Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #710736

I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town

Post 626 IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:
Originally Posted by daywalker
THE BEST X-MEN RUN EVERRRRRRR!!!!

Glad you agree. Funny thing though, between X-men 113 and X-men 120 there are several covers that are uncharacteristically unremarkable...I wouldn't even care to own them if they weren't part of my run.

Really...I don’t mind them. Better than a lot of the covers coming out now! Those have a story on the cover as opposed to just a character posing on the cover. Plus the interior art and story are what make them great!
Post 627 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
If I remember correctly that would have been when Kanigher was working the title and the comic was in low print runs....slowly recovering from the SOTI trials and so forth.

Some of those books from that five or six year span have amazingly few copies in decent shape running around.

I always smile when people say they are looking for early wonder woman books...I tend to focus on the first thirty issues, which are few, far between and rather price heavy, and were mostly written by Hummel.

PS: if you ever want the ultimate wonder woman headache, try an find or buy a copy of issue 105....good luck

Since you brought up Hummel, I don't know if you ever posted the resolution to your signature adventure. Is there a closing chapter to the story of the famous elusive Joye Hummel autograph hunt? (hope i spelled her name correctly)
Post 628 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I sent her the package, and her husband achknowleged having gotten it mid week of that particular week....around sunday he emailed stating he had spent the entire night with her at the emergency room, and according to her doctors it would be some time If ever before she was able to sign autographs for anyone again. He said if she were ever able to continue signing for fans he would let me know, etc. He summarily returned the entire box to me, more or less untouched, except for having been opened. ..….either I missed the chance by a daunting day or two, or they changed their mind.It almost felt like something spooked them or I dont really know. It all seemed sort of off....figured it wouldn't take much effort for someone to write their name a few times, but then again if she had a stroke or something worse, it could be the explanation. To get that close only to miss really stung and I haven't felt much like even talking further about it.....I do hope she is alright and it wasn't anything too debilitating, or serious, but given her age anything is possible.
I spent hours of work and some money getting to the position of doing that and it all more or less fell in on itself in a matter of a day or two sadly. To come that close, and yet so clearly to miss doesn't feel that great honestly

I spend time now and again searching for signed books she might have done at San Diego in case something surfaces, but it seems a forlorn chance
Post 629 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@daywalker there is something wrong with your camera. I see doubles in your post.
Post 630 IP   flag post

Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
@Darkseid_of_town I have two copies of wonder women 105, low grade if your interested
Its amazing to see two copies even exist, and I imagine they would bring a decent amount even in the rough shape they are in....I was hoping to find a little better copy, but so far the only one I have tried for went pretty astronomically high...I believe the overstreet lists it as either rare or at least scarcer...
Post 631 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
I sent her the package, and her husband achknowleged having gotten it mid week of that particular week....around sunday he emailed stating he had spent the entire night with her at the emergency room, and according to her doctors it would be some time If ever before she was able to sign autographs for anyone again. He said if she were ever able to continue signing for fans he would let me know, etc. He summarily returned the entire box to me, more or less untouched, except for having been opened. ..….either I missed the chance by a daunting day or two, or they changed their mind.It almost felt like something spooked them or I dont really know. It all seemed sort of off....figured it wouldn't take much effort for someone to write their name a few times, but then again if she had a stroke or something worse, it could be the explanation. To get that close only to miss really stung and I haven't felt much like even talking further about it.....I do hope she is alright and it wasn't anything too debilitating, or serious, but given her age anything is possible.
I spent hours of work and some money getting to the position of doing that and it all more or less fell in on itself in a matter of a day or two sadly. To come that close, and yet so clearly to miss doesn't feel that great honestly

I spend time now and again searching for signed books she might have done at San Diego in case something surfaces, but it seems a forlorn chance

That sucks. Obviously I hope she’s OK, but all that work for nothing. Oh well, maybe they’ll be a next time.
Post 632 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

won this at auction tonight. As soon as I get it in I'll send to cbcs. Had a friend who has over 700 Kirby verified signed books, he's in the process of writing a book about jack Kirby. He gave me the approval of this signature. Also I don't know if you guys know about the white outline and yellow outline on the captain America title. Most are yellow, much fewer white. I'm hoping cbcs will put that on the label as well.
Post 633 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Funny that my is my dad noticed the yellow and white outline as a lad
Post 634 IP   flag post
So apparently I entered that post twice, not sure how to delete it. Went to edit and couldn't figure out how to delete it. If you can let me know would be appreciated
Post 635 IP   flag post
Quote:
So apparently I entered that post twice, not sure how to delete it. Went to edit and couldn't figure out how to delete it. If you can let me know would be appreciated

Jesse did that for me once. If he's looking i'm sure he'll do it.
Post 636 IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
@daywalker there is something wrong with your camera. I see doubles in your post.

LOL! Yep, one to keep and one to sell!
Post 637 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:

Jesse did that for me once. If he's looking i'm sure he'll do it.

Took care of it.
Post 638 IP   flag post
Collector cseale0223 private msg quote post Address this user
Haven’t posted in months.

Post 639 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
The reason I’m posting the following book is because of how I acquired it. I recently finished a job for a long time friend and to sweeten the pot for me he gave me this baby! He said if I had it he’d give me something else. I have two other “red” hulk #1’s but not this one! I have to say, it’s the first time in 23 years exp I’ve gotten a comic bonus.
Post 640 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
A little WD-40 on a rag will get that sticker residue off the upper corner.
Post 641 IP   flag post
I know... the case is pretty rough in general so it hasn’t bothered me enough yet. Look at the bottom right-ish, the is what looks like a scratch. It’s not on the outside though, I’m wondering if it’s the inside or the inner well? Whatever, it’s still the same book limited to 300
Post 642 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
A little WD-40 on a rag will get that sticker residue off the upper corner.
and by the way, I used goo gone. I got shamed son.....
Post 643 IP   flag post
Just got this, yay for me!

Post 644 IP   flag post
Collector Yoosh5492 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 645 IP   flag post
Collector GeeWiz private msg quote post Address this user

Post 646 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 647 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

This one is hard to find
Post 648 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte congrats on the MS-5... and nice cover wrap to boot.
Post 649 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Post 650 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Pre_Coder
Thank you. =)
Post 651 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley

One of my favorite cap covers. I think I have it on 9.8. That and issues 6 (winter soldier variant) and 11 (another winter soldier cover) are sweet in that brubaker/epting run.
Post 652 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user

All the moon knight hype has me appreciating some of the Sienkiewicz covers in the first series.

This is probably my favorite cover of that run. More to come soon!
Post 653 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
@Drogio

That is an awesome cover!

Congrats!
Post 654 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley

One of my favorite cap covers. I think I have it on 9.8. That and issues 6 (winter soldier variant) and 11 (another winter soldier cover) are sweet in that brubaker/epting run.
Im not a cap fan at all but I agree
Post 655 IP   flag post
601201 999 30