Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@rmgebhardt I got mine back 2 weeks ago. Only took a week from the date I got the email confirmation they were received
Post 151 IP   flag post
Collector rmgebhardt private msg quote post Address this user
Huh. Interesting. Wonder why mine might be taking longer. Possibly because I have a mix of various things getting graded (some modern, some pre-1975, a VSP)? Not doing any pressing so that's not it. I suppose I'll give it a day or two yet.
Post 152 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
It could be the VSP.
Post 153 IP   flag post
According to the ad, that was included in the 20% off and 4 week TAT.

Which brings up an interesting question... if CBCS doesn't hit their 4 week TAT that was a part of the promotion... what happens? Other than looking bad, it doesn't seem like there's any financial penalty or recompense to the individual if the TAT isn't met. Hmmmm.....
Post 154 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
My 2 orders arrived Dec 20th and say the same thing, "Processing". I do expect them to take longer as I have them all being pressed and Sig ver on most of them.
Post 155 IP   flag post

I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmgebhardt
According to the ad, that was included in the 20% off and 4 week TAT.

Which brings up an interesting question... if CBCS doesn't hit their 4 week TAT that was a part of the promotion... what happens? Other than looking bad, it doesn't seem like there's any financial penalty or recompense to the individual if the TAT isn't met. Hmmmm.....

The only repercussion would be you possibly not being a repeat customer. Also VSP does add at least a couple weeks to the processing time.
Post 156 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster the pressing part is depressing. Books submitted in September won't get to grading until March, hopefully. I don't think the holiday promotion counts for the pressing department, if I'm wrong someone correct me
Post 157 IP   flag post
@Batman66 6 months just for pressing... wow!
Post 158 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster when I submitted they told me so at least I knew. Wish I would have had them pressed by my regular guy, I just didn't have enough time before the con to do that. Had other books that didn't need pressing submitted with those, I got those back very fast. Happy with cbcs tat, just the pressing department great but they are overwhelmed.
Post 159 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
So I submitted 11 books consisting of 9 modern and 2 copper for the Holiday promo. They are all for raw grade only with no extra services requested. I figured this would be an easy and a quick TAT since they are only raw grade. As it stands today they are at 5 weeks and still showing as Processing / Grading. This is my very first time submitting books to CBCS and I have to say that I am a little disappointed that they couldn't make the 4 week TAT as advertised.
Post 160 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@MutantMania Last I heard there was some sort of supply issue that was delaying Raw Grade books but it’s been a few weeks now since I’d heard that.
Post 161 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@MutantMania and @dielinfinite - My November order that included 5 slabs and 10 raw grade Treasuries finally shipped yesterday. So I suspect the supply issue has been addressed.
Post 162 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@MutantMania Last I heard there was some sort of supply issue that was delaying Raw Grade books but it’s been a few weeks now since I’d heard that.

Was there a post or something on this? I mean nothing I can do about it now but I just wish I had a heads up and maybe I would have tried for regular grading instead. Just sucks it happened on my first order. I guess I will see what happens and hopefully my first submission won't be my last.
Post 163 IP   flag post
Well, this week wraps up 4 weeks for my Holiday submission and my order is still sitting in Processing/Received. This was a perfect opportunity to solidify my business away from CGC... but looking like CBCS has bad delays, just like CGC and can't hit advertised TATs. *Sigh*
Post 164 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
@rmgebhardt Please PM me and I will find out what is going on for you.
Post 165 IP   flag post
I emailed CBCS customer service and asked them what the delay was and if they could please advise on the status of my order. They responded back pretty quickly which I appreciated. I just think that the response back was not very customer friendly.

There was no thank you for your order, no we apologize for the delay, no reason as to why, just this:

"Your order is getting shipped out today!"

Now again I do appreciate quick response back and the information that my books are supposed to be shipping out today but it seemed like a cold response and made me feel like I was bothering them by asking.
Post 166 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania
I emailed CBCS customer service and asked them what the delay was and if they could please advise on the status of my order. They responded back pretty quickly which I appreciated. I just think that the response back was not very customer friendly.

There was no thank you for your order, no we apologize for the delay, no reason as to why, just this:

Now again I do appreciate quick response back and the information that my books are supposed to be shipping out today but it seemed like a cold response and made me feel like I was bothering them by asking.

You're not alone.
Post 167 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
If it wouldn't have been for @Darryl_H here on the forums, my last order still probably wouldn't be done. While I am truly grateful for people like Darryl, Tim and Jesse_O here on the forums, it's a darn shame that the CEO and forum mods have to bail out a pitiful customer service program.
Post 168 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
My 202020 promo order that was received by CBCS on January 8th was delivered by FedEx today. That's about 17 business days, pretty darn fast.

The order I dropped off at RICCON on November 3rd is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Not so fast.

Don't ask me about my September order that I sent in for pressing. On the bright side, they will probably get the new and improved slabs.

What should I send in next?
Post 169 IP   flag post
Collector Donnied private msg quote post Address this user
With @Darryl_H's help I found out my comics had already been shipped and were on their way to me for delivery today, so I took the day off so I would be home when they arrived. I could not get an approximate time of delivery, so I figured I'd stay close to the door so I could hear the doorbell. I decided to take a quick shower at 10:30(so I'd be at my best for my new slabs!), and don't you know it, the Fedex guys shows up at 10:31! He left a note, that he will try again tomorrow. Crap. I was really anxious to get my books. One more day...
Post 170 IP   flag post
@Donnied LOL, that sucks!
Post 171 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnied
so I took the day off so I would be home when they arrived. I could not get an approximate time of delivery, so I figured I'd stay close to the door so I could hear the doorbell. I decided to take a quick shower at 10:30(so I'd be at my best for my new slabs!),

LOL, Sounds like you had a nice date all planned out. Did you open a bottle of wine to let it breathe? Put a record on the HiFi?
Post 172 IP   flag post
Collector Donnied private msg quote post Address this user
I thought it was appropriate but maybe if I hadn't been cranking Celebration by Kool and the Gang, I could have heard the doorbell!
Post 173 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@Batman66 Thanks for this! I think that's what might have happened. My cc was charged a lower amount than on my dash...not exactly 20% less but close enough at 17%...I think I'm good! Thanks again!

This was an incorrect statement....I got my full 20% discount!
Post 174 IP   flag post
Quote:

Well I got my books today. The grades weren't bad but what the heck is with the two different size bags and boards??? I got one book in what looks like the normal (right) size and ten in a much larger size (3/4" wider). Anyone know if this is a mistake or is this the correct bags they are using now?? Either way I really do not like the larger bags / boards because the books slide around in them. Another bummer and another strike

Post 175 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Anyone know if this is a mistake or is this the correct bags they are using now?? Either way I really do not like the larger bags / boards because the books slide around in them. Another bummer and another strike

I got my Raw Grade books today and had the same inconsistency in bag size. It's a bit sloppy in the large Golden Age size bags and they don't fit in the same box/holder that I use for the silver age size bags. All of my books were Silver Age, so the inconsistent bag sizing decent seem to have any purpose.
Post 176 IP   flag post
601473 176 26
This topic is archived. Start new topic?