CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ebay Deals, Dreck and Goofiness10764

Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Just a tip. If you submit a book through MCS they will do the remolded submission to CGC for you and you only have to pay $15 (no shipping). Of course you will have to sell the book through MCs afterwards

I sent a slab to MCS that was cracked. They sent it in for re-slab, never even mentioned it to me. I'm not sure if they charged an extra $15 when the book sold, but I never saw any indication of a charge for it.

They include the $15 as a separate line in the weekly consignment payment invoice. Typically a few weeks after they get it back from grading.
Post 551 IP   flag post
Collector steveinthecity private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnied
@Bronte - that looks like a pre-planned scam to get you to pay to get that comic reholdered, and most likely he will get away with it, or you'll have a damaged slab back, and out some money for return shipping, and negative feedback to top it off!

That's exactly what it smells like to me also. But I'm thinking that a buyer like this would have a history of doing this. Is his feedback visible? Even if the feedback is positive it might show a history of sellers mentioning some small hurdle that had to be dealt with in the transaction. Or I'm wondering if members of the CGC forum might have some history of dealing with partial refund requests with this seller. I'm not on the CGC forum but it might be worth asking over there if anyone has history with this buyer and see if a pattern emerges.
Fwiw, his user ID doesn’t show up in the list of PITA buyers on the other forum. He’s got 2000+ feedback, been on eBay since 2001, and buys & sells raw and graded comics and sports cards.
Hope this all works out for you @Bronte.
Post 552 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

lol that was hit on the edge with a hammer. See the curves of the fractured plastic case in a half moon shape.

Think it's a case of quicker you give back $45 the quicker it can be sent to CGC for a crack and press and hopefully a grade bump. If you want to get a grade bump then flip time is the essence.
Not a wait for insurance claim and do it.
And you can't press and grade a book again if you have sent the book back with a refund.
Just my thoughts. I could be wrong of course 😜

The book was double boxed in a priority mail box in addition of the brown box you see in the picture. There was a huge 2 to 3 inch gap from the book to the top of the priority box. I honestly don't see how it's possible to have that kind of damage without it being inflicted after the fact. The book is old enough to never have been pressed.

@poka

Thank you for the advice. I'm seriously thinking MCS is the way to go for all future sales.

@EbaySeller

I'm thinking you are prolly right. He will probably keep it. Hence the I don't know how to print a label excuse. It's easier to just keep and reslab if I were him. Although I'm pissed and a part of me doesn't want to give him the book anymore.

@steveinthecity

He has over 2k feedback. You'd think he would be less of a prick when dealing with a seller.
Post 553 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
There is no question that the damage to the box and the damage to the slab do not add up. In order for the slab to be damaged that way it sustained a severe blow and yet the box shows no evidence of an impact that hard? Something is wrong here.
Post 554 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Turns out there is a way to blacklist buyers...

https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/BuyerBlock?
Post 555 IP   flag post

Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
I still don't understand why sellers don't advertise here before selling in another venue.
There are collectors such as myself that don't do eBay and only buy at auction houses online dealers and lcs.

Last year I bought only from 4 sellers.
The two lcs in my city and off two forum members here on the boards.

To each their own I suppose.
Post 556 IP   flag post
@southerncross

Cant speak for anyone else but in my opinion users on this forum are more value conscious and price aware. I wouldn't want to insult anyone's intelligence by posting some of my books here.
Post 557 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@southerncross

Cant speak for anyone else but in my opinion users on this forum are more value conscious and price aware. I wouldn't want to insult anyone's intelligence by posting some of my books here.
Soooooo.... not like the book that got listed earlier for 900 more than the last sold?
Post 558 IP   flag post
Nothing that drastic. But I would feel awful trying to take advantage of a forum member. On ebay, I have less of a vested interest in the potential buyers but I typically price similar to competitors so I can sleep at night if someone buys....
Post 559 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte I understand
Post 560 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I think when sellers list here it's a first step. And in that first step we're not always ready to accept the reality of what we are actually going to be able to sell the book for. Sometimes it needs to marinate a bit with no nibbles before we're ready to drop to the final selling price.
Post 561 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
@EbaySeller Very true and I will add the first step should be a right step. What do I mean? Don’t ask eBay prices on the boards. Be fair you aren’t paying a 10% fee so at minimum your price should reflect that.
Post 562 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmonster
@EbaySeller Very true and I will add the first step should be a right step. What do I mean? Don’t ask eBay prices on the boards. Be fair you aren’t paying a 10% fee so at minimum your price should reflect that.

@Murmonster Definitely true. You get that and you and I did a decent size deal for an X-men 10 and I believe an X-men 50. @Poka gets that and it allowed us to make a pretty sizeable deal here on the forum that I would not have bought through Ebay. Check out his sales thread if you haven't already. For those of us who sell through MCS it's harder though because the books have already left our possession by time we are convinced to reduce the price enough to sell them.
Post 563 IP   flag post
@EbaySeller Seeing the likes my comment received I'm glad there are others who agree. I wasn't trying to sound like a jerk I just think the boards not just CBCS but CGC as well are where folks should be able to get fair prices. If you're trying to "cash out" on a book take it to Ebay where higher prices are realized.
Post 564 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:
@southerncross

Soooooo.... not like the book that got listed earlier for 900 more than the last sold?

