Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@Donnied Correct. I like to write the discount code in big, block letters, and they will deduct the 20% from your order.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone know how long it takes regular pressing these days? I usually do fast press, but I kind of wanted to take advantage of more books this time
Post 27 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelson
Anyone know how long it takes regular pressing these days? I usually do fast press, but I kind of wanted to take advantage of more books this time
if I were you, have it pressed before you send, just because it take a loooooooooong time to get them through pressing. If your not in a hurry to get them back, then let cbcs pressthem. The grading part, goes through fairly quick.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
Quote:
if I were you, have it pressed before you send, just because it take a loooooooooong time to get them through pressing. If your not in a hurry to get them back, then let cbcs pressthem. The grading part, goes through fairly quick.

I guess I'm not really in a hurry, I'm just impatient...and I have this I want to get taken care of...*flexes*

And I guess it has to rapid tier...so to press and submit it's like $160 for one book
Post 29 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Enelson yeah congrats on getting that book. Would definitely get it pressed
Post 30 IP   flag post

Quote:
I guess I'm not really in a hurry, I'm just impatient...and I have this I want to get taken care of...*flexes*

And I guess it has to rapid tier...so to press and submit it's like $160 for one book

I'd really hate to have that problem
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl_H
clickable text

20% Discount on ALL SUBMISSIONS!!!!

Offer valid on new submissions made between Dec. 19 and Dec. 26, 2019.
Limit one promotion or discount per order.
Offer code must be written on the submission form.

@Darryl_H so unfair for submissions on their way and which you will receive during the period 😥
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
I am up to 3 books, so good time to do this. Although they might be different tiers...so maybe not
Post 33 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I did my Lee Falk signed DC Phantom Mini-series... finally. They were sitting in my cart for awhile and the 20% on the grading AND VSP had me pull it off.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I assume "all submissions" includes Raw Grade? I might be able to put one of those together. But the rest of the stuff I need to get pressed or signed first.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:
clickable text

Offer valid on new submissions made between Dec. 19 and Dec. 26, 2019.

@Darryl_H so unfair for submissions on their way and which you will receive during the period 😥

There's never a time where it would be "fair" because people are constantly submitting to CBCS. I feel for you with the timing but it's not unfair.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia
Quote:
Quote:
clickable text

There's never a time where it would be "fair" because people are constantly submitting to CBCS. I feel for you with the timing but it's not unfair.

actually seems like CBCS does it every christmas - so i guess i will just holding off any further submissions until next time
Post 37 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Darryl_H so unfair for submissions on their way and which you will receive during the period

@Poka, if you are a regular submitter, I expect you would have some success lobbying your case privately. I suspect you are a valuable enough customer to have some negotiating leverage.

In general I would assume, like any responsible business, CBCS promotional pricing will be based on the their current backlog of work. The goal would be to spread your workload out as evenly as possible throughout the year. When demand is highest you charge full price and make your profit, when demand is lowest you discount to keep your people employed and your bills paid. There seems to be predictable seasonality to that...specifically the 2 months prior to SDCC and the holidays are likely to be when demand is lowest, and that seems to be when we see the promotions.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector willieCPA4646 private msg quote post Address this user
I just received this e-mail this morning at about 10 AM EST.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
You guys are evil...down to 20 books...should take out a few more I think before sending in.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user
Dang it! I sent my book in on the 18th!
Post 41 IP   flag post
Just dropped off 6 after work.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
You guys are evil...down to 20 books...should take out a few more I think before sending in.

Post 43 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
dropped 4 books off.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
CRAP!!! I had my 10 books all tucked in the box with bubble wrap, taped up the box and set it aside. Then I remembered I forgot to write "HOLIDAY20" on the paperwork. What a pain!!! Where's my box cutter?
Post 45 IP   flag post
Collector Donnied private msg quote post Address this user
Just packed up 45 comics to send in. My largest grading shipment ever, also my first items sent for pressing. Some of the books I removed from the mylars they have been in for 35 years. Now comes the stressful waiting to see the grades they receive.
Post 46 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnied
Now comes the stressful waiting to see the grades they receive.

Try to relax and enjoy the anticipation, it's the best part of the whole process. They say that's what gambling addicts are addicted to...the rush that comes from the anticipation.
Post 47 IP   flag post
Collector Donnied private msg quote post Address this user
I saw a note on the submission page,after I shipped a big box, that said contact CBCS for special pricing on large quantities of books. Does anybody know how much is a large quantity? I sent in 45 silver and bronze age comics. Is that large? Anybody here ever met that criteria?
Post 48 IP   flag post
Whoops!! Think I mailed blank CBCS forms to the lawyer for settling my uncles estate along with other documents!!!

Printing at home sucks - 8.5x11 instead of 8.5x14...too bad CBCS Canada doesn't have on line submission capabilities.
Post 49 IP   flag post
Bubble Wrapped, boxed and ready to post tomorrow with lots of insurance and tracking!!!
Thankfully I just received a Heritage shipment so had a nice sized box and lots of bubble wrap to re-use.

Let you know next June/August what the results are!!
Post 50 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
First submission to CBCS going out tomorrow....Didn't have a lot of extra cash so just trying the raw grade out on some books.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
11 books sent out today. Press and grade. Saved about $40 off of what it would cost me to have them pressed then graded by CGC.

See you in 20 weeks...
Post 52 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I saw a note on the submission page,after I shipped a big box, that said contact CBCS for special pricing on large quantities of books. Does anybody know how much is a large quantity? I sent in 45 silver and bronze age comics. Is that large? Anybody here ever met that criteria?

I once sent in 1,299 books at once. That was not considered a large quantity.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos

Seriously 😮.....what on earth would they consider a large quantity
Post 54 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:

Didn’t they tell you Corey that 1,300 or more would be a large quantity?

Just kidding, Merry Christmas!
Post 55 IP   flag post
600853 176 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?