Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Weekly Cover Contest Discussion Thread10782

Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I need to remember to make these comments here.

But I think for this thread to work, it needs to be stickied to page 1, or pinned, or whatever. It was on page 2.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I think this thread is needed again this week ….it was made last week apparently to lower the amount of clutter and distraction within the thread itself, and the very next week, the thread is again cluttered with reposts, that will make voting confusing if you are not super careful
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
That and the cartoons are creating a lot of memories.

Fun stuff. I'll have to locate my cover. One of them was taken, already.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
Back when I was I kid. (Grandkids say I knew
🎼Ally ooop🎼) now that dates me. We had a lot of so called serial shows. Lone Ranger, whip lash la’rue, Wild Bill Hickock, Flash Gordon, Jim Bowie, Rocketman, Superman & on & on. For 5 cents on a Saturday afternoon at the movie house or even better for 10 cents at the local grade school and you got a bag of popcorn and a couple pieces of penny candy.
🎼Those were the days🎼
Post 54 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I think this forum needs a 'Sales Discussion' thread too (capable of having one? Different matter). That locked thread (I never looked in it until it was locked) was an eye opener and very informative, but as useful as that info is, it wasn't the place for the keyword discussion.

Q: How is a person here creating a thread hoping to find specific information, but instead getting responses completely unrelated to his question (in other words; thread crapping, derailing- something apparently frowned upon here) ANY DIFFERENT than a person hoping to find specific comics, but instead getting results completely unrelated to his search inquiry?

A: Money.

Happy New Year, Collectors Be careful when surfing
Post 55 IP   flag post

If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Do what?
Post 56 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy

But I think for this thread to work, it needs to be stickied to page 1, or pinned, or whatever. It was on page 2.

The problem with stickied threads is that the general board population tends to skip past all the red star threads unless they have something specific to convey in league with pressing waits, order status, or TATs.
Post 57 IP   flag post
The Herculoids and Space Ghost were my favorites, but I couldn't find a cover I liked. However, I lived for Spiderman and His Amazing Friends. So, I'm okay with that choice as well.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:

The problem with stickied threads is that the general board population tends to skip past all the red star threads unless they have something specific to convey in league with pressing waits, order status, or TATs.

True, but when they do need the thread, there it is. I'd imagine peeople would rather comment in the contest thread itself before searching for this thread if it's been idle for a time.
Post 59 IP   flag post
If you really want it stickied, we can get it stickied.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Let's see if it works.
Post 61 IP   flag post
In comics as a boy in the 50’s and early 60’s I was into Superman and the submariner.
Two different realms. I preferred submariner over aquaman. Too bad I didn’t save anything. When I left home at 17 my mother cleaned house. Comics, baseball cards, playboy’s etc. had to make room for the other 6 we lived I a 1000 square ft 3 bedroom house. No room for extra stuff.
Post 62 IP   flag post
I'd like CBCS to give me $10,000.

:popcorn:
Post 63 IP   flag post
Quote:

I'm just offering a suggestion to maybe help your thread function as intended- I don't really want anything- If comments continue to be posted in the contest thread, I won't lose sleep.
Post 64 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders

That front outer cover looks better than 7.5
Also looks like Popeye's getting desperate. He needs to move to green state.
Post 65 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Is it frowned upon to explain why I chose the book I posted? I get the off topic banter and reposts but I accidentally put to much font in my last cover posting. I just want to make sure I’m a proper gent.
Post 66 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Is it frowned upon to explain why I chose the book I posted? I get the off topic banter and reposts but I accidentally put to much font in my last cover posting. I just want to make sure I’m a proper gent.

Not by me, and certainly not in that context since the topic is comics that "made" us. That's one of the things that factor into my voting- If I feel the image truly matches the OP's intent. However, I'm not saying I won't vote on something without a back story.

Anyway, I don't mind this at all fwiw
Post 67 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Cool man, I’ve pretty new to the cover contest.
Post 68 IP   flag post
Quote:

I can't get those kind of results with a "please" and a "thank you."
Post 69 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

I can't get those kind of results with a "please" and a "thank you."

Yeah, and jumping from a stickied thread to that was maybe too much. I should have started with emojis.
Post 70 IP   flag post
Everything old is new again:

Post 71 IP   flag post
Quote:
Everything old is new again:

It "works" for Marvel.
Post 72 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Since the title this weeks states “cartoons” let me know if I should change my entry. Not a cartoon, but definitely cartoonish, the show did include animated segments. And if you are pushing 60 like me, the cover alone should get the Tra La La song stuck in your head for a few hours. Repeat after me, One Banana, Two Banana, Three Banana,...

My quest to have all qualifying items signed by Mike Royer also includes the Banana Splits- Someday I'll find a dvd set or something that includes a shot of the background set they used on tv. Mike helped design it (credited).

Mike also helped a great deal with the 60's Spider-Man and Sub-Mariner cartoons, and was almost chosen as the voice of Peter/Spidey. He had stacks of Model sheets and copies of story boards he was planning to toss in the garbage- Luckily I saved them, and HAPPILY added them to my Royer Collection, which not only includes items containing his artwork, but items that are related to his Comic Book/Comic Strip/Television/Album Design/Disney career.
Post 73 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Since the title this weeks states “cartoons” let me know if I should change my entry. Not a cartoon, but definitely cartoonish, the show did include animated segments. And if you are pushing 60 like me, the cover alone should get the Tra La La song stuck in your head for a few hours. Repeat after me, One Banana, Two Banana, Three Banana,...

My quest to have all qualifying items signed by Mike Royer also includes the Banana Splits- Someday I'll find a dvd set or something that includes a shot of the background set they used on tv. Mike helped design it (credited).

Mike also helped a great deal with the 60's Spider-Man and Sub-Mariner cartoons, and was almost chosen as the voice of Peter/Spidey. He had stacks of Model sheets and copies of story boards he was planning to toss in the garbage- Luckily I saved them, and HAPPILY added them to my Royer Collection, which not only includes items containing his artwork, but items that are related to his Comic Book/Comic Strip/Television/Album Design/Disney career.

Damn, I saw that cover and all of a sudden I started singing...Fa la la fa la la la fa lalalalalaaa, one banana, two banana, three banana, four.......
Post 74 IP   flag post
I'm surprised this one wasn't listed.... of course you have to be over 50 but it was another I loved

I can here the melody now.. Here I come to save the day.. that means that mighty mouse is on the way

lol... that will be in my head for the rest of the day..

Post 75 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Almost went with this cover instead of the Banana Splits. I am surprised no one posted this one either. I loved this show as a kid.

Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo

Post 77 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Should've been my first choice.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Why is there a rule on when voting can happen? If you enjoy a cover why not allow voting at anytime during the contest?
Post 79 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Why is there a rule on when voting can happen? If you enjoy a cover why not allow voting at anytime during the contest?

Hey, Bro,... think about it.
Post 80 IP   flag post
600723 999 30