Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #710736

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
My books from CGC submitted Aug 6th arrived today. My son was home to sign for them. When I get home I'll post them here...can't wait to see them!!

EDIT: Forgot what thread I was in. Books not new to my collection. I'll start a Mail Call thread.
Post 151 IP   flag post
Collector KeepItClunky private msg quote post Address this user
Not new to the collection, but newly graded
Post 152 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user

Post 153 IP   flag post

Post 154 IP   flag post

Post 155 IP   flag post

Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
@Enelson Is that out of that box you just got?

That thing was a gold mine for you!
Post 156 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepItClunky

That is a Super nice looking Spidey book. The 3 part Kingpin story line (#50, #51, #52) is a Outstanding read. It doesn't get any better than that! Congrats on the book!
Post 157 IP   flag post
Collector KeepItClunky private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepItClunky

That is a Super nice looking Spidey book. The 3 part Kingpin story line (#50, #51, #52) is a Outstanding read. It doesn't get any better than that! Congrats on the book!
yes classic storyline for sure. Stan and John were rolling here. And thanks.
Post 158 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie
@Enelson Is that out of that box you just got?

That thing was a gold mine for you!
yes!
Post 159 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user

Post 160 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
A little over a week ago I ALMOST had a Batman #251, and then I ALMOST had an Avengers #57. After losing both of them, I decided I needed something nice for Christmas. So this ASM arrived today.

Post 161 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
A little over a week ago I ALMOST had a Batman #251, and then I ALMOST had an Avengers #57. After losing both of them, I decided I needed something nice for Christmas. So this ASM arrived today.

Yeah, buddy,... that's what I'm talking about.

You scored good!
Post 162 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
That ASM 24 cover is really cool. I can't believe I've never seen it before. Huh, learn new stuff every day on the forum.
Post 163 IP   flag post
Collector GeeWiz private msg quote post Address this user
Decided to get myself a couple of Christmas presents

Post 164 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@GeeWiz love 'em, congrats!!!!
Post 165 IP   flag post
Something new to my collection this week is 200 Gold/Silver 4 mil Mylars from eGerber. Another great suggestion that I picked up from this forum. When you take a book out of a 35 year old poly bag, put it in a new poly bag with backer board and then in 4 mil mylar...well it's kind of easy to start liking that book again. Even very common books, like Rom 17 and 18, clean bags and mylar can give you a whole new appreciation for those cool covers. Nice packaging can't improve the grade of a book, but it can sure make them look like they are worth every cent of Fair Market Value.

By the way, I wish I had not ordered the Gold/Silver backer boards...they are too thick for the way I package and make the mylars bulge. I think I could have still reached the $100 eGerber minimum with just the 200 mylars plus shipping and handling.
Post 166 IP   flag post
Quote:

You must have been good this year Ed! Santa was nice to you.
Post 167 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Santa's always nice to me, and I hope he's nice to you too, John!

This ASM #332 upgrade arrived yesterday thanks to a trade with @CatCovers - thanks Greg.

Post 168 IP   flag post
Some recent pickups

My one DC War comic

Ready to meet Mr Steranko:

Others

Ready for Raynor

Post 169 IP   flag post
Quote:
Santa's always nice to me, and I hope he's nice to you too, John!

This ASM #332 upgrade arrived yesterday thanks to a trade with @CatCovers - thanks Greg.

Beautiful Book Ed. I had a secret Santa deliver these books

Post 170 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Some recent pickups

My one DC War comic

Nice! Currently my favorite title and hard to find higher grade copies. The Enemy Ace Issue is one i would like to obtain myself.
Post 171 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I bought a few undergrounds from a friend of mine on Facebook. Edited for drug use and nudity. I'll take a pic of the back of that Net Profit one tomorrow and share it. It definitely makes it's point!

Post 172 IP   flag post

Post 173 IP   flag post

Post 174 IP   flag post

....this is all still from the same collection I was given
Post 175 IP   flag post

Post 176 IP   flag post

Post 177 IP   flag post

I think I posted some of these before...and a few sold...but these are the justice league I have left
Post 178 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Here is the front and back covers of Net Profit. It came out in 1974 and was the first publication by Ecomix. It says they were planning on publishing more ecology related comix. If anyone has any information about them, I would be interested in learning more. The Net Profit was done in partnership with Project Jonah, an organization that advocated saving whales and dolphins. On that subject, Animal Planet is airing a documentary tonight on Captain Paul Watson of Sea Shepherd. I'm going to be recording it and watching tomorrow.

Post 179 IP   flag post
This was all the flash...some of this might be on the sale thread...or some was here before...I'm finally at about 90% sorted and bagged and boarded

Some of this stuff (if not all) will be for sale...I picked out a few keys I'm keeping, the rest I'm selling. Message me if something is of interest
Post 180 IP   flag post
600809 999 30