Falcon & Winter Soldier Still Slated For Fall Release (Not August) On Disney+
https://screenrant.com/falcon-winter-soldier-release-date-fall-disney-plus/

Hopefully, this will increase in value
Post 752 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
1st HELMUT ZEMO: Captain America #168

@OGJackster Is Helmut Zemo different than Baron Zemo? I think there was a Baron Zemo in Sgt Fury #8.
Post 753 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@EbaySeller

Helmut Zemo
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigationJump to search
This article is about the second Baron Zemo, Helmut Zemo. For his father, see Heinrich Zemo.

Helmut J. Zemo is a fictional supervillain appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics, most commonly as an adversary of the superhero Captain America and the Avengers. He is the son of Baron Heinrich Zemo. The character first appeared in Captain America #168 (December 1973) and was created by Roy Thomas, Tony Isabella and Sal Buscema.

In 2009, Helmut Zemo was ranked as IGN's 40th Greatest Comic Book Villain of All Time.[1] Daniel Brühl portrays the character in the Marvel Cinematic Universe film Captain America: Civil War (2016) and will return to portray the role in the upcoming Disney+ series The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (2020).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helmut_Zemo
Post 754 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944 I saw some of your First Comics books above. Just for the fun of it, here are mine...

Post 755 IP   flag post

Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user

Picked this up from a store based in NJ that specializes in dealing comic book art (Anthony’s Comics). The story behind this book is that the owner bought an unopened box of comics from a surviving family member of Milton Schiffman who was the VP of Publishing for Marvel. The box contained books that were first off the press copies sent to him by World Color Press Inc..

He worked out with CBCS that the sealed box from the printer addressed to Schiffman was to be opened by a presser, also a witness registered with cbcs, who sorted the contents and sent them directly to CBCS. That is how he was able to work out with CBCS the note on the slab saying "Milton Schiffman File Copy.”

So although never making it to the drawer of Sciffman, a little bit of interesting travel, history and ownership for a book I had on my list to acquire (paid less than what CGC 9.4s go for too!)
Post 756 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
He worked out with CBCS that the sealed box from the printer addressed to Schiffman was to be opened by a presser, also a witness registered with cbcs, who sorted the contents and sent them directly to CBCS. That is how he was able to work out with CBCS the note on the slab saying "Milton Schiffman File Copy.

@Drogio Nice one, cool backstory. Do you know how long ago this happened? I can't remember if CBCS books have a slab date on them. I'm curious if the books all got pressed before grading.

Oh yeah nice wrap too! First one off the press better have a good wrap.
Post 757 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@EbaySeller

Helmut Zemo
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigationJump to search
This article is about the second Baron Zemo, Helmut Zemo. For his father, see Heinrich Zemo.

Helmut J. Zemo is a fictional supervillain appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics, most commonly as an adversary of the superhero Captain America and the Avengers. He is the son of Baron Heinrich Zemo. The character first appeared in Captain America #168 (December 1973) and was created by Roy Thomas, Tony Isabella and Sal Buscema.

In 2009, Helmut Zemo was ranked as IGN's 40th Greatest Comic Book Villain of All Time.[1] Daniel Brühl portrays the character in the Marvel Cinematic Universe film Captain America: Civil War (2016) and will return to portray the role in the upcoming Disney+ series The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (2020).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helmut_Zemo

@OGJackster is correct on the Cap #168 It is a great Sal Buscema Issue.

Post 758 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@BigRedOne1944 I saw some of your First Comics books above. Just for the fun of it, here are mine...

I do love me some eighties Indies, but come on now Jack....... Im going to need some visual confirmation

Post 759 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
He worked out with CBCS that the sealed box from the printer addressed to Schiffman was to be opened by a presser, also a witness registered with cbcs, who sorted the contents and sent them directly to CBCS. That is how he was able to work out with CBCS the note on the slab saying "Milton Schiffman File Copy.

