Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ebay Deals, Dreck and Goofiness10764

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
The occult and supernatural things fascinate me. Although I am easily spooked, so I don't invite questionable things to my life if I can help it.

You will need to keep us updated as to how your future unfolds with Mala. BTW, did you look up Mala yo see if it means anything significant?
Post 401 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte yes, I did that about two days after the first time I saw her because she kept popping into my head. It is a female's name and is Indian (as in the country of India) in origin. The meaning is not very exciting, it means necklace or garland.
Post 402 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O - Don’t forget the root word, mal, means evil or bad.
Post 403 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo

Had to go there didn't you? Lol
Post 404 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo

Thanks for that tidbit Ed!!! Here I was thinking it was a completely innocuous name. Silly me!!! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@esaravo

That was actually my first thought. LOL
Post 405 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:

Thanks for that tidbit Ed!!! Here I was thinking it was a completely innocuous name. Silly me!!! LOL

Quote:
@esaravo

Me too, hence the question on the name. However, I didn't feel right bringing it up outright.
Post 406 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Supposedly, Mala is a peaceful spirit who likes a quiet spot that she can watch from.

Reminds me of my Google Home. Just don't put her in your bathroom LOL!
Post 407 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
So this was used to protect the book. I guess sturdy cardboard sheets or Gemini mailers aren't available in Canada.

Post 408 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley Did it at least come with free cookies?
Post 409 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders alas, it did not. It might have made up for it. Book turned out fine but it's just silliness to be cheap.
Post 410 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley better check the interior for crumbs before you seal it up.
Post 411 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I was really hoping it was a ketchup flavor potato chip bag.
Post 412 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
canadians in for recycling
Post 413 IP   flag post
FYI.

purchased a book preorder from vip-comicshop off ebay.com in June. After trading multiple emails about how unreasonable I am to expect the book by now, I have decided to open a claim before my 180 days to open claim via PayPal expires.

My suggestion is to read the negative reviews and take them to heart. My only regret is not putting in a negative review before my time expired.
Post 414 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
@esaravo

Me too, hence the question on the name. However, I didn't feel right bringing it up outright.

No worries, @Jesse_O ... the two words are just homonyms. They sound the same, but have different meanings, different origins. "Mal" as the Latin root means "bad," but an Indian girl's name wouldn't have a Latin root.

So it's just an example of convergent sound development. There's only so many ways to pronounce stuff, after all!
Post 415 IP   flag post
So the ebay seller is now emailing me how wrong I am in so many ways. 2 emails since I initiated dispute. I just want him to refund my money and cut ties. Any suggestions as to how to deal with this?

So far I have been ignoring his emails.

You would think a company has better things to do than harass an ex customer.
Post 416 IP   flag post
@Bronte just ignore him and let paypal settle the dispute. paypal will require him to provide a tracking number

if the email has harassing nature or contain inappropriate language you can report him to ebay
Post 417 IP   flag post
@poka

It hasn't reached that point yet. And it is coming from his Gmail account. The transaction is so old that eBay won't allow contact via the link from original auction anymore.

Thank you for your sage advice.
Post 418 IP   flag post
@Bronte How about responding something like "You haven't shipped anything yet so it's not like I'm trying to cheat you. Just issue a full refund and let's go our separate ways in peace."?
Post 419 IP   flag post
@EbaySeller

I was thinking about that, but I really don't want to trigger the guy anymore. He isn't even making sense in his accusations.

My hopes are that paypal takes care of it and I don't ever have to deal with him again.

I just want a refund and to cut ties. Apparently we will never see eye to eye.
Post 420 IP   flag post
Well if you do send a response just make sure you word it in a way that shows that you are the reasonable and fair party in the dispute. You never know when communication will become documentation.
Post 421 IP   flag post
I think I will just continue ignoring him. He can spew whatever he chooses. I know its hard to argue when one side doesn't respond.

I just hope paypal finishes this quickly so I can blacklist his email address.
Post 422 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
"What's your rock bottom price?" or "times are tough, no ones gonna pay what your asking. I'll pay 1/3 of price right now" I've gotten a few of those kinds of offers recently. ugh...oh well, just venting.
Post 423 IP   flag post
I like this sellers price range. Hi listing is $75,000, low listing is $25. When you have 10 listings over $20,000 and 16 listings over $10,000, I'm wondering how one finds the motivation to list, pack and ship a $25 comic?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?item=324340179574&hash=item4b842e6276%3Ag%3A040AAOSwV0VflaHm&_ssn=filter81&_sop=16
Post 424 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
I like this sellers price range. Hi listing is $75,000, low listing is $25. When you have 10 listings over $20,000 and 16 listings over $10,000, I'm wondering how one finds the motivation to list, pack and ship a $25 comic?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?item=324340179574&hash=item4b842e6276%3Ag%3A040AAOSwV0VflaHm&_ssn=filter81&_sop=16

Because if you go to his sold items - most are $25 items. The high $ items are just to attract visitors such as yourself to his listings
Post 425 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Because if you go to his sold items - most are $25 items. The high $ items are just to attract visitors such as yourself to his listings

Aha! And I was so easily manipulated into participating as an uncompensated PR agent!
Post 426 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka

Aha! And I was so easily manipulated into participating as an uncompensated PR agent!

lol. I do it myself. I have from $1 to $6k
Post 427 IP   flag post
Here's about 100 nice raw DC books being auctioned by Terry's Comics. Terry is a local dealer I've bought from for years, he also runs the Calcomicon each January here in Southern California. I was at his warehouse yesterday picking up the Captain Marvel Adventures books I showed in another thread. Auction includes Showcase #22 and GL #1 at low starting prices.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEFSXS%3AMESOI&LH_Auction=1&_ssn=terryscomics&_sop=16
My experience is that his grading is reasonable and any restoration is disclosed. I did accidentally buy a color-touched book from him once, but the information was there on the label if I had read it properly. He accepts returns within 30 days.
Post 428 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@EbaySeller I was caught off guard by this since it's usually dreck & goofiness posts. I forgot this thread is also for deals.
Post 429 IP   flag post
Collector Buckets private msg quote post Address this user
@EbaySeller, I have a question about these auctions. I looked at the past feedback and all the buyers feedback have private listings. Can you tell me what that means exactly?

I always check past feedback and what was sold to try and gauge the seller, but all of his listings are private.
Post 430 IP   flag post
600776 999 30