Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #710736

Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town Agreed! Love the characters and if done right, I think Barda will be very very popular. I pick up high grade copies whenever I can of 4.
Post 426 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Used my ebay bucks and got a really good deal on this book! I think it could benefit, at least a little bit, from a future press.

Next book on my list is Hulk 449!

Post 427 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
This box came today

I have not seen this sticker before

It was a boarded comic wrapped in bubble wrap, with 2 sheets of paper and wadded up newspaper inside

But the book was just fine, 6.0 I think
Post 428 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
And these came too, every one is missing 10 pages or so. My plan is as I run across coverless, I will marry them, and make myself reader copies. Missing 8 and 15 though.The definition of a man with too much time
Post 429 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
And these came too, every one is missing 10 pages or so. My plan is as I run across coverless, I will marry them, and make myself reader copies. Missing 8 and 15 though.The definition of a man with too much time
just for the ditto covers, these are awesome, congrats
Post 430 IP   flag post

I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
New Gods #1, hopefully the announced movie will be great. Great Jack Kirby Art.

Let me apologize now about the slight spine roll @BigRedOne1944, this was the best I could afford and I figured I needed to start somewhere.

Congratulations on that classic Jack Kirby book! You most certainly don't owe me any apology for anything. Every collector has their own unique tolerances and collecting style and doesn't have to justify that to anybody else, and most certainly not me. All that really matters is that YOU are happy and find enjoyment with your collection. Happy collecting!
Post 431 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steverogers11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
That staple placement though! Beautiful book. I've loved this cover since I got into comics. The inks, and colors are just so rich and make it pop. @Steverogers11 again, beautiful book!
yeah mine is the same way, always bugged me
honestly was more important for me to find a good wrap. Staple placement on this book didn’t bother me too much. Great book u have

I have kind of shied away from similar staple placement, but I personally feel as @Steverogers11 does, the nice wrap is much more important. I could live with the staples. Beautiful book! congratulations on that nicely centered book!
Post 432 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
This box came today

I have not seen this sticker before

It was a boarded comic wrapped in bubble wrap, with 2 sheets of paper and wadded up newspaper inside

But the book was just fine, 6.0 I think

WOW!!!!! that is some serious box damage! Its a miracle the book survived. Was the book made of Steel? after all it was Superboy.

also congratulations on those super cool Amazing Fantasy books! Thats something you don't see every day.
Post 433 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by obrie2tm

Nice looking MM #4 book, but its the FF #45 that caught my eye! Nice sharp color with solid looking edges and corners and a beautiful cover wrap. You can't go wrong with a book like that!
Post 434 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Eh that FF is a pretty silver book but that Miracle four is worth four of them and.moving up
Post 435 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town yup! that's why I've got 5 copies of 8.5 and better. Hoping the new pickup grades out around 9.4-9.6 to stay in my PC.
Post 436 IP   flag post
@BigRedOne1944 thanks! So tricky with that midnight blue cover showing wear so easily too.
Post 437 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Quote:

Let me apologize now about the slight spine roll @BigRedOne1944, this was the best I could afford and I figured I needed to start somewhere.

Congratulations on that classic Jack Kirby book! You most certainly don't owe me any apology for anything. Every collector has their own unique tolerances and collecting style and doesn't have to justify that to anybody else, and most certainly not me. All that really matters is that YOU are happy and find enjoyment with your collection. Happy collecting!

i appreciate that, but before you started mentioning the wrap alignment, I never thought about it. now I notice it all the time so it'e cool. I learned something and that's always a plus.
Post 438 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort nice pick it up 👍

Me personally low grade books and mid grade like your New God's 1 with a mis wrap is perfectly fine 😀

It's when the books hit the 9s I'm less inclined to like. Way I see it if you're paying for a book in the 9s and with so many graded I'd rather one not just in good condition but one that was manufactured perfectly as well.

Unless the book is priced as a bargain.
Wallet wins every time 👍
Post 439 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross , makes sense

"...Wallet wins every time" - Amen to that.
Post 440 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
My latest auction win arrived today. Just need #80 and that just slighty expensive #1. If you have either of those issues available, send me a PM. I would love to talk about a cash and/or trade deal.

Post 441 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user

Post 442 IP   flag post
I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user
Just got these, usually not a fan of something that has been done so many times. But this just spoke to me and was a great price 😀

Post 443 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by obrie2tm
@BigRedOne1944 thanks! So tricky with that midnight blue cover showing wear so easily too.

Your Welcome. Sometimes I just like the comic books for being comic books and not necessarily for what their monetary value. Good eye on the blue FF cover. How is the cover surface on that book? While it looks really nice, scans can be misleading sometimes.
Post 444 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
My latest auction win arrived today. Just need #80 and that just slighty expensive #1. If you have either of those issues available, send me a PM. I would love to talk about a cash and/or trade deal.

Nice grab Ed! Its always very gratifying to complete a run. Your close enough to smell it now! Unfortunately I can not help you with either of the issues you need. Good luck in your quest!
Post 445 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomEwan
Just got these, usually not a fan of something that has been done so many times. But this just spoke to me and was a great price 😀

well.... Considering what an original would set you back..... I'd say you did quit well!
Post 446 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

i appreciate that, but before you started mentioning the wrap alignment, I never thought about it. now I notice it all the time so it'e cool. I learned something and that's always a plus.

Glad I could help. The cover wrap is the first thing I personally look for in a comic book and its very important to me. Its less of an issue for others as everybody has their own personal tastes and preferences which is what makes each collection uniquely personalized. Thanks again posting such a classic book
Post 447 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Eh that FF is a pretty silver book but that Miracle four is worth four of them and.moving up

....but it is not well centered with a nice wrap.....
Post 448 IP   flag post
Collector Arak private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke
Dang my ninja...Leave something for the rest of us mere mortals Great books !!!
Post 449 IP   flag post
@GAC Double check the address , I think it was suppose to come over here brother.
Awesome book Gac !
Post 450 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arak
@BigRedOne1944 Aweome my brother. super happy for you on this one

@Arak Thanks for the thumbs up on the Rock book

My brother it was very easy to do with such a great book at friggin 8.0 ( drool)
Post 451 IP   flag post
@xkonk This is why I hate variants .I love your books and dont even know if I own them...maybe Crystal got them for Christmas..I need to go check.. Either way fantastic books !!!!
Post 452 IP   flag post
@doog Damn!!! wow great books !!!
If one of my delivery people walked up to my door with a box like that I would probably be trying to arrange bail right now
Great covers , good luck on your project
Post 453 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo

Woot WTG Ed... Your almost done right?
Post 454 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O

great book. Jesse ! you heard they are talking to Keanu about playing him?
Post 455 IP   flag post
601285 999 30