Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ebay Deals, Dreck and Goofiness10764

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkonk
More of a complaint about eBay itself, but recently I got a couple of emails saying that eBay decided to turn on offers for a few of my listings where I was not allowing offers.

I noticed Ebay has gotten a lot more aggressive in the last year or two. Send me emails encouraging me to offer discounts to people watching my items. Also send me relist notifications just because I had clicked on an item. "Everyone deserves a second chance" it says. Yeah, that's real clever considering I wasn't even interested enough to add it to my watch list.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector ONLINE_209 private msg quote post Address this user
@EbaySeller I've been getting a lot of that lately the ones that make me laugh are the messages that say they're offering you a discount because you showed interest in the item I go to look and it says sorry you missed out
Post 77 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Good old Kelly. I’m surprised anyone buys from them anymore
Post 78 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONLINE_209
@EbaySeller I've been getting a lot of that lately the ones that make me laugh are the messages that say they're offering you a discount because you showed interest in the item I go to look and it says sorry you missed out

Heh, maybe a week or so I got one that made me laugh. You know when they say something like, "People who bought what you just bought have also bought one of these?" Well, "one of these" was that ridiculous comic with a terrible Spider-Man drawing by Stan Lee. (Stan the Man is notorious for not having a lick of drawing skill.) They have it priced at something like $1,000,000.

Sure, eBay ... people buy that comic all the time. That's totally believable.
Post 79 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I have been getting one or two of those a week. The last one I received was from a guy I just purchased a comic from, and it hadn’t arrived yet. So I figured I would wait to the last minute, hoping the book would get here so I could see how it was packaged and what condition it was really in. It didn’t arrive in time, so with a little over an hour left in the offer period, I said why not take a shot and buy it anyway. Don’t you know he had ended the offer period early and re-listed the item. Then I get another ebay notice, this item re-listed. If he had kept to the original offer period, he would have had the sale and wouldn’t have had to re-list it!
Post 80 IP   flag post

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Quote:

I have been getting one or two of those a week. The last one I received was from a guy I just purchased a comic from, and it hadn’t arrived yet. So I figured I would wait to the last minute, hoping the book would get here so I could see how it was packaged and what condition it was really in. It didn’t arrive in time, so with a little over an hour left in the offer period, I said why not take a shot and buy it anyway. Don’t you know he had ended the offer period early and re-listed the item. Then I get another ebay notice, this item re-listed. If he had kept to the original offer period, he would have had the sale and wouldn’t have had to re-list it!

@esaravo - just spitballin' here, maybe it was just an automated relisting that was already set to end, and within that ending period the seller sent an offer, but the listing automatically ended on time before the end of the offer, and since you didn't accept the offer in time, you missed out on the offer, but luckily you probably received the automated "everyone deserves a second chance" notification that automatically goes out after the automatic re-listing....I just gave myself a headache, so I am going to systematically take some excederine with some coffee from my automatic coffee maker.
Post 81 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I bought an item from ebay and the person sent me region specific chickfila cards. No idea where midwest city is.

If someone can use these cards, please feel free to contact me.

Obviously, they are free and free shipping is included.

=)
Post 82 IP   flag post
Collector TranthamJ private msg quote post Address this user
Pretty sure this isn’t the 1 in 200 retailer incentive...

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F164009217031

Post 83 IP   flag post
I was going to buy this book over the weekend, but I just don't see it as a 9.4. Any opinions? Still considering it but with shipping and sales tax it's $240.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Giant-Size-Spider-Man-4-CGC-9-4-White-Marvel-1975-Early-Punisher-appearance/401609107604
Post 84 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
not sure if this one has been shared before.

Also check some of the seller's other listings

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-1-CGC-SS-9-8-STAN-LEE-SIGNED-SKETCH-DATE-QUOTE-COMMENT-1-1/264465660406?hash=item3d9361b9f6:g:WIUAAOSwRrlb7Lzm
Post 85 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-1-CGC-SS-9-8-STAN-LEE-SIGNED-SKETCH-DATE-QUOTE-COMMENT-1-1/264465660406?hash=item3d9361b9f6:g:WIUAAOSwRrlb7Lzm

Nope, haven't seen that before. This seller takes the Signature-for-profit business to an egregious and somewhat disturbing level. After seeing his listings I tend to think that the whole Stan Lee-signature-for-profit business is a bubble that will soon burst.
Post 86 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka

Damn, if i could only remember where i put my checkbook or my paypal password....
Post 87 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Didnt want to start new thread.

This user bid and won ebay auction and never paid despite multiple attempts at communications.

https://ebay.com/usr/ricanna-99

I left feedback, but for some reason it defaulted to a positive feedback despite the negative comments.
Post 88 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Didnt want to start new thread.

