Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original Artwork

Bernie Wrightson Frankenstein art sold.10734

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Price ... 1.2 million for the cover art.

edit for link
Post 1 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O - Incredible!
Post 2 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Wow. Absolutely stunning piece of art.
Post 3 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Gorgeous!!!!!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
My favorite Wrightson piece! Lucky owner!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Amazing detail in his work.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Well deserved. I've always loved the way he shadowed his art.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
$1 million plus the juice
Post 8 IP   flag post
Whenever you have a monkey riding a horse, I'm in. Tom74152 private msg quote post Address this user

He was one of the best. Love his work. Picked this up a couple of years ago at Charlotte Hero Con. He did it with Francesco Francavilla to look like a movie poster. I wouldn’t mind seeing other’s favorites.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I wish I could have got this signed.

EDIT:
Back cover probably too suggestive. Certainly leaves nothing to the imagination.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
These two paintings are for sale. His pencil works are incredible, but his paintings are on a level of their own IMO. The "Dark forces" is mark $25,000 while the "Nude sorceress" is marked $7,500. I don't see either one joining my collection any time soon ... or ever. LOL

Post 11 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I got a couple of things signed by him about a year and 4 months before he passed away. One of my highlights of collecting was meeting him.

Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
I saw him at Baltimore in 2012 so he probably signed the program for me.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector nik private msg quote post Address this user
Got this one ( signed but not one pictured here ) by Bernie Wrightson at his last appearance at Fan Expo

Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Ambush_Bug private msg quote post Address this user
I got his "A Look Back" Book signed as well as The Studio book.
It's sad that none of that Frankenstein money will go to Wrightson's family at all.
They had a lot of medical bills to deal with, and still do.

Post 15 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
... and that's exactly why the Hero Initiative exists and why I try to donate to it whenever I can.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Ambush_Bug private msg quote post Address this user
A friend of mine posted this today:

Post 17 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Here’s a scan of one of my favorite Wrightson covers, and it’s a grey-tone cover too!

Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
This is my favorite piece I have of Berni Wrightson's art.

Post 19 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
He is one of three of my favorite Batman artists. Batman the cult covers though simple are just perfectly drawn
Post 20 IP   flag post
601299 20 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?