Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Weekly Cover Contest Discussion Thread10782

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Towmater Wonder Woman #1 was posted yesterday
Post 226 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I didn't participate this week because I didn't think I had images I could use (and am too lazy to make any), but too late I realized I did since wraparounds are allowed.

This is where I'd use the emoji of bricks falling on my head, but...

Post 227 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I think it's just awesome that Nick Cardy actually painted this cover!!! I'd love to see the oa some day!!

Post 228 IP   flag post
Ok, this sounded like a great idea in one post, and I took the suggestion in the second post. Unless, someone can come up with a reason to not do this, I will take care of doing it tomorrow.

Post 229 IP   flag post
Collector ShallaBal private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Jesse ! I was just coming here to copy my post here.

You can delete my other posts about it (in this week's cover contest thread), no sense in cluttering up that thread that has all those beautiful Cardy covers! Thanks again
Post 230 IP   flag post

Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder

I'm thinking it's no coincidence the middle finger is holding that knife in a suggestive manner.

Edit: Not sure why I posted in this thread. I must have been thinking I was in the theme thread.
Post 231 IP   flag post
I created a permanent, locked and pinned thread for the contest subjects and winners. I also edited the first post in the current contest to reflect this.
Post 232 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
My submission for this week and also in for cleaning/pressing/grading with CBCS - what grade do you think??
I am hoping for 7.5 but would be happy with 8!!

Reallllllyyyy don't like black covers.....those spine ticks just POP!!

Post 233 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
Just a Little Head.. First thing that came to mind.. he he

Post 234 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
And on roller skates. Impressive.
Post 235 IP   flag post
My Floating Head runner up choices.

Post 236 IP   flag post

Post 237 IP   flag post

Post 238 IP   flag post

Post 239 IP   flag post

Post 240 IP   flag post

Post 241 IP   flag post
Oops- Sorry

Post 242 IP   flag post
From my favorite Avengers [short] run (#164-#166).

Post 243 IP   flag post
Related to the new contest, the Pentagon released videos of ufos this past week. They are real folks!!!! We are not alone in the cosmos!!!
Post 244 IP   flag post
Isn't that the football Clark kicked after that guy Brad (?) pissed him off?
Still going.
Post 245 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Day one, and I could already vote for at least a half-dozen covers this week. How are we going to choose only three?
Post 246 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Related to the new contest, the Pentagon released videos of ufos this past week. They are real folks!!!! We are not alone in the cosmos!!!

EC told us this 66 years ago.

OO

mm
Post 247 IP   flag post
Post 248 IP   flag post
While looking for a cover for this week, I saw something I'd never noticed before. Kirby and/or Sinnott gave The Thing a fifth finger.

Post 249 IP   flag post
It looks like they are making out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash

Post 250 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
It looks like they are making out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash

I thought the same thing.
Post 251 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Actually have this one - love the painted covers.
Is even appropriate for modern times!!

that's an interesting "weapon" shooting whatever the heck its shooting at the alien. lol!

They're detachable in the future.
Post 252 IP   flag post
Uh-oh. I'm afraid we may have to disqualify all of Steve B's votes. There's just too many of them.
Post 253 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson - It’s probably easier for him to just give everyone three votes so we are all tied again, since you can’t unvote.
Post 254 IP   flag post
@esaravo that's what I was thinking also.
Post 255 IP   flag post
600805 999 30