Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

Is there something special about Batman 614?10727

Collector Briten private msg quote post Address this user
clickable text

Can anyone tell me if Batman 614 is a special or significant issue? A local comic book shop has it listed in 9.6 for $614.

Thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Briten - Nothing special that I know of. What's pretty funny is that there is a sticker on the slab for $140, which is still way too high! There was a limited Dynamic Forces edition of 199 copies signed by Jim Lee, but the copy posted doesn't appear to be signed. Must be wishful thinking on the seller's part.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Checked e-bay....way overpriced.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Briten private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Thanks,
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
it’s not even one of the “more special” books in the run.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector crystalphoto private msg quote post Address this user
Some people think a lot of their stuff...
Post 6 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe they're banking on the Joker cover and the success of the movie. The following are some notes from Batman #614.

•This book was first published on April 30, 2003.
•This issue is reprinted in the Batman: Hush Vol 2 trade paperback.
•Clayface appears as Thomas Elliot's corpse in this issue. This fact is not revealed until Batman #619.
•Hush makes a brief appearance at the end of this issue. He is seen flipping a scarred silver dollar - the trademark of the villain known as Two-Face. Issue #615 reveals that this is in fact Harvey Dent and not Hush.
•Flashbacks involving some of the Joker's more notable crimes include: crippling Barbara Gordon in Batman: The Killing Joke, killing Jason Todd in Batman #428 in A Death in the Family, and murdering Sarah Essen-Gordon in Detective Comics #741 during the No Man's Land storyarc.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Jim Lee, Joker, and Harley are all popular but that book is way overpriced.
Post 8 IP   flag post
597869 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?