Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ebay Deals, Dreck and Goofiness10764

Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I'd tell him to return it, then I would submit for the reholder. You know, give that little bit extra of customer service.
Post 526 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley

I just send him email. Return book and I'll refund money after I get book back.

Edit.

His response.

I still would like the book. I can get it reholder
It's no big deal to me
Post 527 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I told him I want to make things right. Please return for full refund. I don't want a negative feedback.

His response...

I will not give you negative feedback
Again I prefer to keep the comic and get it fix
just need the $45 refund to fix it

I told him to please just return the book.
Post 528 IP   flag post
I'm getting negative feedback for issuing refund. Plus I'm paying return postage.
Post 529 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
I'm getting negative feedback for issuing refund. Plus I'm paying return postage.

@Bronte You're doing the right thing telling him to either send the book back or keep it as is. If he is threatening negative feedback to force you into giving him money, that is basically what extortion is. I would first take it up with Ebay as such. Tell them the buyer is using feedback to try to extort a resolution that you do not offer. Hopefully they will take care of the feedback and maybe even warn the buyer.
Post 530 IP   flag post

To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte why not just have him keep the book, give him the $45 refund, and file the insurance claim to get your money back?
Post 531 IP   flag post
Now he can't find return label.

I bought the return label and called ebay. They confirmed he got it. Its in hos email box. I don't know what this guy's issue is.

Personally if someone gave me back money and paid return shipping, I'd be satisfied with service.

If he gives me a negative, ill try and dispute it.
Post 532 IP   flag post
Collector harmonicaman private msg quote post Address this user
What the heck is this seller thinking?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/archies-joke-book-DC-comics/193860560402?hash=item2d22fd6612%3Ag%3ALBQAAOSwKDlf-MEw&LH_BIN=1
Post 533 IP   flag post
Quote:
Now he can't find return label.

@Bronte I assume you are thinking this also, but it just feels an awful lot like a pre-planned shakedown. It's not a ton of money but it seems like the buyer knew what he wanted from the very beginning.
Post 534 IP   flag post
Yes it does.

Here is his threat.

still no return label provided ?

Your previous message

Return please

edmei1966:

I understand that
Again I can keep it and fix it myself
I went though all this trouble to find the comic and buy it
If you don't want my suggestion, then I will leave my dissatisfaction
with my feedback then and go through the hassle to return
it with the post office
it's your call

Your previous message

Edward.

I am trying to make things right. Please return book for a full refund.

Mark

edmei1966:

I will not give you negative feedback
Again I prefer to keep the comic and get it fix
just need the $45 refund to fix it
Post 535 IP   flag post
@MutantMania

He says that it's my problem and that he didn't want to submit claim to ebay.

He just wants 45$ to resubmit to CGC.
Post 536 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonicaman
https://www.ebay.com/itm/archies-joke-book-DC-comics/193860560402?hash=item2d22fd6612%3Ag%3ALBQAAOSwKDlf-MEw&LH_BIN=1

love it "The book is in great shape all the coners are good an no pages torn out almost like new been very well kept"
Post 537 IP   flag post
Collector harmonicaman private msg quote post Address this user
Plus it's only $2200 if you "buy it now'
Post 538 IP   flag post
Collector Nelsconey private msg quote post Address this user
That guy cant be real.

$500 for Chipper Jones card
$48 for a Lincoln Steel Penny
Post 539 IP   flag post
Quote:
@MutantMania

@Bronte I love it when they put their extortion attempts in writing. That's always a good piece of evidence to have...and maybe to point out that you have.
Maybe something like: You have the right to return the book or keep it. You do not have the right to demand a resolution of your own making. By threatening negative feedback if I don't meet your demands you are attempting to extort a resolution from me that I am not offering. Thank you for putting that in writing.
Post 540 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonicaman

love it "The book is in great shape all the coners are good an no pages torn out almost like new been very well kept"

Deals, Dreck and Goofiness...I file that one under Goofiness. I have no idea what the seller is hoping to accomplish but I can appreciate that he's trying to do it with only half a picture.
Post 541 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@MutantMania

I know you weren't at fault for the damage but I believe the seller should take care of the claims.
I have been fortunate enough to have only been through it a couple times. Each time I just got pics of the damage from the buyers, filed the claim, and refunded the money to the buyer.
It's a lot easier than having to go through all of the return hassles.
Post 542 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

lol that was hit on the edge with a hammer. See the curves of the fractured plastic case in a half moon shape.

Think it's a case of quicker you give back $45 the quicker it can be sent to CGC for a crack and press and hopefully a grade bump. If you want to get a grade bump then flip time is the essence.
Not a wait for insurance claim and do it.
And you can't press and grade a book again if you have sent the book back with a refund.
Just my thoughts. I could be wrong of course 😜
Post 543 IP   flag post
@MutantMania

Honestly it would be cheaper and easier to give him the money. If he didn't have such an adversarial attitude from the offset, I would have offered it to him. I repeatedly asked him for patience while I navigate how to put in a claim. He was adamant about getting his money. He said it was my problem. In my opinion, he could have given me time to see what my options were. But thats not how it went.

At that point I agreed with suggestion that I should just return him money. What more can a seller do?

You may disagree with me, but in the end I paid shipping both ways and have to deal with the damaged book. And I still will get negative feedback if ebay doesn't agree with me.
Post 544 IP   flag post
Quote:
You may disagree with me, but in the end I paid shipping both ways and have to deal with the damaged book. And I still will get negative feedback if ebay doesn't agree with me.

