Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics now that would be awesome
Post 76 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

looks like cbcs has extended the 20% off promotion until Jan 6. Great news for us procrastinators

This is great news, just yesterday i was complaining, in my head, about not having any time during the holidays to take advantage of this special.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

looks like cbcs has extended the 20% off promotion until Jan 6. Great news for us procrastinators

I said I was going to be good. But, fudge it. I'll send 12 more down.
Post 78 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

if you didn't get the email, make sure you don't forget to write 202020 on your submission form
Post 79 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Dropped books at the post office on Monday but because of holidays it is just out for delivery today (just got notification)....better be someone there to accept the books!!!

So 3 day guaranteed with tracking just got delivered today!! Oh well....they get a pass because of crazy Xmass volumes...just glad to know my books are now with CBCS Canada...will be interesting to see how long it takes to show on my dashboard!
Post 80 IP   flag post

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Great, my USPS delivery to CBCS was supposed to be today according to my Tracking information, but I just checked and got this:

We attempted to deliver your package at 6:49 pm on December 28, 2019 in DALLAS, TX 75234 but could not access the delivery location. We will redeliver on the next business day.

Of course no one will be at a business on a Saturday at almost 7 PM! Frickin' brilliant!

So now I will be nervous as hell until this status changes.
Post 81 IP   flag post
Frazzle razzle frazz.....just noticed a new option to book an appointment for CBCS Canada for drop off or pickup.

Wish I had know of it as I could have saved some $$ in shipping - the Oakville location is only about 30 minutes from my home.

Not sure how the pick up would work - my CBCS Canada order had been in shipping for a month now, how would I know it was in Oakville and available!?
Post 82 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Great, my USPS delivery to CBCS was supposed to be today according to my Tracking information, but I just checked and got this:

We attempted to deliver your package at 6:49 pm on December 28, 2019 in DALLAS, TX 75234 but could not access the delivery location. We will redeliver on the next business day.

Of course no one will be at a business on a Saturday at almost 7 PM! Frickin' brilliant!

So now I will be nervous as hell until this status changes.

I had a friend who had a package ripped apart by wild dogs.
Post 83 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

Good thing I used packing peanuts and not bacon bits like your friend, and can rest a little easier now.

Your item was delivered to an individual at the address at 3:25 pm on December 30, 2019 in DALLAS, TX 75234.
Post 84 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Beggin' Strips. Dogs can't tell the difference between them and real bacon.
Post 85 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Good thing I used packing peanuts and not bacon bits like your friend, and can rest a little easier now.

Your item was delivered to an individual at the address at 3:25 pm on December 30, 2019 in DALLAS, TX 75234.

I received the exact same messages. Attempted delivery 12/28 and was delivered today. My 6 books are to be pressed, verified signatures, and then slabbed. Two of the books are in my avatar. I figure I’ll see them sometime in the summer.
Post 86 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Beggin' Strips. Dogs can't tell the difference between them and real bacon.

It's true, they do! yum!
Post 87 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1lufcfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos

I once sent in 1,299 books at once. That was not considered a large quantity.

Seriously 😮.....what on earth would they consider a large quantity

I don't actually know, as I've never had a quantity large enough to ask. But guess is at least 5,000 and it might be 2x that.

The Magic Woo collection was 50,000 books. I'm sure it got a discount. But it also was given it's own TAT (that is substantially slower/longer) so that it wouldn't make a thousand small submissions late. And that I suspect is the standard. If the submission is large enough CBCS cannot possibly get it graded in close to the normal TAT, it's large enough to discuss a discount. I'm also certain the tier matters. No grading company is making much $$ per book on regular moderns. So if sending CBCS 5,000 modern tier books, probably no discount. It's doubtful they make even $1 a book on regular modern to begin with. But 5,000 books at a more expensive tier? Different story.
Post 88 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1lufcfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos

I once sent in 1,299 books at once. That was not considered a large quantity.

Seriously 😮.....what on earth would they consider a large quantity

I don't actually know, as I've never had a quantity large enough to ask. But guess is at least 5,000 and it might be 2x that.

The Magic Woo collection was 50,000 books. I'm sure it got a discount. But it also was given it's own TAT (that is substantially slower/longer) so that it wouldn't make a thousand small submissions late. And that I suspect is the standard. If the submission is large enough CBCS cannot possibly get it graded in close to the normal TAT, it's large enough to discuss a discount. I'm also certain the tier matters. No grading company is making much $$ per book on regular moderns. So if sending CBCS 5,000 modern tier books, probably no discount. It's doubtful they make even $1 a book on regular modern to begin with. But 5,000 books at a more expensive tier? Different story.

