Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone check out the HOME page? It looks like there's ANOTHER 20% off sale going on. This one has a different Promo Code and ends January 5th (not 6th). Pretty confusing to have three promos in a row, with overlapping dates, and all different codes. And this one (today's) guarantees 4-week TATs (I don't think that was guaranteed on the second promo, but it was on the first one). Anyone else confused by all this? I know after the Spider-Man promo we were told that there would be more special deals, but why all at once and in what seems like such a disjointed way?
Post 101 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Anyone check out the HOME page? It looks like there's ANOTHER 20% off sale going on. This one has a different Promo Code and ends January 5th (not 6th). Pretty confusing to have three promos in a row, with overlapping dates, and all different codes. And this one (today's) guarantees 4-week TATs (I don't think that was guaranteed on the second promo, but it was on the first one). Anyone else confused by all this? I know after the Spider-Man promo we were told that there would be more special deals, but why all at once and in what seems like such a disjointed way?
Son of a biscuit. That's a lot of sales in 2 weeks. Maybe I can scrounge up a few more to along with 52 that I've already submitted. We talking postmarked or received by the 5th?
Post 102 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Sent in some books with the Holiday20 promo.....not sending in anymore no matter the discount until I can hand them in person in June....which by the way still waiting for my June 7-9th 2019 order to make it back to me. I think they need to scale up the pressing side of the business!

if they could train pigeons to fly/target bombs surely they can train up people on pressing!
Post 103 IP   flag post
Collector Raven7of9 private msg quote post Address this user
Ok please confirm the orders need to be postmarked January 6. January 5th is a Sunday
Post 104 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe if we write both "NEWYEAR20" and "202020" on our Invoices we can get 40% off!
Post 105 IP   flag post

Collector ajzoccola private msg quote post Address this user
Took advantage of the 202020 promo. Sent in three books this morning!
Post 106 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo send me the invoice numbers of the non pressing invoices and I will get you a update
Post 107 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Darryl_H Just to confirm, the 202020 promo code has to be postmarked by the 6th, correct?

And what, if anything is the difference with the NEWYEAR20 promo code?
Post 108 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl_H
@esaravo send me the invoice numbers of the non pressing invoices and I will get you a update

PM sent. Thank you for all you do.
Post 109 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

this is one of the books I'm sending in with the promo. After I bought if from gac, had it out to press it with my other copy. That's when I realized the inside and back covers are blank. Has anyone seen something like this. Looks like a printing error. I want to send it to cbcs to see what they will say about it.
Post 110 IP   flag post
@Batman66 - Could be Canadian Edition. Per MCS.com:

"Canadian edition. Blank back cover, blank interior covers. 72 page giant. First appearance of Hercules in "When Titans Clash!" Script by Stan Lee, pencils by Jack Kirby, inks by Vince Colletta. Loki appearance. This issue also includes a diagram of Asgard and Thor reprints: "Trapped by Loki, the God of Mischief" (from Journey Into Mystery 85); "The Mysterious Radio-Active Man" (JIM 93); "The Demon Duplicators" (JIM 95); and "The Mighty Thor Battles the Lava Man" (JIM 97). Kirby/Colletta cover. Cover price $0.25."
Post 111 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
well thanks, that clears it up
Post 112 IP   flag post
Do orders with the NEWYEAR20 code need to postmarked by Jan 5th to still be eligible?
Post 113 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Do orders with the NEWYEAR20 code need to postmarked by Jan 5th to still be eligible?

Since the 5th is a Sunday if it is postmarked on the 6th it will qualify for the promo
Post 114 IP   flag post
@Darryl_H Thanks again, Darryl! You're always appreciated!
Post 115 IP   flag post
Collector Raven7of9 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks
Post 116 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
@Darryl_H Thanks again, Darryl! You're always appreciated!

Stop "appreciating" @Darryl_H, he's going to get a swelled head.

(lol)
Post 117 IP   flag post
Collector Donnied private msg quote post Address this user
I've been reading posts about TAT's for pressing. I sent in 45 comics with this Holiday Sale, with 10 comics to be pressed. Does that mean I won't see any of these books for six months or so? Or will the non-pressing books be completed and then I get the chance to ship them back to me separately, hopefully within the stated 4 weeks TAT? My daughter has college tuition due coming up and I'll need to move a few of these pay it!
Post 118 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnied
I've been reading posts about TAT's for pressing. I sent in 45 comics with this Holiday Sale, with 10 comics to be pressed. Does that mean I won't see any of these books for six months or so? Or will the non-pressing books be completed and then I get the chance to ship them back to me separately, hopefully within the stated 4 weeks TAT? My daughter has college tuition due coming up and I'll need to move a few of these pay it!

Which location did you send these to?
Post 119 IP   flag post
Dallas
Post 120 IP   flag post
Okay, so I dropped my second holiday order in the mail today. This time I sent it 3 different versions of League of Extraordinary Gentlemen #1 (regular, DF, and DVD SE), plus a copy of Batman: Arkham Knight #1 Gamestop Gold cover
Post 121 IP   flag post

these are the books I'm sending out, the 181 had Len wein sign on the first page (was a witnessed signature by cbcs but had a tiny bit of color touch so had cgc remove it, now it will be a cbcs verified slab
Silver surfer 18 is signed by jack and Stan
Marvel tales annual is signed by Stan
Jim annual 1 is a Canadian edition
The all winners is just my favorite book in my collection, I just love that cover
Post 122 IP   flag post
Wow my first set of holiday books, delivered to the office last Monday, officially received into the system on Friday, is now in Grading!
Post 123 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
So today is the 6th, last day to post-mark. I shipped on Friday the 3rd. Who among us procrastinated until today and got in before the lock?
Post 124 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnied

My best guess is that you should have broken them out on two invoices for separate return shipping. Maybe you can contact CBCS and have them do that for you? That way the press books don't hold up the rest.
Post 125 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
So today is the 6th, last day to post-mark. I shipped on Friday the 3rd. Who among us procrastinated until today and got in before the lock?

Shipped my package at around 3:30 pm today.
Post 126 IP   flag post
@EbaySeller mine went out today, wasn't going to be able to take advantage of the first promo, just too busy right now. Almost wasn't going to do the extension, happy I was able to squeak them out
Post 127 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
@EbaySeller mine went out today, wasn't going to be able to take advantage of the first promo, just too busy right now. Almost wasn't going to do the extension, happy I was able to squeak them out

Me too, couldn't get organized in time for the first promo, but they got me with the second chance offer. And then I was more organized, I motivated enough to put together a second submission!
Post 128 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller

Shipped mine just after 9:00 AM.
Post 129 IP   flag post
@EbaySeller, @Darryl_H, I just got the notice my comics were in possessing, separated into two invoices, one with all the books for pressing. So it looks like they handled my mistake efficiently and correctly.
Post 130 IP   flag post
600689 176 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?