This user bid and won ebay auction and never paid despite multiple attempts at communications.

https://ebay.com/usr/ricanna-99

I left feedback, but for some reason it defaulted to a positive feedback despite the negative comments.

Unfortunately you can't leave negative feedback for buyers on eBay anymore. It's kind of ridiculous if you ask me
Post 89 IP   flag post
@MutantMania

Agreed. However, if anyone takes the time to read feedback, it should give them pause.

I did report to ebay and they stated that it is now noted on his/her record.
Post 90 IP   flag post
Collector Yoosh5492 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte
That sucks. Sorry to hear that.

This guy did the same to me clickable text. Turns out he was selling the same book. I found him on IG, called him out and a few days later he took down his page.

We should create a list of all these slimeballs.
Post 91 IP   flag post
I had no idea the first appearance of Ultron had fallen so hard. After seller fees this is maybe $10 over the cost of slabbing?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AVENGERS-55-Marvel-1968-CGC-5-5-Crimson-Cowl-Revealed-Ultron-5-1st-Appearance/383424277452?hash=item5945de2bcc:g:UcIAAOSwc6JeSWxa
Post 92 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
I had no idea the first appearance of Ultron had fallen so hard. After seller fees this is maybe $10 over the cost of slabbing?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AVENGERS-55-Marvel-1968-CGC-5-5-Crimson-Cowl-Revealed-Ultron-5-1st-Appearance/383424277452?hash=item5945de2bcc:g:UcIAAOSwc6JeSWxa

That is very surpring to me as well. Wow.
Post 93 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
After watching the hobby a few years, I try to sell villain keys before they crash. So I have pretty much sold all my Thanos. Debating selling my Black Widow and Hawkeye 1sts. Heroes do tend to have staying power, but Hawkeye is as lame as Bouncing Boy to me.
Post 94 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
After watching the hobby a few years, I try to sell villain keys before they crash. So I have pretty much sold all my Thanos. Debating selling my Black Widow and Hawkeye 1sts. Heroes do tend to have staying power, but Hawkeye is as lame as Bouncing Boy to me.

Them's fighting words; Bouncing Boy rules (and chicks dig him - his wife can become two women, think about that for a second)! Here's the issue that he first appeared in. He's an excellent engineer, architect, pilot, and teacher - and he bounces really good too.

Post 95 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Them's fighting words; Bouncing Boy rules (and chicks dig him - his wife can become two women, think about that for a second)! Here's the issue that he first appeared in. He's an excellent engineer, architect, pilot, and teacher - and he bounces really good too.

That's right! And didn't she used to be able to split into triplets before that, but one was killed?
Post 96 IP   flag post
@Tedsaid - Yes, she was Triplicate Girl before one of her selves was killed in the issue below. He married Duo Damsel, which is still a pretty nice deal if you ask me.

Post 97 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Tedsaid - Yes, she was Triplicate Girl before one of her selves was killed in the issue below. He married Duo Damsel, which is still a pretty nice deal if you ask me.

I just imagine coming home from work to two wives who both want to tell me all the details of the really great sandwich they made for lunch.
Post 98 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

I just imagine coming home from work to two wives who both want to tell me all the details of the really great sandwich they made for lunch.

LOL!!!!!!
Post 99 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:

LOL!!!!!!

Wasn't Triplicate Girl teamed up with Carbon Paper Boy?
Post 100 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Here is what I see every couple of days, sitting in my yard now so took a picture. an air show over my property. There is a touch and go field a bit away from me. They call it Bouncing. I call them boys. I can see their faces rarely , but they look like kids to me. Carrier landing practice.
Post 101 IP   flag post
Quote:
Here is what I see every couple of days, sitting in my yard now so took a picture. an air show over my property. There is a touch and go field a bit away from me. They call it Bouncing. I call them boys. I can see their faces rarely , but they look like kids to me. Carrier landing practice.

Next time have Kenny Loggins Danger Zone teed up on your cell phone and play it while you watch them. I promise the intro to that song makes the whole thing so much cooler.
Post 102 IP   flag post
Collector Nelsconey private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@MutantMania

Agreed. However, if anyone takes the time to read feedback, it should give them pause.

I did report to ebay and they stated that it is now noted on his/her record.

Just leave something negative such as

"BUYER NEVER PAID SELLERS BEWARE"
Post 103 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Equipped with more security labels than you could imagine.

clickable text

clickable text

I also like how their certification numbers indicate they plan on certifying over a gazillion comics.
Post 104 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
I agree, pretty sweet.

(lol)
Post 105 IP   flag post
600783 999 30