Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ebay Deals, Dreck and Goofiness10764

Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
That's ridiculous! Look at his other auctions...Spider-Man #1 has a Stan Lee FACSIMILE SIGNATURE!?
Post 926 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Here’s a page from Hulk #181 that’s been stapled inside a reproduction cover

A White page. According to the Professional Grading Xperts.
Post 927 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 928 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?item=304084467121&_ssn=captcancomics&_sop=16

This seller's slab photos are irritating. Over 13,000 listings and they can't buy a full size scanner!! I feel like messaging him but I'll wait until @brysb has a few too many drinks and maybe he'll let him have it .
Post 929 IP   flag post
Collector Donnied private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders - And the prices are so reasonable! Only 400-500% of FMV on average?
Post 930 IP   flag post

Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
These are absolutely horrendous; if this your thing that’s cool to each his own, but wow🤢

clickable text

Post 931 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I thought you were talking about the labels at first, which look awful. Then I noticed all the crap scribbled all over the covers. It's possible that the seller will lose a decent amount of money on those.
Post 932 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Hideous. Ugly ass label + cover defacement + CGC slab = aesthetic diarrhea.
Post 933 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
I don't mind the custom label, but those sketches are horribly placed and just in bad taste in general. The only one even maybe acceptable would be the 344 just because it isn't covering up anything major.
Post 934 IP   flag post
Collector Donnied private msg quote post Address this user
I got a question about one of my listings from an ebay buyer that forced me to hold my tongue. My listing is a silver age comic graded at 8.5 with white pages, and the question was could I include pictures of some of the middle pages to confirm how white the pages are. Was this person completely new to the concept of slabbing? Maybe not knowing its sealed and asking me to open for pictures? Or just a total smart ass making a comment against graded comics? Whatever, I answered as nicely as I could, but declined to provide more pics.
Post 935 IP   flag post
@Donnied I would add them to my blocked buyer's list.
Post 936 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
These are absolutely horrendous; if this your thing that’s cool to each his own, but wow🤢

clickable text

I think I have that same tile on my bathroom floor.
Post 937 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnied
I got a question about one of my listings from an ebay buyer that forced me to hold my tongue. My listing is a silver age comic graded at 8.5 with white pages, and the question was could I include pictures of some of the middle pages to confirm how white the pages are. Was this person completely new to the concept of slabbing? Maybe not knowing its sealed and asking me to open for pictures? Or just a total smart ass making a comment against graded comics? Whatever, I answered as nicely as I could, but declined to provide more pics.

"I'm sorry, but the final word from me is, 'no.'"
Post 938 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:

clickable text

This pic is at an appropriate angle for doing business; multi tasking; I like it. Maybe what’s happening behind the scenes inspired the grouping as there is a striking similarity 🤔
Post 939 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

clickable text

This pic is at an appropriate angle for doing business; multi tasking; I like it. Maybe what’s happening behind the scenes inspired the grouping as there is a striking similarity 🤔

Photography while on the john is not recommended. 💩
Post 940 IP   flag post
More CGC shenanigans:

clickable text
Post 941 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
More CGC shenanigans:

clickable text

That's a pretty big one to go into a Universal Label. But it looks like the buyers were not fooled. It sold for under $15K, which is $10K less than a 5.0 X-men 1 sold for in July. Seller certainly did his best to avoid mentioning the restoration though.
Post 942 IP   flag post
Collector Huntergreene2 private msg quote post Address this user
OK, this guy's photo screams at me to not buy anything. The comic is sitting on a yellow envelope which in and of itself can work if done right. But, if you look at his feedback, he seems to just fire books and cards into an envelope and let her fly!

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/154610379568?hash=item23ff7f2b30:g:b8AAAOSw4~VhB4DI
Post 943 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone know who jbasick is? I bought this as a preorder. It has recently come out (either last week or the week before). I've tried contacting him with no luck. The time limit has expired for eBay to do anything. My concern is that the first print, which this was supposed to be, was limited to 2,500. I ordered it from him because I forgot to order it through MCS. Looks like I may be screwed over on this one.

Post 944 IP   flag post
How did you pay?
Post 945 IP   flag post
Quote:
How did you pay?

PayPal.
Post 946 IP   flag post
I just opened a complaint through PayPal. Maybe that will get a response.
Post 947 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

clickable text

@DrWatson - hmmph. cgc slabs as bathroom floor tile? That would be fitting. Lol
Post 948 IP   flag post
Collector Huntergreene2 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Quote:
Quote:

clickable text

@DrWatson - hmmph. cgc slabs as bathroom floor tile? That would be fitting. Lol

ME: Hey! There's crap on the bathroom floor!

Roommate: Those are CGC Slabs!

ME: That's what I said, there's crap on the floor!
Post 949 IP   flag post
Is it just me or is Ebay updating their user agreement like once a month now? Seems like every 30 days I get an email about an updated user agreement.
Post 950 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Jim Streak??

Post 951 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Jim Streak??

With browning
Post 952 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I guess I just don't understand things anymore - $475 with a popped staple!!!???

my POS must be a fortune!!
I had it at 8.5 but the press must have done wonders!

Post 953 IP   flag post
I need some advice on a first time situation I've run into on Ebay. A buyer paid for two buy it now items on September 7th and messaged me to hold them since he's considering other comics I have for sale so that shipping can be combined. We reached an agreement for 4 additional books for $190 and no additional shipping charge, but he has yet to order and pay for the comics, which are still listed for sale on Ebay. He also has been messaging me about 3 other books I have for sale and keeps lowballing me on the offer, even though I've already given him the minimum price I'm willing to sell all 3 for, both individually and as a lot.

The buyer hasn't responded to any of my other messages over the last week, asking if he intends to pay for the additional books he wanted or if I should continue to hold the items. My main concern is that he'll cancel the order and Ebay won't refund me the final value fee since the money from the 7th of September has already been transferred to my bank account. My other concern is that the buyer, will want to return the items, since he doesn't seem committed to the purchase. How long does it take to consider buying something? Especially since I've already given my lowest offer which is below fmv and won't cost him anything additional since I'll eat the extra shipping and insurance costs?

Should I just cancel the order at this point and block the buyer to avoid a potential headache?
Post 954 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders

This may or may not be relevant. Ebay sides with the buyer if they are going to lose money. Even if they acknowledge you are right. They say it is the cost of doing business. This has happened to me and a friend.

Since they made me pay return shipping on top of the refund, I ended up losing a lot more than originally because the buyer threatened to reverse credit card charges and ebay wants to make money.

I'd say if the guy is unresponsive, refund and blacklist. You don't need the extra headache.
Post 955 IP   flag post
601245 999 30