CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.

Ebay Deals, Dreck and Goofiness10764

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
This seller is definitely being added to my blocked seller/buyer list after listing this as a potential 9.8 after pressing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133884630632?hash=item1f2c255668:g:n~MAAOSwOKZhSrVS

@flanders - In fairness to the seller, if sent to a company other that CBCS, it does have the potential to receive a 9.8 grade. 😁😉
Post 976 • IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
lol, @Scifinator I think it's a crime that you haven't got a moniker yet.
Post 977 • IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
lol, @Scifinator I think it's a crime that you haven't got a moniker yet.

@EbayMafia I transcend monikers, for I am Scifinator!
Post 978 • IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Also not mentioning Pence copy is obnoxious.
Bullshit.

@flanders Now to be fair, the seller isn't guaranteeing that it would be a 9.8 with a press, just that it could be a 9.8 with a press
Post 979 • IP   flag post
Collector Donnied private msg quote post Address this user
https://www.ebay.com/itm/393636985278?hash=item5ba697b9be:g:Xa4AAOSwav1hbjLY

I'm not sure even CGC would give this one an 8.5!

Post 980 • IP   flag post


Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnied
https://www.ebay.com/itm/393636985278?hash=item5ba697b9be:g:Xa4AAOSwav1hbjLY

I'm not sure even CGC would give this one an 8.5!



@Donnied he may be new new favorite Ebay seller. Nonsense on every listing:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/arwri_39/m.html?item=393636985278&hash=item5ba697b9be%3Ag%3AXa4AAOSwav1hbjLY&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562
Post 981 • IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Did you guys know that a 9.8 copy of Uncanny X-Men #243 is now an $1100 book?
Post 982 • IP   flag post
Collector Donnied private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia - You think the rusty staples will prevent that Batman 375 from getting the 9.8? Or the yellowing of Spec Spid 101 exclude the 9.2?
Post 983 • IP   flag post
past performance is no guarantee of future actions. KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Did you guys know that a 9.8 copy of Uncanny X-Men #243 is now an $1100 book?


Why?? oh why?? is crazy no?
Post 984 • IP   flag post
Collector Huntergreene2 private msg quote post Address this user
[quote]
@Donnied he may be new new favorite Ebay seller. Nonsense on every listing:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/arwri_39/m.html?item=393636985278&hash=item5ba697b9be%3Ag%3AXa4AAOSwav1hbjLY&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Just WoW! He hits all my pet peeves about putting CGC in an ungraded books description.
Post 985 • IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user


https://www.ebay.com/itm/124999018349?hash=item1d1a85a76d:g:1~8AAOSwTmBhjana


Post 986 • IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito


https://www.ebay.com/itm/124999018349?hash=item1d1a85a76d:g:1~8AAOSwTmBhjana





Post 987 • IP   flag post
I've spent years perfecting my brand of assholery. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
That's just silly.
Post 988 • IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
That's just silly.


It's not even the first image of Wolverine. That was in Hulk 180, so the ads were the 2nd image.
Post 989 • IP   flag post
Collector Huntergreene2 private msg quote post Address this user
Good grief, that's like buying George Clooney's nail clippings.
Post 990 • IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
That's just silly.


It's not even the first image of Wolverine. That was in Hulk 180, so the ads were the 2nd image.


I have a hard time believing that's a real sale....one can get some very cool, complete book for $2,400.
Post 991 • IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
The best part is that the page is from Marvel Premier #19 so the title was misleading as well.

Hopefully the buyer was not legit as they just got the worst deal of the year.

Edit: on a side note the seller has 50+ items signed by Stan...all look like drek. Ufff
Post 992 • IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, but MCU in listing header!
Post 993 • IP   flag post
I've spent years perfecting my brand of assholery. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
That's just silly.


It's not even the first image of Wolverine. That was in Hulk 180, so the ads were the 2nd image.


I have a hard time believing that's a real sale....one can get some very cool, complete book for $2,400.

But it's scribbled by Stan.
Post 994 • IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
That's just silly.


It's not even the first image of Wolverine. That was in Hulk 180, so the ads were the 2nd image.


I have a hard time believing that's a real sale....one can get some very cool, complete book for $2,400.

But it's scribbled by Stan.


True! A bargain at twice the price then!
Post 995 • IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
There is a high volume seller that has a lot of nice books - all priced 50-100% above market. What is the strategy? Or is it just inventory financed really cheap and all leverage on the business entity?
Post 996 • IP   flag post
Collector Silversorrow private msg quote post Address this user
clickable text

Check out the 2nd picture in this auction.....it is highly informative......
Post 997 • IP   flag post
If the viagra is working you should be well over a 9.8. xkonk private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversorrow
clickable text

Check out the 2nd picture in this auction.....it is highly informative......


Backing board has some corner wear and discoloration.... I grade it at a 6.5.
Post 998 • IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
There is a high volume seller that has a lot of nice books - all priced 50-100% above market. What is the strategy?


He's figured out that really high prices is the only way to keep a large volume of nice inventory on Ebay. He probably figures that the market will catch up to his prices eventually.
Post 999 • IP   flag post
657131 999 24