Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Weekly Cover Contest Discussion Thread10782

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
It is a commissioned painting of the Goblin Queen by Parrillo. I thought it was Parrillo and did a quick search. Here is the ComicArtFan page. In the comments, the owner states it was a commission.
Post 326 IP   flag post
Collector Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
It is a commissioned painting of the Goblin Queen by Parrillo. I thought it was Parrillo and did a quick search. Here is the ComicArtFan page. In the comments, the owner states it was a commission.

Well that explains why I can’t find the book. I need to title my pictures better

Thanks guys.
Post 327 IP   flag post
Collector EbaySeller private msg quote post Address this user
Speaking of cool covers just came across this yesterday. Maybe it's just me but I think the coloring makes this a pretty striking cover?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Grendel-War-Child-7-CGC-Graded-9-4-Dark-Horse-January-1993-Comic-Book/124281141458?hash=item1cefbbb8d2:g:puAAAOSwP35fJMdv
Post 328 IP   flag post
Collector flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O

Haha I love this cover, definitely has my 3 votes.
Post 329 IP   flag post
Collector ShallaBal private msg quote post Address this user
@Peterc777, great cover! I love some of those Scalphunter covers esp. that Lincoln one! In fact I originally thought of posting a (different) Scalphunter cover myself, but I couldn't resist that Rex "tongue-in-cheek" cover by none other than the great Gil Kane.
Post 330 IP   flag post

Collector peterc777 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShallaBal
@Peterc777, great cover! I love some of those Scalphunter covers esp. that Lincoln one! In fact I originally thought of posting a (different) Scalphunter cover myself, but I couldn't resist that Rex "tongue-in-cheek" cover by none other than the great Gil Kane.

Thank you, and yeah, I had two other Weird Westerns with Scalphunter that I was deciding between but decided to go with that one 'cause it seemed to be the "weirdest." That Rex cover is definitely getting at least one vote from me.
Post 331 IP   flag post
Collector martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Not a cover but a splash page from SIMON and KIRBY'S "BOYS'
RANCH" #1.

mm
Post 332 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
@ShallaBal Since you specifically said no goats I refrained from posting this oneπŸ˜‰πŸ

Post 333 IP   flag post
336782 333 8