Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #710736

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Pre_Coder - You really got up early! You probably remember at the end of the day (if your parents let you stay up late enough) stations signing off for the night with a flag flapping in the wind and the Star Spangled Banner.
Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Do you remember:

Black & White TV’s
TV’s with tubes that had to warm up (and be replaced frequently)
Only one TV in the house
No remote controls
Rabbit Ears (antenna)
VHF and UHF
Test Patterns
That little white spot on the tube that took forever to disappear when you turned off the TV

And if you got up too early on Saturday, you had to wait for a farming show to end before the cartoons started.
Quote:
Do you remember:

Black & White TV’s
Only one TV in the house
No remote controls
Rabbit Ears (antenna)
VHF and UHF
Test Patterns
That little white spot on the tube that took forever to disappear when you turned off the TV

And if you got up too early on Saturday, you had to wait for a farming show to end before the cartoons started.
Rabbit ears with foil shapes in all directions !
Post 102 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Pre_Coder - You really got up early! You probably remember at the end of the day (if your parents let you stay up late enough) stations signing off for the night with a flag flapping in the wind and the Star Spangled Banner.

And the fighter pilot cruising in the upper stratosphere... and touch the face of God.
Post 103 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Yes sir, Ed. Not to mention staying up late enough to hear "The Star-Spangled Banner" right before that test pattern appeared. If I could stay awake that late, that is. 😆
Post 104 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Hilarious! I didn't see this post until after the one I just posted. 😆
Post 105 IP   flag post

Collector Duece411 private msg quote post Address this user
Ya they dont do that anymore remember getting up to watch cartoons early in the morning and them waving a flag playing national anthem in background before cartoons came on!
Post 106 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Sniped this immediately on Ebay earlier this year.
I haven't submitted yet, but with a press I do hope it comes back a 9 point something.

Picked up #2 and #3 in comparable condition. Still searching for a high grade #4 (raw).

Good luck! I hope you find one. Keep me posted.
Post 107 IP   flag post
More i bought...

Post 108 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
@BigRedOne1944 not everyone cares about perfect wraps. just saying 🤫🎅🏻

I never said they did. I personally hate them and avoid them like the plague. Even more so on 9.8 books. Just saying
Post 109 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:

@BigRedOne1944 not everyone cares about perfect wraps. just saying 🤫

Count me among those who could not give a shit about arbitrary qualifications imposed above and beyond industry grading standards. Poor newbies coming into the industry. Who knew it wasn't good enough to get a key or a high grade. Now you need also search for "The perfect wrap". Materialist Bourgeois Elitists, we are the Proletariat and we say "nay" to your perfect wrap conspiracy.

So Im a Materialist Bourgeois Elitists because I prefer to not have a mis-wrapped book?

"perfect wrap conspiracy?" So now it's a conspiracy? Are you Serious?

Your more than welcome to all the mis-wraps you want, but Stop with the ridiculous self righteous BS.
Post 110 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Quote:
Quote:

Count me among those who could not give a shit about arbitrary qualifications imposed above and beyond industry grading standards. Poor newbies coming into the industry. Who knew it wasn't good enough to get a key or a high grade. Now you need also search for "The perfect wrap". Materialist Bourgeois Elitists, we are the Proletariat and we say "nay" to your perfect wrap conspiracy.

So Im a Materialist Bourgeois Elitists because I prefer to not have a mis-wrapped book?

Your more than welcome to all the mis-wraps you want, but Stop with the ridiculous self righteous BS.

My initial sentences were serious. I assumed my intentional over-the-top hyperbole in the final sentence would be read with a chuckle. A light-hearted jab at the overall controversy. I apologize if anyone read it as intending to offend.
Post 111 IP   flag post
So get this when i started collecting, i collected cool covers that personally impressed me and as the days go on i evolve my self around a story arch that caught me wanting more! So till the multiverse comes to a end i will forver be trapped trying to piece the story together everyday! Just so in the end i will be a better person for learning a useless story that evolves this world to to multiverse! And some would call me stupid... I see it, and were reliving it! Thank you Kevin F. For giving me the chance to relive my childhood dream and forcing me to buy these comic books again couse i never appreciated nothing till you opened my eyes!
And really it wasnt him but he brought the twinkle to my eye!
Thing i learned is listen to your heart! Theres a reason for everything and theres a reason why you think the way you do!
And the answer is someone is telling you something! Weather you choose to believe it or not! Constance isnt actually you its actually someone else behind the mask which means more than you realize!
Have a good night all enjoy sorry for the long message!
Post 112 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@EbaySeller nah I knew your last sentence was meant in jest. Unfortunately in this age of posts and threads the meaning behind things sometimes does not come over well. In person chatting and jokes with the facial expressions and the tone of ones voice not always but generally the jokes are seen as they are meant to be.
Sorry for the long winded comment. Long day at work and it's getting late here.
As always.

Collect what you have joy in and have joy collecting 👍
Post 113 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
...a long time ago...in a comic book store far far away...comic book collecting was about loving great art, amazing stories and having those books for yourselves....
Post 114 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
I can't find those cartoons on tv anymore, but I still catch an occasional six million dollar man, wonder woman and Incredible Hulk

I just caught these two classics on tv the other day and had to take a video because it was like I was a kid again

Post 115 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Do you remember:

Black & White TV’s
Only one TV in the house
No remote controls
Rabbit Ears (antenna)
VHF and UHF
Test Patterns

Yes, I remember. Does that mean I'm old? I have a vivid memory of our family getting our first color TV. Before that, we could only get the network stations. With it, we were now able to get the UHF stations. That was the most awesome thing ever.
Post 116 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Thundarr the barbarian was another favourite!!
Post 117 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Quote:
Quote:

My initial sentences were serious. I assumed my intentional over-the-top hyperbole in the final sentence would be read with a chuckle. A light-hearted jab at the overall controversy. I apologize if anyone read it as intending to offend.

I knew you were kidding but was afraid others wouldn't when I read it. I've made the same mistake so I "feel ya".
Post 118 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

One of my all time favorite cartoons. another is Pirates of Dark water (my kids watched this, I just came along for the ride), great stories unfortunately, it was cancelled before the plot was resolved.
Post 119 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

One of my all time favorite cartoons. another is Pirates of Dark water (my kids watched this, I just came along for the ride), great stories unfortunately, it was cancelled before the plot was resolved.

I liked the "Dungeons & Dragons" cartoon from back in the 80s.
Post 120 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

I liked the "Dungeons & Dragons" cartoon from back in the 80s.

Totally agree!!! Venger!!!
Post 121 IP   flag post
Space Ghost!
Post 122 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I received these today. #1 is signed by David Petersen. Paid $11.99 for both. Very happy with that

Post 123 IP   flag post
@OGJackster great art!!
Post 124 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user

...some more interesting stuff
Post 125 IP   flag post
Another new one! Be ready CBCS! Hahaha...
Post 126 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
finally in my hands!!

Didn't know it but the reverse side also had a sketch though not finished and not signed....guess Mignola attributed?? Too bad the blue line work doesn't show on scans, the reverse side looks better than what you see here.

Post 127 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics Nice piece. I like the little extra sketch on the back too.
Post 128 IP   flag post
Just a few other random things from the collection I'm digging through...

Anyone know anything about the Dell Television comics...or things I should be looking for...collection seems to run intermittently from the mid 50s to about 1962
Post 129 IP   flag post

These will probably be in my sales thread too...I dont know anything about these...
Post 130 IP   flag post
598060 999 30