@Bronte You are assuming he will ship it back. I don't think that he will. I'm guessing that when posed with an either/or scenario he will chose to keep it once he realizes that his gambit is not going to work on you. Could be wrong though.
Post 545 IP   flag post
Collector Donnied private msg quote post Address this user
Every time I think about going back to selling on Ebay I go to this forum to be reminded of the horrible amount of fraud on that site. And the rulings by Ebay that always support the buyer, no matter the logic. I'm pretty sure I don't want to give my comics away free to some smart guy scam artist. @Bronte - that looks like a pre-planned scam to get you to pay to get that comic reholdered, and most likely he will get away with it, or you'll have a damaged slab back, and out some money for return shipping, and negative feedback to top it off!
What a bunch of BS!
Post 546 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnied
Every time I think about going back to selling on Ebay I go to this forum to be reminded of the horrible amount of fraud on that site. And the rulings by Ebay that always support the buyer, no matter the logic. I'm pretty sure I don't want to give my comics away free to some smart guy scam artist. @Bronte - that looks like a pre-planned scam to get you to pay to get that comic reholdered, and most likely he will get away with it, or you'll have a damaged slab back, and out some money for return shipping, and negative feedback to top it off!
What a bunch of BS!

Yeah...stuff like this is scary as all get out! I don't sell much but I did send 12 books to MCS (mycomicshop) and it sounds like this type of shifty stuff, if it does happen there, will at least not be my problem.

Wish you luck @Bronte -this is just bad, bad, bad.
Post 547 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Bronte - that looks like a pre-planned scam to get you to pay to get that comic reholdered, and most likely he will get away with it, or you'll have a damaged slab back, and out some money for return shipping, and negative feedback to top it off!

That's exactly what it smells like to me also. But I'm thinking that a buyer like this would have a history of doing this. Is his feedback visible? Even if the feedback is positive it might show a history of sellers mentioning some small hurdle that had to be dealt with in the transaction. Or I'm wondering if members of the CGC forum might have some history of dealing with partial refund requests with this seller. I'm not on the CGC forum but it might be worth asking over there if anyone has history with this buyer and see if a pattern emerges.
Post 548 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte I would tell him to either keep as is or return for a full refund. Most likely he is going to press and has is looking for a partial refund to get a discount. He is going to keep it.if he leaves negative you have the threat in message. That should be sufficient to get a neg removed.

Just a tip. If you submit a book through MCS they will do the reholder submission to CGC for you and you only have to pay $15 (no shipping). Of course you will have to sell the book through MCs afterwards
Post 549 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Just a tip. If you submit a book through MCS they will do the remolded submission to CGC for you and you only have to pay $15 (no shipping). Of course you will have to sell the book through MCs afterwards

I sent a slab to MCS that was cracked. They sent it in for re-slab, never even mentioned it to me. I'm not sure if they charged an extra $15 when the book sold, but I never saw any indication of a charge for it.
Post 550 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Just a tip. If you submit a book through MCS they will do the remolded submission to CGC for you and you only have to pay $15 (no shipping). Of course you will have to sell the book through MCs afterwards

I sent a slab to MCS that was cracked. They sent it in for re-slab, never even mentioned it to me. I'm not sure if they charged an extra $15 when the book sold, but I never saw any indication of a charge for it.

They include the $15 as a separate line in the weekly consignment payment invoice. Typically a few weeks after they get it back from grading.
Post 551 IP   flag post
Collector steveinthecity private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:
@Bronte - that looks like a pre-planned scam to get you to pay to get that comic reholdered, and most likely he will get away with it, or you'll have a damaged slab back, and out some money for return shipping, and negative feedback to top it off!

That's exactly what it smells like to me also. But I'm thinking that a buyer like this would have a history of doing this. Is his feedback visible? Even if the feedback is positive it might show a history of sellers mentioning some small hurdle that had to be dealt with in the transaction. Or I'm wondering if members of the CGC forum might have some history of dealing with partial refund requests with this seller. I'm not on the CGC forum but it might be worth asking over there if anyone has history with this buyer and see if a pattern emerges.
Fwiw, his user ID doesn’t show up in the list of PITA buyers on the other forum. He’s got 2000+ feedback, been on eBay since 2001, and buys & sells raw and graded comics and sports cards.
Hope this all works out for you @Bronte.
Post 552 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

lol that was hit on the edge with a hammer. See the curves of the fractured plastic case in a half moon shape.

Think it's a case of quicker you give back $45 the quicker it can be sent to CGC for a crack and press and hopefully a grade bump. If you want to get a grade bump then flip time is the essence.
Not a wait for insurance claim and do it.
And you can't press and grade a book again if you have sent the book back with a refund.
Just my thoughts. I could be wrong of course 😜

The book was double boxed in a priority mail box in addition of the brown box you see in the picture. There was a huge 2 to 3 inch gap from the book to the top of the priority box. I honestly don't see how it's possible to have that kind of damage without it being inflicted after the fact. The book is old enough to never have been pressed.

@poka

Thank you for the advice. I'm seriously thinking MCS is the way to go for all future sales.

@EbaySeller

I'm thinking you are prolly right. He will probably keep it. Hence the I don't know how to print a label excuse. It's easier to just keep and reslab if I were him. Although I'm pissed and a part of me doesn't want to give him the book anymore.

@steveinthecity

He has over 2k feedback. You'd think he would be less of a prick when dealing with a seller.
Post 553 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
There is no question that the damage to the box and the damage to the slab do not add up. In order for the slab to be damaged that way it sustained a severe blow and yet the box shows no evidence of an impact that hard? Something is wrong here.
Post 554 IP   flag post
Turns out there is a way to blacklist buyers...

https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/BuyerBlock?
Post 555 IP   flag post
601333 999 30