Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
I just got an email from ComicConnect for a new service called Quality Evaluation Services which states:

"At QES, every comic will be carefully evaluated to find its superior features, rather than allowing the comic's shortcomings to define its condition. If a book has a flawless spine, does a crease on the back cover erase the perfect spine from existence? Of course not. Look to the QES tamper-proof label as a sign of quality and distinction. It cuts through the clutter."

Anybody know what this is about?
Post 1 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@SpiderTim Yes, it's an unnecessary, billable service.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I was just getting ready to post this topic. To me, it's just an attempt at a money grab form ignorant collectors who don't know about grader notes and love having stickers clutter up their book. HATE it! Just saying

Post 3 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Soooooo....QES is the same as CBCS check mark??? it communicates that is has qualities superior to similar copies/looks better than the grade it has?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
But wait one moment @gac & @OCJackster, Certifications need further certification and more labels and tamper resistant label to certify that the certifications are certifiable and not worthless certificates. Isn't that certainly worth it for ones certisfaction?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
to answer your question....it's a money making scheme...or scam?

but as long as the label is tamper proof...im cool.
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
But can you get a “coveted” gold sticker like at CVA?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
To me it's just another way to get our CA$H.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
I think metropolis (who owns ComicConnect) should just use the service on their own raw books.

2 books bought from metropolis just came back from grading.

1. Metropolis grading: 9.0 - CGC grading: 7.5
2. Metropolis grading: 9.2 - CGC grading: 8.0
Post 9 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
QES is the same service as CVA. They are both money grabs. The only difference is that QES is Metropolis/Comic Connect and CVA is more of a Comic Link thing.
Post 10 IP   flag post
600853 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?