Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ebay Deals, Dreck and Goofiness10764

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
How many 10.0 comics do you own? I know that I have personally submitted well over 200 comics to CBCS and have never received a 9.9, let alone a 10.0. But this seller has several books that he claims are raw Gem Mint 10.0 copies, including a nearly 50 year old magazine (see link below)!

clickable text

How can he get away with this BS?

I asked this guy to post more photos of his perfect 10.0 gem mint book....he did....not gem mint either.
Post 126 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Two 10s, no 9.9s. I'm of the persuasion that impressed books get 10s, because that's how it worked for me.
Post 127 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
How many 10.0 comics do you own? I know that I have personally submitted well over 200 comics to CBCS and have never received a 9.9, let alone a 10.0. But this seller has several books that he claims are raw Gem Mint 10.0 copies, including a nearly 50 year old magazine (see link below)!

clickable text

I asked this guy to post more photos of his perfect 10.0 gem mint book....he did....not gem mint either.

But I am sure he is still a shining star to his mother. If you don’t believe me, he can just go up the basement stairs and ask her.
Post 128 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

clickable text

But I am sure he is still a shining star to his mother. If you don’t believe me, he can just go up the basement stairs and ask her.

lol!!!!! 🤣🍻
Post 129 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I was reading the fine print from a seller while I was browsing eBay today and ran across this. Seems kind of redundant to me.

Post 130 IP   flag post

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
I was reading the fine print from a seller while I was browsing eBay today and ran across this. Seems kind of redundant to me.

Redundant if they are a US seller. Self-defeating if they are a Canadian seller.
Post 131 IP   flag post
So I decided to try an test on Ebay last night and it worked. I had two copies of a book listed, an 8.0 and a 7.0. I decided to "promote" the 7.0 with hopes that it would also bring free eyeballs to the more desirable but more expensive 8.0. (in my descriptions I strongly encourage buyers to see all my listings). Sure enough I woke of this morning and the 8.0 had sold, not the promoted 7.0. Within 12 hours of promoting the 7.0.
Post 132 IP   flag post
Serious request; I would love to get another opinion on this CGC book. I was thinking of participating in this auction, but I really question the grade of 9.6. I don't have a critical eye, but even to my eye it looks worse than any 9.6 I have.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1975-MARVEL-GIANT-SIZE-SPIDER-MAN-4-3RD-APPEARANCE-PUNISHER-CGC-9-6-WHITE-BOX4/174253217145?hash=item28924d1579:g:Zk4AAOSwoLFei7Gu
Post 133 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
To me, 9.6 looks to be generous. Possible color rub on top left front corner and title bar. Looks like maybe some tearing on bottom left corner. But, No newton rings!
Post 134 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
That's a high volume seller. I'm sure CGC gives him some generous grades due to the amount of business given to them.
Post 135 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Okay every few weeks I get one of these promos from eBay for a $5 off coupon. But every single freaking time I try to use the coupon, the coupon code gets rejected. (Looks like that's the wrong code. Please double-check and try again). Anybody else get these and is actually able to use them?

Go forth and get shopping

eBay
View In Browser
Fashion Home & Garden Electronics Motors Daily Deals

$5 Off *
Coupon code: YUS1NU3JXSQ8GVQM
Find what you're looking for
on eBay. Use the code above to
get $5 off your next purchase.
• Minimum spend: $5.01
• Valid until: May 01, 2020
Go to eBay Go to eBay

How to Redeem

Step One
Find an item
from a seller
that accepts
PayPal.
Step Two
Enter the
code during
checkout and
click ‘Apply.’

Step Three
Simply pay
for your item
on eBay
using PayPal.
Step Four
You will see the
discount on your PayPal account statement.
Post 136 IP   flag post
This was kind of a cute interaction. It was an extreme lowball offer for a $295 asking price, but I thought the approach was decent enough:

Good morning. I am hoping you may entertain a offer on this comic.I noticed there are 2 Captain America # 110 Signed
w/WP. As I am sure you are aware of. I like both books and have a little history with Mr Steranko from 25+ yrs. ago.
Would I be a player at 180.00?
Thank you for your time.

