Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS what have to done to my books10752

Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
These were ALL supposed to have been cleaned and pressed

My disappointment over the failure of the Kirby sig (chance I took I know) is nothing compared to how these books were returned to me.

Just look at the waves on X Men and Doc Strange 2.

I wish I had previous pictures from the back X Men as this book has not been touched since I purchased it brand new in the box.

Should not have pressing corrected the spin roll on Doc Strange 1 or am I mistaken.

NOT a happy chappie

Post 1 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Wow that ripple is quite visable
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
The best question was were you charged for pressing and cleaning..? I would tend to agree those books dont look pressed or cleaned ….perhaps check your billing to verify?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
The best question was were you charged for pressing and cleaning..? I would tend to agree those books dont look pressed or cleaned ….perhaps check your billing to verify?

I totally agree and 100% paid and charged for press and cleaning and 27 weeks from door to door
Post 4 IP   flag post
So the next step for me might be message steve rickets and tim bilderhause and see where we go from here...it might save you a lot of angst and anger, and get you a solution you can feel better with

Steve handles the pressing, and Tim is a representative of CBCS...either one should be able to get you situatuted
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1lufcfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town

I totally agree and 100% paid and charged for press and cleaning and 27 weeks from door to door

did you reach out to @SteveRicketts?
Post 6 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town @poka I will do but for now I'm off for a strong cup of coffee to calm me down
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
The Doc Strange 1 does not appear to have a spine roll, just an off cut, which is very common for that book.

However, the first two are terrible. Looks hardly cleaned at all, and not cold pressed after pressing, which creates waves if the heat was high enough.

Blerghh. I feel your pain man.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Darkseid_of_town @poka I will do but for now I'm off for a strong cup of coffee to calm me down

Add some Bailey's and whiskey to it, that should do the trick . I also agree with the others, the first two don't look pressed or cleaned.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@no1lufcfan bright side, love that frank brunner verified signed doc strange 1 and 2
Post 10 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I am really feeling for you bud. I imagine the International shipping alone was tremendous. Were there any other books in the submission, hopefully something to soften the blow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Add some Bailey's and whiskey to it, that should do the trick

Oh Flanders you dog, I think you have just set me on a whole new path of daytime drinking for the last two weeks of the year! Suddenly I'm thinking "I need to get some Irish Whiskey and Bailey's". Don't know why I'm so open to suggestion these days.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Thanks for all the replies guys

I've PM Steve Rickets so we will see what happens

@flanders I dont drink any shorts but I love Baileys in a coffee and better still as a Guinness chasher

@Batman66 yes I'm really pleased that the Frank Brunner passed verification

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Were there any other books in the submission, hopefully something to soften the blow?

What makes it worse is this is my first time getting any of my personal books pressed cleaned and slabbed and I took up the offer of VSP when it was on and these were the only 3 books I sent in.

As a side note the waves were NOT present when I sent the books in, so something has happended
Post 12 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
all of that and 27 weeks.....pressing is hell as is and if those are the results??
Post 13 IP   flag post
@KatKomics yep...tell me about it
Post 14 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
all of that and 27 weeks.....pressing is hell as is and if those are the results??

No wonder the other pressing threads keep getting deleted.

Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Avery Pressing Services LLC.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I'm sorry to see that. I sent two books for pressing & grading, so that I could make sure CBCS received & entered them by Jan 1 for a $25 off coupon to be used. I've used their pressing service before, and not had anything adverse happen. I hope you can get this resolved in a quick and reasonable manner.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
RE: Kirby
I had to send the same book in 3 times before it passed the sig verification. Cost me 10x's the books value, but it was principal seeing as how I had it signed personally.

may want to try it again if the book means something to you ..or not ...just saying
Post 18 IP   flag post
The dynamic forces books supposedly signed by Kirby never pass, it happens time after time. Sadly I am afraid sending it in over and over wont gain much..
Post 19 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

No wonder the other pressing threads keep getting deleted.

yeah...in week 28 now!! none of my current order books were rush flips or anything (although as Rai and Wonder Woman come out next year they will be for sale), and ok I'm using CBCS Canada so maybe a few weeks added because of that...still...28 weeks and counting. All seems to be that pressing is the backup. I've had non press books come back right on or even under stated TAT's
Post 20 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Oh the irony.
Post 21 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Oh the irony.

I think you mean the IRON-y.

Post 22 IP   flag post
@Watcher good for you persevering, difference being you knew that Kirby actually signed and as @Darkseid_of_town said DF always fail.

I’ve tried contacting DF but no reply so now I'm leaving comments on their FaceBook page
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim
Avery Pressing Services LLC.

By go-to guy for some time.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
@no1lufcfan happened to me too, press reduced the grade. Not sure what's going on over there...I was also charged and no press performed at all!

I'm avoiding for now.
Sorry to hear.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Ouch, that sucks. I can relate to getting your books back at a much-diminished grade than what you were expecting. Makes your heart sink.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher

I had to send the same book in 3 times before it passed the sig verification.

Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
@no1lufcfan are they doing anything about it?
Post 28 IP   flag post
@comic_book_man Yes they are I PM Steve Ricketts and Jake in the pressing office is arranging FedEx to pick up and return all 3 comic books.

Its been a bit of a palaver as they were very good to give me the CBCS account number so I could arrange collection myself, however FedEx web site also wanted user name and password before they would let me book., which naturally put the mockers on that.

Another option was dropping off at the nearest FedEx site (in Cork) was a no no for me as it’s at least a 2 hour round trip from where I live in rural Ireland also involving motor way tolls.

So I am waiting for postage label to be emailed to me hopefully this Monday.

All a bit of a delay really as I could have posted this myself last Tuesday but we will see how it goes.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@comic_book_man Yes they are I PM Steve Ricketts and Jake Flemming is arranging FedEx to pick up and return all 3 comic books.

Its been a bit of a palaver as they were very good to give me the CBCS account number so I could arrange collection myself, however FedEx web site also wanted user name and password before they would let me book., which naturally put the mockers on that.

Another option was dropping off at the nearest FedEx site (in Cork) was a no no for me as it’s at least a 2 hour round trip from where I live in rural Ireland also involving motor way tolls.

So I am waiting for postage label to be emailed to me hopefully this Monday.

All a bit of a delay really as I could have posted this myself last Tuesday but we will see how it goes.

I added three checks to you because:
The use of the term "...put the mockers on...".
The use of the term "...bit of a palaver..."
Both of which I have not heard in donkeys years.
You having to deal with those Irish toll roads.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601455 77 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?