Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Need FMV help 1st Enemy Ace, Our Army at War 15110699

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
So I got inspired (yet again), this time by BigRedOne posting war comics, and wanted an affordable key. Surprised by how few and far between the Silver Age war keys are. I ended up buying Our Army at War 151 CGC 7.0, price was $170 but total price with sales tax and shipping was $200.

According to GoCollect numbers I way over-paid. But it was by far the best value available on either Ebay or MCS, nothing else was even close. GoCollect FMV numbers are screwy. The longer term historical FMV of 7.0 is about $150 which is half of a 7.5 (which is the same as an 8.0), and when I reduce to most recent 60 days, the FMV drops as low as $70. But I can't find any sales number on GoCollect to support that. Any info on FMV or recent sales...maybe something from the Darkseid of Town?
Post 1 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Doesn't look like you overpaid, that seems about right. We won't know until you post photos, if it looks as overgraded as that 9.6 posted today then you may have way overpaid for it.

Post 2 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks, that's the information I was looking for. I think the page quality of only cream to off/white may have been why it was so much below the other BIN listings.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Well I checked the book on GPA and …...heres my take.

6.5 is moving at 140
7.0 shows dead on at 170
8.0 is in the 225 range..

When you really want to know if you paid too much look at prices and grades directly around your own book...also check sales dates to see what prices are current and which ones were when Bill Clinton was still being asked questions about a dress.

What I see suggests you paid what would be expected for that book today.....

Also for those who dont know, I encourage anyone who ever needs a book looked up on GPA feel free to ask. I think most can attest I am pretty good with looking em up for people, if needed.(looking at you Enelson! ha )
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
ha! great Clinton reference Darkseid...made my day.
Post 5 IP   flag post
601455 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?