Best regards

My Response:
Thank you for reaching out. Player is not the first word that comes to mind at that price, but that's not meant to be an insult. I took the listing down, I wasn't anxious to sell it and your message reminded me that my stimulus money has changed my cash position to where I can keep it. I hope you find one. Everyone who has ever met Mr. Steranko feels that they've shared a history with him, that's his personal Super-Power. Even if that history is just 3 hours waiting in a slow moving line for a 10 minute conversation and an autograph.
Post 137 IP   flag post
Collector Voodoo_Jim private msg quote post Address this user
clickable text

Only $99! Better jump on this USED comic!
Post 138 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo_Jim
clickable text

I like that they ship worldwide, yet exclude the entire world from shipping. Maybe it's a rare used comic in India.
Post 139 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo_Jim
clickable text

I like that they ship worldwide, yet exclude the entire world from shipping. Maybe it's a rare used comic in India.

Check out the sellers other items. Apparently we can move to India and live like kings just from having a garage sale.
Post 140 IP   flag post
Collector gotham44 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Okay every few weeks I get one of these promos from eBay for a $5 off coupon. But every single freaking time I try to use the coupon, the coupon code gets rejected. (Looks like that's the wrong code. Please double-check and try again). Anybody else get these and is actually able to use them?

Go forth and get shopping

eBay
View In Browser
Fashion Home & Garden Electronics Motors Daily Deals

$5 Off *
Coupon code: YUS1NU3JXSQ8GVQM
Find what you're looking for
on eBay. Use the code above to
get $5 off your next purchase.
• Minimum spend: $5.01
• Valid until: May 01, 2020
Go to eBay Go to eBay

How to Redeem

Step One
Find an item
from a seller
that accepts
PayPal.
Step Two
Enter the
code during
checkout and
click ‘Apply.’

Step Three
Simply pay
for your item
on eBay
using PayPal.
Step Four
You will see the
discount on your PayPal account statement.
I get the exact thing and it never takes as well. Whats the deal with it? I can never use them
Post 141 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Okay, not eBay, but still online sales ... I just posted a new book at MCS a couple days ago. I think I priced it yesterday? Anyway, it's a Hulk #340 9.2, sold for $140.

There is another 9.2 for sale for $118. And a 9.4 for $159. But the buyer skipped both of those to buy mine. Can you see why? Because I have no idea.

Also, I purposefully don't know if I posted mine first or second below. I'd be curious which one y'all like better. Is there something I'm missing? Some weird thing about some copies of this comic?

Post 142 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Okay, not eBay, but still online sales ... I just posted a new book at MCS a couple days ago. I think I priced it yesterday? Anyway, it's a Hulk #340 9.2, sold for $140.

There is another 9.2 for sale for $118. And a 9.4 for $159. But the buyer skipped both of those to buy mine. Can you see why? Because I have no idea.

Also, I purposefully don't know if I posted mine first or second below. I'd be curious which one y'all like better. Is there something I'm missing? Some weird thing about some copies of this comic?

Yes, I can take a guess. Look at the back cover of that 9.2 (it has a color breaking crease on the top left corner) and doesn't look like a 9.2. The 9.4 doesn't look like a 9.4 to me due to the amount of color breaking spine creases on the back cover and the cover isn't aligned as nicely. The back of the 9.4 has a portion that should be on the front of the comic. Your copy is definitely the nicer of the 3 (unless the back is a mess as well).

Post 143 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Okay, I see what you mean. Have a look at the 9.6 at auction, too ... it has two very clear c.b. spine ticks on the back, near the top. Looks a lot worse than these others.

