CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ebay Deals, Dreck and Goofiness10764

Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Am I missing something? Transformers #1 9.8 is now a $1,000+ book? Here is one, and another.

What the what?!? Wow.

I was thinking the same thing about GI Joe #1 ... that is also a $1000+ book now. Crazy.

GI Joe #1 made a little sense because of the hype on the Snake Eyes movie (along with #21 and #26). Not sure why they go up since GI Joe had 3 movies (including the animated movie) and all are pretty lackluster. I've heard Hasbro may be trying to establish a toy-based film universe so maybe that could be it. Mind boggling for Transformers 1 though. Not sure what's going on.
Post 376 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Well, I just got a beautiful copy of the 1-per-store Ross Timeless composite cover. It was shipped, unfortunately, in an envelope, inside a padded envelope, and had no support at all besides the backing board.

Here are pics of the inner (bent) envelope, and the comic itself. Such a waste.

It may be salvageable. The whole book has a shallow bend, but there are also two small spine ticks, that look worse in the picture than they do in person. With a good press it still has a shot at 9.8, perhaps. But I don't want to mess with it. I've already initiated a return.

It's not hard to get sturdy cardboard or Gemini mailers. That stinks, Ted.
Post 377 IP   flag post
Collector Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone gotten raw books taped to the bottom of a box? I've had this done a couple of times and I'm like wtf?

They dont tape it with tabs so you have to sit there and scrape with finger nails until you get the tape to lift. And if you didn't see one, you get a damn spine tick. I think I created a non color breaking one.

While I appreciate the box. Why tape it to the box. It makes no damn sense to me.and why not use painters tape? Wtf do you use packing tape?
Post 378 IP   flag post
Collector xkonk private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte hopefully they were in a bag before they were taped!

My main complaint with CBCS shipping is that they use packing tape on the bubble wrap. It's damn near invisible and a pain to open.
Post 379 IP   flag post
@xkonk

It was in a bag. But that thing was also sealed. Which made it hard to open because you didn't know how deep to cut. The guy left no slack and the seal was the type where it was super sticky. Very unforgiving.

CBCS packing is a pain, but thankfully its impossible to introduce spine ticks due to plastic enclosure
Post 380 IP   flag post

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@xkonk

It was in a bag. But that thing was also sealed. Which made it hard to open because you didn't know how deep to cut. The guy left no slack and the seal was the type where it was super sticky. Very unforgiving.

CBCS packing is a pain, but thankfully its impossible to introduce spine ticks due to plastic enclosure

Speaking of a pain, how about the tape that Forbidden Planet used on those comic bags they sent the comics in? The tape was super-tape, and I pretty much had to rip the top of the bag just to get the comic out. Such a pain. By the third or fourth one I was just using a razor blade to cut open the top of the bag.
Post 381 IP   flag post
@Tedsaid

Mine wasn't too bad. It was sealed in a separate mini box and each book was bagged and boarded. Once I got through initial bag, it was cake. I gotta say I was surprised to see a mini box in the pseudo gemini mailer though.. they even branded the box with their own logo. All in all much better than I was expecting given the horror stories in the thread
Post 382 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
It does look like the back cover of my X Men 1, and my Tales of Suspense 45 and a bunch of others.

Post 383 IP   flag post
Collector flanders private msg quote post Address this user

Bonkers

Post 384 IP   flag post
340447 384 9