Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #710736

Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Filled in another 80s to early 90s Marvel mini. Don't let the barcodes fool you. This title doesn't have a "direct edition" counterpart.

Post 576 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user

Can never have too many Spawn.
Post 577 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this from eBay really cheap so I couldn’t pass it up.FF-68 3.5, next should be FF-67

Post 578 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
With my OCD on condition, it has been awhile since I have been able to find quality books for my Conan Run. One of the main problems is that often times the covers are mis-wraps, which I do not like, but I was finally able to acquire a few higher grade books recently that had nice centered covers as well. The Gil Kane covers alone are worth the price of admission. His classic cover work during the era is second to none.

Post 579 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
More Dennis the Menace Giants!! It is so hard to find these in higher grades.

Post 580 IP   flag post

I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944 I never knew you had an issue with mis wraps, you never mentioned it, lol
Post 581 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user

Post 582 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
More Dennis the Menace Giants!! It is so hard to find these in higher grades.

Those Dennis books are awesome. Nice get!
Post 583 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes

How did this get a blue label.
Post 584 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@bige31 - CGC doesn’t offer VSP/Red Labels.
Post 585 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by bige31
Quote:

If the sig is on the interior, it automatically qualifies for a blue label with the sig counted as a defect against the grade.

If the sig is on the cover, you can request a blue label with the sig counted as a defect against the grade.
Post 586 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Not sure if they took into consideration the Miracleman 1 "gold" which were signed by Alan Moore back at SDCC '85. Regardless I always wanted the elusive Alan Moore signature and it being a Miracleman book was a huge plus. This is one trade I do not regret.
Post 587 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Quote:
Quote:

If the sig is on the interior, it automatically qualifies for a blue label with the sig counted as a defect against the grade.

If the sig is on the cover, you can request a blue label with the sig counted as a defect against the grade.

Ah I did not know that’s how it worked. I knew you could a blue label but like you said it count as a defect and hurt the grade. Didn’t know the interior part
Post 588 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Even more Dennis Giants!! I got a great deal on these 4 & they are also in higher grades, so this equals 6 I have gotten from this eBay seller...with all 6 it equals out to around $29.83 per comic plus shipping is free!

Post 589 IP   flag post
Collector GeeWiz private msg quote post Address this user

Post 590 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
2 more - think one of them used to belong to @Tedsaid

Post 591 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
@BigRedOne1944 I never knew you had an issue with mis wraps, you never mentioned it, lol

I do hate them with a passion
Post 592 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
Even more Dennis Giants!! I got a great deal on these 4 & they are also in higher grades, so this equals 6 I have gotten from this eBay seller...with all 6 it equals out to around $29.83 per comic plus shipping is free!

Nice Find on those books. congratulations!
Post 593 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
These two books arrived yesterday to complete a deal I made with @Polka a while back. Keld shipped them right away, but I think they were put in quarantine in NY for a few weeks because they came from Hong Kong. Cross another high-grade SA Adventure Comics off my list, and I thought the Modern book was a cool homage to JLA #1 (I stand corrected, homage to BB #28).

Post 594 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo nice books. Modern book homage to Brave and the Bold 28 👍
Post 595 IP   flag post
@southerncross - You are right! Now that I think about it, JLA #1 is a chess game. Thanks, Michael.
Post 596 IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user

Post 597 IP   flag post
Thanks to a lot of help from @Studley_Dudley, I was able to finally complete my X-Men run. It is easily one of the most beat-up comics I have, but I own it!

Post 598 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Thanks to a lot of help from @Studley_Dudley, I was able to finally complete my X-Men run. It is easily one of the most beat-up comics I have, but I own it!

So what’s next Ed?
Post 599 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Sweet. I wonder how many times that book has changed owners in it's lifetime. How many times it's been packed and shipped? Are you going to slab it for condition protection?
Post 600 IP   flag post
@daywalker and @EbaySeller - Thanks, guys. Next on my list is to probably sell a few books to replace what I spent on this book, and then find some more SA ASM's and Adventure Comics, and/or maybe add an EC to my collection of three so far. I do plan on having it slabbed to help preserve it. Maybe CBCS will have an X-Men promo soon? Eventually, I could possibly see myself upgrading this and some other X-Men issues at some time in the future.
Post 601 IP   flag post
Quote:
@daywalker and @EbaySeller - Thanks, guys. Next on my list is to probably sell a few books to replace what I spent on this book, and then find some more SA ASM's and Adventure Comics, and/or maybe add an EC to my collection of three so far. I do plan on having it slabbed to help preserve it. Maybe CBCS will have an X-Men promo soon? Eventually, I could possibly see myself upgrading this and some other X-Men issues at some time in the future.

Send me a list of what your looking for and I’ll keep my eyes open for you!
Post 602 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie
@Siggy

This might be a silly question, but how did you get those books from his personal collection, and how does CBCS confirm that?

That's just a very cool thing to have in your collection. Congrats!
he bought Royers entire personnal collection I believe he said...

Sorry I didn't see these replies.
Mike and I live in the same small town, and when I learned of this I reached out to him for possible commissions. He invited me to his home/studio, and we've been friends ever since (9 years). I help set up commissions for him now (when he's open for business), and assist him when he sets up tables at West Coast conventions, when my schedule allows. I don't think he plans to set up at San Diego Comic Fest next month, but he invited me anyway.
He brought a couple boxes of his file copies with us to SDCC last year. I drove him there so he'd be able to bring more stuff. There was one bite from a seller there, but he never returned. When we left he offered them to me because he didn't want to have to store them again. I think be and his wife like the extra space.
Anyway, I don't think it's his ENTIRE collection, but there was a lot of Fourth World, Kamandi, and Eternals in there, plus non Kirby stuff.

Not planning to sell any, if anyone is wondering.
Post 603 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Eventually, I could possibly see myself upgrading this and some other X-Men issues at some time in the future.

Well I hope that poor book will find it's Forever Home one day.
Post 604 IP   flag post
Collector BrashSmurf private msg quote post Address this user

Arrived today
Post 605 IP   flag post
601514 999 30