Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ebay Deals, Dreck and Goofiness10764

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Hoping maybe we can use this thread to organize the interesting or eyebrow raising things that we come across on Ebay. Great deals, Scams, questionably high or low final sales prices. Here's a first appearance of the Incredible Hulk for the low price of $89 (OBO). Longest link ever, by the way.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Comics-Captain-America-110-1st-Appearance-of-the-Incredible-Hulk-6-5/283695470037?_trkparms=ispr%3D1&hash=item420d9155d5:g:CH4AAOSwD6Vd4~Lo&enc=AQAEAAACUBPxNw%2BVj6nta7CKEs3N0qWdJLWu4Ng7HH9JLzLTVZW6Fy2dPwOTK59Vq1dPSF3W6h3vcXgWPH2LR7vCtPNoROrcrqnH%2FErnUxGCqcGoUHsOMdwtbaPIh%2B1Tduv3mnr40PlcGl3IRwIhDHEeMdkgTakB69vbEbpQqXv3U4UFDHimbMPqnzQbJwr25UcYMVq5SEfjwG1lawETm0MMged5XuMX%2BCca%2FFFhSlhk6cYRvEUNT21JX3VLUXlIk5ue63LDSehQNoXMq%2FS8%2BCMF4xddF%2FtS7iVYEnfnv656xi3XD0HzxYben5XCITl4sTSBbE3Iy8bQ%2BoS7do%2FGmO0vONejR5s93nYbhUvVxVXRIgR5tfq%2B8Q25lcD99CMGLS5dAa3j0exaZP1jwzTAQDxf7FzKM%2FvAIK%2B2BQp7dm0syNYBbeLwsS83QyEQ40btM1jslutGXpVNC3jDDZWELguGqmif2spnGAJBieIICdQWdLWdHSKwuDddiiZCODhArnPM%2Ft4%2F8qhFlV7k3t%2B3ZrrWQZjzVsJxsP8dGJnN78xwd4xqhBvYTcuLfJ17NNPRJHoJkKue14nZYZT1%2Fp3tLm7PApm%2F0rAhOp303Gn0k7HlUNUbUaClAYrLxAgd%2By02oWiAkgUM6wgIs4FLxHP5fWkQfc0DSY07q4c9k7944DYjPAQdHE%2Fo1YD%2BycXEMdpBJTKXDrgteBm2lVdi1puy6QbDNkBupLIbq73dHX%2ByRAeWYR7K4QDGfkKw6a2zSIn6imkTOC0WysWbA2F8ljyWcMTxX%2BHTobI%3D&checksum=283695470037359a443fa7e849b7b75b4005b5762f46&enc=AQAEAAACUBPxNw%2BVj6nta7CKEs3N0qWdJLWu4Ng7HH9JLzLTVZW6Fy2dPwOTK59Vq1dPSF3W6h3vcXgWPH2LR7vCtPNoROrcrqnH%2FErnUxGCqcGoUHsOMdwtbaPIh%2B1Tduv3mnr40PlcGl3IRwIhDHEeMdkgTakB69vbEbpQqXv3U4UFDHimbMPqnzQbJwr25UcYMVq5SEfjwG1lawETm0MMged5XuMX%2BCca%2FFFhSlhk6cYRvEUNT21JX3VLUXlIk5ue63LDSehQNoXMq%2FS8%2BCMF4xddF%2FtS7iVYEnfnv656xi3XD0HzxYben5XCITl4sTSBbE3Iy8bQ%2BoS7do%2FGmO0vONejR5s93nYbhUvVxVXRIgR5tfq%2B8Q25lcD99CMGLS5dAa3j0exaZP1jwzTAQDxf7FzKM%2FvAIK%2B2BQp7dm0syNYBbeLwsS83QyEQ40btM1jslutGXpVNC3jDDZWELguGqmif2spnGAJBieIICdQWdLWdHSKwuDddiiZCODhArnPM%2Ft4%2F8qhFlV7k3t%2B3ZrrWQZjzVsJxsP8dGJnN78xwd4xqhBvYTcuLfJ17NNPRJHoJkKue14nZYZT1%2Fp3tLm7PApm%2F0rAhOp303Gn0k7HlUNUbUaClAYrLxAgd%2By02oWiAkgUM6wgIs4FLxHP5fWkQfc0DSY07q4c9k7944DYjPAQdHE%2Fo1YD%2BycXEMdpBJTKXDrgteBm2lVdi1puy6QbDNkBupLIbq73dHX%2ByRAeWYR7K4QDGfkKw6a2zSIn6imkTOC0WysWbA2F8ljyWcMTxX%2BHTobI%3D&checksum=283695470037359a443fa7e849b7b75b4005b5762f46
Post 1 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
That's one generously graded comic.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector ONLINE_209 private msg quote post Address this user
That's not the first appearance of the Incredible Hulk anyways
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user

