Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
First submission to CBCS going out tomorrow....Didn't have a lot of extra cash so just trying the raw grade out on some books.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
11 books sent out today. Press and grade. Saved about $40 off of what it would cost me to have them pressed then graded by CGC.

See you in 20 weeks...
Post 52 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnied
I saw a note on the submission page,after I shipped a big box, that said contact CBCS for special pricing on large quantities of books. Does anybody know how much is a large quantity? I sent in 45 silver and bronze age comics. Is that large? Anybody here ever met that criteria?

I once sent in 1,299 books at once. That was not considered a large quantity.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos

Seriously 😮.....what on earth would they consider a large quantity
Post 54 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnied
I saw a note on the submission page,after I shipped a big box, that said contact CBCS for special pricing on large quantities of books. Does anybody know how much is a large quantity? I sent in 45 silver and bronze age comics. Is that large? Anybody here ever met that criteria?

Didn’t they tell you Corey that 1,300 or more would be a large quantity?

Just kidding, Merry Christmas!
Post 55 IP   flag post

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1lufcfan
Quote:

Seriously 😮.....what on earth would they consider a large quantity

Post 56 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Okay, I have three books going out for the promo today. I normally go for yellow labels so this promo gave me a chance to get a few books I’m not planning on getting signed. Sent in low grade copies of Avengers #4, Tales of Suspense #52 and #53
Post 57 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Books received and in processing. I opted for fast pass on pressing, so hopefully the turnaround isn't too bad. I know pressing can take some time, so it's ok.
Batman #181, 232
Avengers #6, 8 both pence
X-Men #96
Daredevil #133 $0.30 price variant
I'm really looking forward to the DD 133.
Post 58 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 59 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
One book- received and in billing...I splurged all around...fast press, and rapid(but I think it had to go that way because of estimated value)

Tales to Astonish 27....I'm thinking the ceiling is 2.5...but maybe, just maybe, with that press we'll hit that 3.0-3.5 mark
Post 60 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Enelson would love to see it when it gets back. great book man!!
Post 61 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Just mailed ten books in about an hour ago (they should arrive in Texas by Monday). Here’s my order:

Post 62 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo love those X-Men and LSH 👍
Post 63 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Yea, @no1lufcfan, @esaravo definitely has a case of Legionnaires Disease. 😆

Sorry... couldn't resist. They really are nice books, especially that Adventure #342.
Post 64 IP   flag post
@no1lufcfan and @DWeeB1967 - Thanks. I know the X-Men #11 will grab the lowest grade, which book do you think will grade the highest?
Post 65 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@no1lufcfan and @DWeeB1967 - Thanks. I know the X-Men #11 will grab the lowest grade, which book do you think will grade the highest?

I'm guessing X-men 58
Post 66 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo I'm thinking the X-Men #44.
Post 67 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

looks like cbcs has extended the 20% off promotion until Jan 6. Great news for us procrastinators
Post 68 IP   flag post
Absolutely!
Post 69 IP   flag post
I already have too much down there now. That's generous of them though.
Post 70 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
The note at the bottom says that the offer is valid on pressing and signature programs. I have a few books that I wanted pressed, so I may take advantage of this.
Post 71 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Lonestar what's also nice is they even take 20% off shipping and insurance
Post 72 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Hmmm, I might be able to squeeze in another order before the new deadline. I really wish they had extended it to the 10th so my next paycheck would cover it but I might still be able to fit it in
Post 73 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Dropped books at the post office on Monday but because of holidays it is just out for delivery today (just got notification)....better be someone there to accept the books!!!

NYX 3
New Mutants 98
Spawn (NewsStand)1
Hulk 271
Walking Dead 2
Black Panther 1
Eternals 1

New Gods 1
Batman 232
Avengers 11
Brave and Bold 54
Brave and Bold 60
Post 74 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

looks like cbcs has extended the 20% off promotion until Jan 6. Great news for us procrastinators

20% on top of the Hoilday20 yes
Post 75 IP   flag post
@KatKomics now that would be awesome
Post 76 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

This is great news, just yesterday i was complaining, in my head, about not having any time during the holidays to take advantage of this special.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Quote:

I said I was going to be good. But, fudge it. I'll send 12 more down.
Post 78 IP   flag post

if you didn't get the email, make sure you don't forget to write 202020 on your submission form
Post 79 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Dropped books at the post office on Monday but because of holidays it is just out for delivery today (just got notification)....better be someone there to accept the books!!!

So 3 day guaranteed with tracking just got delivered today!! Oh well....they get a pass because of crazy Xmass volumes...just glad to know my books are now with CBCS Canada...will be interesting to see how long it takes to show on my dashboard!
Post 80 IP   flag post
600726 176 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?