 999 30