You went there and I'm glad you did. When I see posts like that I'm thinking "Come on man really??"
Post 565 IP   flag post
https://youtu.be/dik_wnOE4dk

The castle. Scenes run thru my head when I see some dealers at conventions. 👍
Post 566 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@southerncross

You went there and I'm glad you did. When I see posts like that I'm thinking "Come on man really??"
I probably shouldnt have. In hind sight anyone can ask whatever that want and we just choose not to buy. It just reminded me of one of my earliest posts when I was bluntly told the value of a book I asked about.
Post 567 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad I hear ya and I agree 100% your book your price that's how it works. I'm not trying to be "that guy" who says what you should ask for your book but as a potential buyer it's hard to even start negotiating when the gap is so large. I'm interested in your comment "It just reminded me of one of my earliest posts when I was bluntly told the value of a book I asked about" care to share?
Post 568 IP   flag post
Quote:
@HeinzDad I hear ya and I agree 100% your book your price that's how it works. I'm not trying to be "that guy" who says what you should ask for your book but as a potential buyer it's hard to even start negotiating when the gap is so large. I'm interested in your comment "It just reminded me of one of my earliest posts when I was bluntly told the value of a book I asked about" care to share?
Haha, sure. I was very new to slabbing, value scale of said grades, and the forum.

I was lucky to land an Immortal Hulk #2, 1:25. I got it slabbed and it came back as a 9.4. At the time a 9.8 was off the chain at like 900 or something. I wasn't aware of go collect or any other pricing sites. I asked what I should try to get out of it, as my figure was like 775 (lol) or something. As you can imagine that was a veritable laugh for everyone. Fact of the matter is I just wasn't aware the price jump to a 9.8 at that time, especially with a modern. We all laughed, (me not so much) and I ended up learning something.
Post 569 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad That is funny (sorry) that some modern 9.8s can command a few hundred $$ while a 9.4 will barely cover the slabbing cost.
Post 570 IP   flag post
Quote:
In hind sight anyone can ask whatever that want and we just choose not to buy.

Sellers are free to ask whatever they want on the forum...but if the price is silly, all it's gonna get them is a reputation.
Post 571 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Sellers are free to ask whatever they want on the forum...but if the price is silly, all it's gonna get them is a reputation.

That sounds like the voice of experience!

Joking @EbaySeller, still love-ya!
Post 572 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:
Quote:

@sportshort It's funny you say that, because that is kind of why I don't offer much here on the forum. Before I ship them off to MCS I'm typically not ready to immediately drop to the price that they will probably sell at eventually, especially if I have to pack and ship individually. I want to take a shot at getting a higher price first.
Post 573 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:
Quote:

@sportshort It's funny you say that, because that is kind of why I don't offer much here on the forum. Before I ship them off to MCS I'm typically not ready to immediately drop to the price that they will probably sell at eventually, especially if I have to pack and ship individually. I want to take a shot at getting a higher price first.

I can dig it.
Post 574 IP   flag post
Just got book back. As expected, the internal usps box had ZERO DAMAGE. The external box had ZERO DAMAGE on inside. The Dent in the picture he sent did not even pierce inside.
Post 575 IP   flag post
So I called ebay. Told them what happened. Told them to read my emails. After reading my emails the guy stated that the guy was in the wrong and stayed on the phone with me until I filled out all the forms and reported him to ebay for 3 breeches in ebay policy.

He asked how much I wanted to be refunded. I said shipping both ways. He said that's a given. He then stated that he was going to do 50% of the value. So in theory, I can now resubmit the book myself without cost.

I cant believe this ebay customer service guy. He said he couldn't believe the gall on the ebay user and said typically he would have let me fill out form in 5 days and be done with me, but he wanted to be sure I got back my money after reading emails.
Post 576 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte that is a great outcome!!! so rare to have an ebay win!!!
Post 577 IP   flag post
@KatKomics

Yeah. Apparently @EbaySeller is correct in that the email proof is instrumental in proving case.

So now I get to resubmit to AND get it pressed on buyer's dime.
Post 578 IP   flag post
Quote:
Just got book back. As expected, the internal usps box had ZERO DAMAGE. The external box had ZERO DAMAGE on inside. The Dent in the picture he sent did not even pierce inside.

@Bronte As another said, that was a hammer blow. Boy, between this guy and whatever the hell happened here yesterday, I'm getting more and more wary of Ebay buyers. Did you post his Ebay username here?
Post 579 IP   flag post
@EbaySeller

Yes. Accidentally when I copied and pasted my emails with him. However, I guess it doesn't hurt to make it public now.

edmei1966
Post 580 IP   flag post
600902 999 30