Everything is negotiable, the question is whether or not you have leverage. I imagine 1 book worth over $100,000 would have negotiating leverage whereas 500 Mint condition dollar bin books would not.
Post 89 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
Still, time to send in more submissions :-)
4 Week turn around times!
Post 90 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm planning to, @Darryl_H. After the 1st. Happy New Year, btw.
Post 91 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
Be aware, the new code does not necessarily have a 4 week turnaround; the first sale code did, but the new code flyer specifically says “no turn around associated” or similar. That’s what my e-mail said, anyway.
Post 92 IP   flag post
@Darryl_H - I am thinking about it, Darryl, and I appreciate all you do on the forums. But I already have three unfinished orders at CBCS. One from the end of September where I figured I would try pressing (I shouldn’t expect that back until April or May, right), one that I submitted at RICC on November 3rd (no pressing) and has been in “Labels” for over 5 weeks (during a period when 4 to 5 week turnarounds were common), and one that was just received on Monday. It would be nice to get one back or at least find out it’s shipped before submitting another one.
Post 93 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Darryl_H - I am thinking about it, Darryl, and I appreciate all you do on the forums. But I already have three unfinished orders at CBCS. One from the end of September where I figured I would try pressing (I shouldn’t expect that back until April or May, right), one that I submitted at RICC on November 3rd (no pressing) and has been in “Labels” for over 5 weeks (during a period when 4 to 5 week turnarounds were common), and one that was just received on Monday. It would be nice to get one back or at least find out it’s shipped before submitting another one.

sorry Ed - i am in the same boat. most likely the submissions through the offers will get priority and ours will be done afterwards

this is why i have decided not to submit to cbcs again unless it is through an offer.

regular clients are not treated as valuable clients.
Post 94 IP   flag post
I haven't sent books to cbcs only submitted stuff cons. When I go to the website under submission forms, the only one that comes up is for cbcs Canada. What am I missing
Post 95 IP   flag post
@Batman66 for the US submissions you can just fill out on-line. I think then you have to print that and send with your books.
Post 96 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure if this has been answered but this is for future reference. If I want to get my comics pressed by a third party, if I place an order during the sale, does it matter when they get the comics to actually grade? Obviously it would take a while for them to actually get the comics since they have to be pressed/cleaned first. Or due I have to use cbcs to press and take advantage of the sale? Hope this question makes sense.
Post 97 IP   flag post
They have to be postage dated to CBCS by Monday Jan 6.
Post 98 IP   flag post
@KatKomics, just seen the Canadian form that can be downloaded and assumed there was one for the US. Thanks for clearing it up
Post 99 IP   flag post
I'm putting together a second shipment of 15-20 to send in before Monday.

I'm digging pretty deep, books worth maybe $50-$100 unless I get lucky with a 9.8 on one of the Moderns. But without a certified grade they are pretty much non-liquid. I think I've finally figured out the strategy for sell-prepping these "gray area" books. MCS sells slabs but they are tough on raw and don't accept CBCS Raw Grade at all. Ebay sells everything but the cost of shipping a slab can be prohibitive for a $50 book. So I'm slabbing the modern books at the reduced price to be ready for bulk shipping to MCS and "Raw Grading" the Silver Age books (at the reduced price) for potentially offering through Ebay or Forum with free shipping.
Post 100 IP   flag post
Anyone check out the HOME page? It looks like there's ANOTHER 20% off sale going on. This one has a different Promo Code and ends January 5th (not 6th). Pretty confusing to have three promos in a row, with overlapping dates, and all different codes. And this one (today's) guarantees 4-week TATs (I don't think that was guaranteed on the second promo, but it was on the first one). Anyone else confused by all this? I know after the Spider-Man promo we were told that there would be more special deals, but why all at once and in what seems like such a disjointed way?
Post 101 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Anyone check out the HOME page? It looks like there's ANOTHER 20% off sale going on. This one has a different Promo Code and ends January 5th (not 6th). Pretty confusing to have three promos in a row, with overlapping dates, and all different codes. And this one (today's) guarantees 4-week TATs (I don't think that was guaranteed on the second promo, but it was on the first one). Anyone else confused by all this? I know after the Spider-Man promo we were told that there would be more special deals, but why all at once and in what seems like such a disjointed way?
Son of a biscuit. That's a lot of sales in 2 weeks. Maybe I can scrounge up a few more to along with 52 that I've already submitted. We talking postmarked or received by the 5th?
Post 102 IP   flag post
Sent in some books with the Holiday20 promo.....not sending in anymore no matter the discount until I can hand them in person in June....which by the way still waiting for my June 7-9th 2019 order to make it back to me. I think they need to scale up the pressing side of the business!

if they could train pigeons to fly/target bombs surely they can train up people on pressing!
Post 103 IP   flag post
Collector Raven7of9 private msg quote post Address this user
Ok please confirm the orders need to be postmarked January 6. January 5th is a Sunday
Post 104 IP   flag post
Maybe if we write both "NEWYEAR20" and "202020" on our Invoices we can get 40% off!
Post 105 IP   flag post
601361 176 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?