I believe Catman is into movies? 🍺
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
I believe Catman is into movies?

lol, Not sure if he's into real estate investing though. At $1,000,000 I assume the movie collection comes with the building that houses it.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@doog I had over 2k of DVDs and I sold them for $450 to a second hand store about 5 years ago before I moved to the States.
I thought I got lucky.
In the day and age of live streaming I never ever want to buy a physical movie or TV show again. Streaming rules and God knows what the technology for entertainment is going to be available in the future.

But hey 22k of DVDs could one actually watch it all before one dies of old age ?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Looks like some potential deals here on a decent selection of low to mid grade X-men and others ending in auction Wednesday afternoon. Most grades are a little below my interest level though. Also the $8 shipping cost is prohibitive for buying just one book.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?item=274137181378&_ssn=reel_big_chris&_sop=1
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Stantheman private msg quote post Address this user
@EbaySeller Great thread idea!
Post 8 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
I dig this thread too.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stantheman
@EbaySeller Great thread idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
I dig this thread too.

Well if people make a point to share what interesting things they come across on Ebay we can save it from going to the dreaded "Show More Threads" file.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:

lol, Not sure if he's into real estate investing though. At $1,000,000 I assume the movie collection comes with the building that houses it.

$45 per movie....what a great deal!
Post 11 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:
Quote:

$45 per movie....what a great deal!

Free shipping too!!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Here's a raw swamp thing 37 at MCS for $95. Pretty good deal if it grades out 8.0 or better. Oddly, their highest grade stock item has the lowest price. I actually put this book in my cart for a few hours the other night before backing out:

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?q=swamp+thing+37&pubid=&PubRng=
Post 13 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONLINE_209
That's not the first appearance of the Incredible Hulk anyways

I'm sure they meant 1st appearance in the title, but forgot to type it.

Post 14 IP   flag post
Here is an Ebay selling tip that I haven't used in a while but it served me well in the past when I was listing a higher volume of books:

When you sell an item the Paypal confirmation email is not monitored by Ebay. You can reply directly to it and it will send an email to the buyer that they may or may not read. I typically would send a reply that said
"Thank you for your purchase, I plan to pack and ship tomorrow. In the meantime please take a look at my other listings. If you are interested in any more books I can offer you a 15% discount with no additional shipping cost and no sales tax. Please reply here or by text if you see anything you would like to conside. I will send a Paypal invoice to make it official". Several times I was able to add additional books with no additional Ebay fees and no additional packaging work.
I always included my phone number to make the buyer more comfortable that I wouldn't defraud them.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
@EbaySeller clever lad 👍
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user

Seems like if you knew it was a 9.8 you would send it in yourself. Fine looking book though and I know some hate the idea of encapsulation
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Seems like if you knew it was a 9.8 you would send it in yourself. Fine looking book though and I know some hate the idea of encapsulation

Yeah, how many of us have sent an early silver age book in with the expectations of a 9.8? This dealer has an awful lot of "high-grade" raw listings with a single photo. Sometimes angled, sometimes straight, but just a single photo. We need an emoji of tingling spidey-senses.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Ok, I've been window shopping today and I noticed this Hansi comic. The picture is of little to no use. There is no description to speak of. It is a new seller with a 0 rating, plus it is up in Alaska. I thought about asking for better pictures until I realized the new seller and Alaska part. I have a hard time beleiving it would arrive well packaged and looking what it looks like now.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Ok, I've been window shopping today and I noticed this Hansi comic.

