Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Weekly Cover Contest Discussion Thread10782

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
It is a commissioned painting of the Goblin Queen by Parrillo. I thought it was Parrillo and did a quick search. Here is the ComicArtFan page. In the comments, the owner states it was a commission.
Post 326 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
It is a commissioned painting of the Goblin Queen by Parrillo. I thought it was Parrillo and did a quick search. Here is the ComicArtFan page. In the comments, the owner states it was a commission.

Well that explains why I can’t find the book. I need to title my pictures better

Thanks guys.
Post 327 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Speaking of cool covers just came across this yesterday. Maybe it's just me but I think the coloring makes this a pretty striking cover?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Grendel-War-Child-7-CGC-Graded-9-4-Dark-Horse-January-1993-Comic-Book/124281141458?hash=item1cefbbb8d2:g:puAAAOSwP35fJMdv
Post 328 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O

Haha I love this cover, definitely has my 3 votes.
Post 329 IP   flag post
Collector ShallaBal private msg quote post Address this user
@Peterc777, great cover! I love some of those Scalphunter covers esp. that Lincoln one! In fact I originally thought of posting a (different) Scalphunter cover myself, but I couldn't resist that Rex "tongue-in-cheek" cover by none other than the great Gil Kane.
Post 330 IP   flag post

Collector peterc777 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShallaBal
@Peterc777, great cover! I love some of those Scalphunter covers esp. that Lincoln one! In fact I originally thought of posting a (different) Scalphunter cover myself, but I couldn't resist that Rex "tongue-in-cheek" cover by none other than the great Gil Kane.

Thank you, and yeah, I had two other Weird Westerns with Scalphunter that I was deciding between but decided to go with that one 'cause it seemed to be the "weirdest." That Rex cover is definitely getting at least one vote from me.
Post 331 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Not a cover but a splash page from SIMON and KIRBY'S "BOYS'
RANCH" #1.

mm
Post 332 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
@ShallaBal Since you specifically said no goats I refrained from posting this one😉🐐

Post 333 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
this week I went with a classic subby cover that I may send my copy in one day BUT I should have done this one!!

Post 334 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
"Just The Two Of Us"...wasn't sure if this would count as two or
three.

mm
Post 335 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I looked to see if Giants was a previously used theme but I didn't see that it was. There was one title Giant Sized but I assumed it was referring to the size of the comic like Annuals/King Size. Hopefully this is a unique theme to the contest.
Post 336 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
as of October 17, 8:23am I have 6 (2 × 3) early checks...just documenting.

Post 337 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
Oh YAWN, same people keep on winning OVER & OVER, it's like a rotating wheel of BORING!!

What do you think is happening here? A conspiracy?

It's been a while since the 'c' word was shouted in the weekly cover thread[s], but you know you're at the heart of it- 'Fess up!
Post 338 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Oh YAWN, same people keep on winning OVER & OVER, it's like a rotating wheel of BORING!!

It's been a while since the 'c' word was shouted in the weekly cover thread[s], but you know you're at the heart of it- 'Fess up!

It's true!! I'm greasing palms, making back room deals for votes!! 🍻
Post 339 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Knew it.

Post 340 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

You're payment is late, and no loonies.
Post 341 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

You're payment is late, and no loonies.

Ha! This is the long running Weekly contest we're talkin' here...gotta be twoonies atleast!
Post 342 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
My opinion on this week’s theme - there needs to be two or more bad people beating up a good guy or girl - he or she is outnumbered. The bad guys/girls should also appear to be winning, or there is no beat down.
Post 343 IP   flag post
@esaravo Exactly how I interpreted the theme as well....theres a couple of entries where it's a one on one fight.
Post 344 IP   flag post
My 2 cents worth... I do now see where it says Two or more.. so it's to late for me and others to edit our one person beat downs.. I missed the "Two or more" but my thoughts were (and others I see) was a "Beat Down" is a beat down.. So with saying all of that.. It narrows the contest down to fewer correct picks.. Speaking for myself, I will defiantly be reading with more comprehension from now on..

here was my runner-up pick that would have also been wrong.. no hard feelings My Bad..

Post 345 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Gotlift - Don’t worry about it, Tom. It’s all supposed to be for fun. Hope you are staying safe (and watch out for that next TS - Zeta).
Ed
PS - What book is your runner-up virgin cover pick from?
Post 346 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Gotlift - Don’t worry about it, Tom. It’s all supposed to be for fun. Hope you are staying safe (and watch out for that next TS - Zeta).
Ed
PS - What book is your runner-up virgin cover pick from?

Uncanny X-Men #451 If my Memory serves me right I don't think it was actually published as a virgin
I think this came from a poster version

Post 347 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
My opinion on this week’s theme - there needs to be two or more bad people beating up a good guy or girl - he or she is outnumbered. The bad guys/girls should also appear to be winning, or there is no beat down.

That was my interpretation. Either the hero/ character has been beaten already or the bad guys/gals have the upper hand 👍
Post 348 IP   flag post
I missed that part on my submission. I equated "beat down" to a fight....not necessarily that the good guy was losing. It's all there in the description I just didn't pick up on that....on my submission Shang Chi is delivering the beat down not receiving the beat down.
Post 349 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
I missed that part on my submission. I equated "beat down" to a fight....not necessarily that the good guy was losing. It's all there in the description I just didn't pick up on that....on my submission Shang Chi is delivering the beat down not receiving the beat down.

My submission (Warlock) is also the one doing the beat down. Although, considering the mountain of villains our hero is dealing with, he is looking a little BEAT (tired).
Post 350 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

My submission (Warlock) is also the one doing the beat down. Although, considering the mountain of villains our hero is dealing with, he is looking a little BEAT (tired).

LOL! 👍 It works!!
Post 351 IP   flag post
Thought about this one for a wolf cover.. but Alas it's a Giant Dog.. I really liked this cover as it pertained to the story.. Liked the comic stories but the Disney TV version kind of sucked.. I Did like the Agents of Shield version though..

Post 352 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Is Lockjaw really a dog or another Inhuman?
Post 353 IP   flag post
The short story is He’s a inhuman giant bull dog that has transporting (teleporting) capabilities. Also a protector of the clan.
Post 354 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
I don't care much for bull dogs but Lockjaw rocks! There was a limited series about 12 years ago that starred Lockjaw and some other animals... Dog Avengers, or something like that? Anyway, that was a fun read.
Post 355 IP   flag post
601524 999 30