Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Come to Sunny Southern California in January10693

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
For those who have the desire and ability to travel to shows, you will not be disappointed by this one. I am not a promoter of the show but I did go to the first one 13 years ago and have gone to most of them since. If you manage to come out for it once, you will probably try to return year after year. Purely back-issue focused, it's the single best grouping of back-issue dealers I have found so far on the west coast. One day only, Sunday January 26th.

www.Calcomiccon.com

It is put on by Terry O'neil, and he charges dealers a very low price to attend so it has been sold out for years on the dealer side. This year he had to move to a larger venue in Anaheim. Terry has a pretty large selection of back issues available year round on his website catalog. I have bought from him many times in the past and his grading, while not MCS level tight, is solid and tends to come out accurate on the books that I have submitted for slabbing. He will work with you on price, more or less based on the size of the purchase. Here is the link to his site.

www.Terryscomics.com
Post 1 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@EbaySeller,

I am going to try and make it but something has come up so I may not. I read the website and saw a couple of "pre-show" events listed
what are "comic swap" & "artist's reception"?

Is the swap like a swap-meet? can you buy AND trade?

is the reception, rubbing elbows with all the guests? can you get autographs or just stories?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Here is the updated information I got today:

Comic Swap from 1-4 on Saturday is open to all at $10 admission. It is a way of getting a selling opportunity for those dealers who were not able to get a booth. It is also an opportunity to drop off CGC books for slabbing at $10 admission, vs $20 on Sunday. Also an opportunity for those who cannot attend on Sunday.

https://www.calcomiccon.com/Comic_Swap.aspx

The Artist Reception on Saturday from 6pm to 10 pm is an opportunity to hang out with the artists and other dealers. Terry is not expecting signings on that night, but that could change.

https://www.calcomiccon.com/Artist_Night.aspx
Post 3 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the info!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user
Why go to Sunny Southern California when Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia?

JK. That show does sound like fun, I wish I was able to attend.
Post 5 IP   flag post
601492 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?