Lol. "Hansi, the girl who loved the Swastika". Oh my.
Post 20 IP   flag post
If the MCS Grading theory holds up, this FF Annual 6 (MCS 5.5) is a really good buy at $189:

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ivitems=9283721#50180474

Grades of 6.0 to 6.5 would take this to $300 plus or Minus.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Any concerns about this nice looking Captain America 109? The back looks just a little different than the others. Maybe it's a variant.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CAPTAIN-AMERICA-109-KEY-Origin-Retold-1969-MARVEL-SILVER-AGE-COMIC-VF/223723711760?hash=item3416f8ed10:g:kE0AAOSwyuVdtfpH

Best I can tell, nowhere in the listing does it describe this as anything other than the original 1969 book.
Post 22 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
If the MCS Grading theory holds up, this FF Annual 6 (MCS 5.5) is a really good buy at $189:

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ivitems=9283721#50180474

Grades of 6.0 to 6.5 would take this to $300 plus or Minus.

I think they undergrade the consignments only so they don't have to worry about returns after they've already issued payment less their commission. This is one of the comics mcs owns.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector Perpendiculous private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

It’s Dupcak. Avoid like the plague.
Post 24 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Perpendiculous how can you tell?
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector Voodoo_Jim private msg quote post Address this user
Not quite as egregious, but this listing is not the first appearance of Radior (error in slab label). Key Ring Comics was a group of 16 page newsprint comics pre-punched for a binder. Dell only did five of these in 1941 (I have four of them!)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Key-Ring-Comics-1-Radior-CGC-7-5-C-OW-Origin-1st-Appearance/333422784104?hash=item4da18bee68:g:-6wAAOSwz4Rd5ndf
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Any concerns about this nice looking Captain America 109? The back looks just a little different than the others. Maybe it's a variant.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CAPTAIN-AMERICA-109-KEY-Origin-Retold-1969-MARVEL-SILVER-AGE-COMIC-VF/223723711760?hash=item3416f8ed10:g:kE0AAOSwyuVdtfpH

Best I can tell, nowhere in the listing does it describe this as anything other than the original 1969 book.

Update on this, the seller wasn't doing anything like this in his other listings, so I contacted him. He thanked me and ended the listing. Said he was extremely disappointed to learn that it's a reprint.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector harmonicaman private msg quote post Address this user
Check this beauty out!!!! https://www.ebay.com/itm/Comics/184100961955?hash=item2add45bea3%3Ag%3AqjIAAOSwADReBTZc&LH_BIN=1

Only $10 shipping too!!!, 0 feedback!! sorry, no returns
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonicaman
Check this beauty out!!!! https://www.ebay.com/itm/Comics/184100961955?hash=item2add45bea3%3Ag%3AqjIAAOSwADReBTZc&LH_BIN=1

Only $10 shipping too!!!, 0 feedback!! sorry, no returns

I think the price might include the foot on bottom right of the photo.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone ever have a seller ignore an email? My last two messages, to two different sellers have gone unanswered for days now. My purchases have shipped, feedback left for me, but no reply to my emails. These aren't even vital questions. One was asking about how they will package a comic. I forget the other question right now. But besides being rude, they are making it impossible for me to give them 5 stars on communication. These aren't big companies like MCS or Anthony's (both of them usually respond quickly anyway). Ok, thanks for reading my rant.
Post 30 IP   flag post
600860 999 30