Here is the back of mine. I don't know what's going on around that staple, but maybe they saw it and thought: if the staple is that bad, that could be the only reason this isn't a higher grade, and that sounds good to me:

Post 144 IP   flag post
Would you do this?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&LH_Auction=1&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=90803-6089&_sop=12&_dmd=1&LH_Complete=1&_fosrp=1&_nkw=cgc&_pgn=3&_skc=200&rt=nc

9 copies of Spawn #1 9.8 all in auction ending at the same time from the same seller? I can't imagine how that would get you the best selling prices. Strange, the highest ending price was almost 25% higher than the lowest ending price ($93-$115)
Post 145 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@Tedsaid another reason could be that your slab is the newest. The 9.4 is 4 years old
Post 146 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
@Tedsaid another reason could be that your slab is the newest. The 9.4 is 4 years old

I should stop trying to figure out the strange-seeming things that buyers do and just roll with it. Anyway, it's a good point about the slab. Most people, from what I've heard, have the impression that the older slab is more likely during a "tight" grading period. And so those slabs are usually thought to be good candidates for CPR. But it does look a bit dated as compared to the newer ones.

And that 9.4 comic has a visible c.b. tick on the spine. The other 9.2 does as well, though not as visible. I guess the buyer was just looking (very carefully) at the comics and not so much at the grade? Nothing wrong with that. And everyone has their quirks in terms of what defects they care about the most.
Post 147 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Kinda off topic but doesnt deserve own thread.

I sold a book on Ebay and the book was attempted to be delivered but buyer wasnt home. They did not have a safe place to leave it so they took back the book to USPS. They left a note asking them to pickup or re-deliver.

The buyer has not contacted USPS. I have been following tracking and mailed them 2x asking if there is something I can do to help. No response. Just silence.

Aside from calling them, does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with this? This was a over 500$ book.
Post 148 IP   flag post
@Tedsaid both 9.2 copies seem to have slightly nicer front covers, to me at least. Some people also take it a challenge to win every auction in they are in no matter what. Maybe you had a bidder who doesn't like to lose.
Post 149 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Kinda off topic but doesnt deserve own thread.

I sold a book on Ebay and the book was attempted to be delivered but buyer wasnt home. They did not have a safe place to leave it so they took back the book to USPS. They left a note asking them to pickup or re-deliver.

The buyer has not contacted USPS. I have been following tracking and mailed them 2x asking if there is something I can do to help. No response. Just silence.

Aside from calling them, does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with this? This was a over 500$ book.
Have you reached out to the buyer requesting him to go pick it up at his post office?
Post 150 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianGreensnips

I emailed them twice through Ebay mail, repeating USPS request with screenshots of the USPS asking for directions on how to proceed. I also asked them if I could help in any way.
Post 151 IP   flag post
Update. The person finally emailed back. They weren't aware of delivery attempt. Apparently they missed my first email as well. They are going to post office today and hopefully that ends this transaction.
Post 152 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
@Tedsaid both 9.2 copies seem to have slightly nicer front covers, to me at least. Some people also take it a challenge to win every auction in they are in no matter what. Maybe you had a bidder who doesn't like to lose.

Thanks, @Studley_Dudley. Definitely a good point. FYI, this was an exchange purchase ($139.99), not an auction bid. I rounded up, but that made it look like an auction price.
Post 153 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Update. The person finally emailed back. They weren't aware of delivery attempt. Apparently they missed my first email as well. They are going to post office today and hopefully that ends this transaction.

Man, sometimes mailing stuff can be stressful, not knowing what is going on, not being able to take any action. I'm glad this one worked out (it seems)!

I sold a Lego set on eBay weeks ago. Well, four sets to four different people. One got stuck in New Jersey for WEEKS. It arrived at the "regional facility" in Newark on April 17th, then was marked "in transit to next facility" since then. I even had USPS put a trace on it at one point. After a week, the guy actually called me to tell me he had to close the ticket. He said it's there in the facility, but they are just so backed up, there are piles and piles of boxes, waiting to move out. A combination of more people mailing stuff and fewer workers, plus all the extra precautions they have to take.

Anyway, it finally got checked in at the next facility (in Kearny, NJ) yesterday, and it's "out for delivery" today. Here's hoping the box has survived largely intact.
Post 154 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone ever deal with planetcomicsgvsc on eBay? They say they are a physical store in Greenville, SC. They have a picture of a book that they had 3 in stock of, one sold. They describe it as near mint and I'd have to agree with that from the one photo of the cover they show. My concern is the fact that there are multiples of the book. If you have dealt with them, how were they to deal with? Accurate grading? Good packaging? Etc....
Post 155 IP   flag post
601342 999 30