@Drogio Nice one, cool backstory. Do you know how long ago this happened? I can't remember if CBCS books have a slab date on them. I'm curious if the books all got pressed before grading.

Oh yeah nice wrap too! First one off the press better have a good wrap.

First number on the ID is the year, right? In that case I would guess it was some time in 2019. So not too long ago.

He did say it was sent to a presser, so I assume it was pressed. Also, it’s got a few spine ticks that break color so doubt condition can be better than 9.4....unless I sent it to CGC!!! Which I’m not going to do as it would lose the file copy status for sure.

Plus it’s for the PC. C is for CBCS...that’s good enough for me!
Post 760 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
Just picked these up at my local Walmart.
Feb 15

Adam Strange !

oh dreck, you missed the Giant size swamp thing issue that has Zatanna appearance!
Post 761 IP   flag post
Collector KeepItClunky private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepItClunky
Recently graded

I know many have opposed the Spidey label, but I like it. Nice Book
thanks. I like the NYC label (this) more than the other generic Spidey one. Now that cgc has discontinued certain labels to make room for new ones, I wonder if certain labels will bring a premium in the future?
Post 762 IP   flag post
Collector KeepItClunky private msg quote post Address this user

Post 763 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

a few auction wins yesterday. The 2 annuals are Canadian editions. Never knew about them until I bought a Jim annual 1 from gac. Now I'm looking for them. The Conan was an eBay win, local pickup.
Post 764 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

it came in the mail today, they look great together
Post 765 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user

just got it. Gonna put up for sell if anyone is interested PM me
Post 766 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Just arrived: Tuesday Feb 18

Post 767 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

30 cent price variant.
Post 768 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley

30 cent price variant.

How do you find price variants? If I look at MCS or Mile high, I can't search "price variants"?
Post 769 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort - If you search “X-Men 98” at MCS, all issues, including Canadian, UK, Mark Jewelers, and 30-Cent Variants will be listed.
Post 770 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@sportshort - If you search “X-Men 98” at MCS, all issues, including Canadian, UK, Mark Jewelers, and 30-Cent Variants will be listed.

I might try the same method at Mile High but I don't have an hour to try over and over and over...

Thanks!
Post 771 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
How do you find price variants? If I look at MCS or Mile high, I can't search "price variants"?

Most of mine have been either LCS finds or eBay/other internet sites. @esaravo is correct about Mile High and MCS. Mile High may list them. I know they list pence and mark jewelers variants in the regular series listing. This is a screen shot of me just searching Uncanny X-Men at MCS.

Personally I think it is broken out better at MCS without needing a codeword to get 60% off an exorbitantly overpriced book.
Post 772 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley, don't forget MCS' silly codeword that they run weekly, it's something A-D Marvel comics starring Spider-man for 5%, it's not work it.
Post 773 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user

Got it for $40 shipped-from Canada even- 🤷‍♂️
Post 774 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelson

What's that in American money?

(kidding)
Post 775 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
These just in.

The “Harleen” hardcover because I’m curious if the black label treatment of Harley’s origin holds up to all the hype.

And the Swamp Thing series on blu-Ray because I love Swamp Thing, but I refuse to pay for another streaming service.
How are you liking Swamp Thing slim?
Post 776 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
These just in.

The “Harleen” hardcover because I’m curious if the black label treatment of Harley’s origin holds up to all the hype.

And the Swamp Thing series on blu-Ray because I love Swamp Thing, but I refuse to pay for another streaming service.
How are you liking Swamp Thing slim?

Man, I’ve been working out of town a lot & haven’t had a chance to watch it, sadly.

I left it with my brother. I hope to watch some on Thursday with him.
Post 777 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I’m a story stickler but it’s pretty good. I’m only 4 episodes in and have re watched every episode, I don’t want to blow thru it and have it over fast.
Post 778 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Snatched these up over the past week. My want list is greatly diminishing.

Post 779 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelson

What's that in American money?

(kidding)

about 8 bucks.
Post 780 IP   flag post
601340 999 30