Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Weekly Cover Contest Discussion Thread10782

Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
It looks like they are making out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash

I thought the same thing.
Post 251 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Actually have this one - love the painted covers.
Is even appropriate for modern times!!

that's an interesting "weapon" shooting whatever the heck its shooting at the alien. lol!

They're detachable in the future.
Post 252 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Uh-oh. I'm afraid we may have to disqualify all of Steve B's votes. There's just too many of them.
Post 253 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson - It’s probably easier for him to just give everyone three votes so we are all tied again, since you can’t unvote.
Post 254 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo that's what I was thinking also.
Post 255 IP   flag post

I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@esaravo that's what I was thinking also.

SB issued 1, 2, and 3 checkmark votes. I was thinking have him change them all to 1, then save 2 and 3 for when it's time to vote.
Post 256 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
I never realized that Bugs was such a bad role model!!! Here he is openly breaking the law!!! LOL

Post 257 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user

It looks like you can vote when you want and as many times as you want.
Post 258 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I never realized that Bugs was such a bad role model!!! Here he is openly breaking the law!!! LOL

And verbally as well. LOL
Post 259 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:

And verbally as well. LOL

Bugs is a jerk, but he usually deals with bigger jerks than he, so it shifts the balance.
And he used to have camel toe in the old days.
Post 260 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Is that an Australian edition Bugs?
Post 261 IP   flag post
There really isn't anywhere else to ask this except by PM or a new thread, so I'll ask here, and hopefully a good discussion and maybe some answers will come from it.

Both CGC and CBCS label Amazing Spider-Man #365 as the "1st Appearance of Spider-Man 2099", yet Capes #1 & The Agents #6 are labelled "Walking Dead Preview".

Both are 5 pages, and both are clipped from the as yet released Spider-Man 2099 (1992) & Walking Dead #1 (2003).

It seems to me that either Amazing Spider-Man #365 is a Spider-Man 2099 Preview, or Capes #1 & The Agents #6 are the 1st Appearance of Rick Grimes.
Post 262 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Money.
Post 263 IP   flag post
Apparently so.

Calling Capes & Agents 1st Appearances should mean more of it, though.

And why doesn't Spider-Man 2099 #1 say, "PARTIAL REPRINT" lol
Post 264 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Run for the hills!!!! this will inevitably turn into Hulk 180 vs 181!!!! RUNNNNNN!!!!!
Post 265 IP   flag post
Collector ShallaBal private msg quote post Address this user
Regarding this week's Archie-centric contest and seeing those covers, I always wondered what Betty and especially Veronica would see in him. He's not at all drawn to be attractive, particularly in his earliest incarnations. And it's not like he had brains or brawn or money or something else to offer.
Post 266 IP   flag post
Looked for this book last week for the contest and couldn't find it. Should I use it for this week's contest, or go for something different?

Post 267 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
@esaravo Quite honestly, I love those Spire comics!!! I had every single one as a kid, including Hansi. But honestly, this week is gonna be a tough one to vote on, I don't know if that one would make my top three. But then, my choice last week got 0 votes, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. LOL!!!!
Post 268 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Ok @esaravo, THAT is an impressive Archie!!!
Post 269 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O - But zero votes. I should have gone with something a little spicier.

Post 270 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
I should have too.

Post 271 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
When I saw this week's cover contest, I couldn't help but think of my favorite coffee...

Mystic for the contest, and monk, for ... well, you know. And coffee is good for everything
Post 272 IP   flag post
Quote:
I should have too.

You should have entered that one, Jesse. I remember you saying you were looking for a copy. Is that Swedish?
Post 273 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
@Pre_Coder it's from one of the Scandinavian countries. I can't recall which one right now. I was VERY close to entering it, but there were already multiple innuendo covers at that point.
Post 274 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

@Jesse_O this cover makes me smile, first time seeing it.
Post 275 IP   flag post
Collector Imad private msg quote post Address this user

Post 276 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShallaBal

I thought I would finally have something interesting a different to contribute to the contest but I was beaten to it. Such a cool cover. Don't even know why I own the book except that the cover caught my attention.
Post 277 IP   flag post
Collector ShallaBal private msg quote post Address this user
@EbaySeller I know what you mean. I was never a huge Challengers fan but there are some comics I've picked up over the years because of the covers, as with this issue
Post 278 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShallaBal
I was never a huge Challengers fan

I tried to read the very early Challenger stories by Jack Kirby. I know we're not supposed to speak this way of The King, but the stories made me feel stupid for being a grown man reading comic books. Based on this cover I'm hoping they got more mature as the series went on.

I have a really glossy copy of this that I picked up for $4. I call it a "Stop and Stare" cover...when a book that you typically would skip right past has a cover that stops you for a minute.
Post 279 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite In the Slab Uno Game, I assume a Universal CGC 7.5 to a Universal CGC any other grade is not a valid "move" based on the "Universal CGC" alone, correct?
Post 280 IP   flag post
615418 999 30