Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Wonder Woman 1984 trailer10691

Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Trailer dropped earlier...
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Definitely has an 80's vibe to it....it looks intriguing though.

PS Maxwell Lord movie speculation confirmed ! grab those copies of Justice League America 1987 !
Post 2 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Am I the only one who can watch Gal Gadot on the screen over and over and over again?
Post 3 IP   flag post
shhhhh Ed trying to watch Gal.....ask me later
Post 4 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
A must see for the wife and I Her favorite and I like it too Got the entire run of Justice League International (1st Maxwell Lord)....and Wonder Woman 219 reg and variant (Death of Maxwell Lord?)....come on price boost
Post 5 IP   flag post
For some reason that escapes me today , back in 88 or so I decided to go on a Justice League spree, and bought all the copies of 1-4 I could find...ten sets.....maybe cause of Mister Miracle on the cover, cant remember now. So yeah I am set on that spec if it happens
Post 6 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
First omg, omg, omg so excited to go see this - looks great

Only fault....um...I want my WW theme song gosh darned it!!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Looks great, love how she uses her lasso to swing on lightening bolts! Does anyone know how Steve Trevor is still alive??
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
Looks great, love how she uses her lasso to swing on lightening bolts! Does anyone know how Steve Trevor is still alive??

Wasn't Steve Rogers frozen in ice...oh sorry Steve Trevor??
Post 9 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
We still have to wait 6 months before this comes out!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Looks great. I hope the movie is as good or better than the first one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb

In an interview, the director has stated that they didn't bring him back to life. Also, she stated Martian Manhunter isn't him. She state that Steve died and remains dead. So, either Diana is projecting her memories and making Steve seem real to her, Maxwell Lord is using his powers of influence and she is under his control, or there is some other explanation.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry. Looks boring
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Did not get a good feel for the movie from the trailer. Hopefully it is a set up for Wonder Woman 3; the Isle of Lesbos.
I’ll direct it!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
PS Maxwell Lord movie speculation confirmed ! grab those copies of Justice League America 1987

Just checked Ebay, doesn't look like the world will be running short on supply of Justice League #1 this Christmas.
Post 14 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I couldn't make it through the first WW and thought maybe I was just in a bad mood that day. I tried watching it a second time and it was such a generic story with poorly executed action sequences that I turned it off once again. This one looks a bit better and I'll definitely give it a try once it comes out on redbox.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:
PS Maxwell Lord movie speculation confirmed ! grab those copies of Justice League America 1987

Just checked Ebay, doesn't look like the world will be running short on supply of Justice League #1 this Christmas.
Eh its doings alright for a book that has languished for 32 years without ever showing any potential.....but I think it will move higher, especially if the idea is to use Maxwell Lord, in another title in the DCU movies universe as well....besides it has a white cover !

For me its a spec that is just beginning to see its demand, and might have some upside, but since I have ten of them sitting around gotten mostly at or around cover, it will be fun for me
Post 16 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
For me its a spec that is just beginning to see its demand, and might have some upside, but since I have ten of them sitting around gotten mostly at or around cover, it will be fun for me

When it came out I had my first job and finally had the money to do some of the "speculation buying" I had always wanted to do in order to be more than just a collector. Unfortunately I think it was late enough in the 80's comics had a decent following and many collectors did the multi-issue buying that I did. At least we couldn't slab them back then...so 9.8's could still have some semblance of relative rarity.
Post 17 IP   flag post
That time period was interesting...we had a new Flash 1, Wonder Woman 1, Superman 1, Green Lantern 1, Justice League 1, etc. I Felt this might be a time that would be similar to the dawn of the silver age someday....although that never quite has come to fruition.Since I had
a full run of the original Justice League, I began buying up copies of 1-4 in that title...none of the other titles I named had a silver age #1 except Green Lantern...which I had the #1 for as well despite its not being numbered on the cover. So a chance to own the first actual numbered #1 issue of green lantern since the golden age!I bought more than fifty copies right out of the box the day they came out....and they promptly went nowhere the last 30 or so years...live and learn
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
Did not get a good feel for the movie from the trailer. Hopefully it is a set up for Wonder Woman 3; the Isle of Lesbos.
I’ll direct it!

One tidbit of information that flew under the radar was Jenkin's confirmation Warner Brothers is now working on a Wonder Woman spinoff featuring the Amazons of Themyscira.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbg2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
I’ll direct it!

One tidbit of information that flew under the radar was Jenkin's confirmation Warner Brothers is now working on a Wonder Woman spinoff featuring the Amazons of Themyscira.

Will they live on the island of lesbos????
Post 20 IP   flag post
I wonder why the trailer didn't show Kristen Wiig as Cheetah? That's the bad comic character she's playing.
Post 21 IP   flag post
deleted
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Cause to reveal everything in the first trailer is no fun!

@Darkseid_of_town About 4 days ago you posted the following:

Quote:
We clearly dont agree on much and wont...I think it best you leave my posts and I will do same with yours.

I have had zero interaction with you since then. Please try and return the favor as you asked for it.
Post 23 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Sorry. Looks boring

I agree.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Why doesn't she talk like she's constipated or passing a kidney stone when dressed as WW??...you know like Bruce does when he's Bats?
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Quote:

Quote:
We clearly dont agree on much and wont...I think it best you leave my posts and I will do same with yours.

I have had zero interaction with you since then. Please try and return the favor as you asked for it.
Actually you have, but sure, lets just be hateful over an innocent enough comment made with a smile ….Merry Christmas and may the holidays fill you with joy.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

This times 1k!!! I liked that they didn’t show every little detail of what’s going to happen like 95% of previews these days.

Loved the trailer, too.
Post 27 IP   flag post
At least someone understands, I thought it was genius to show so little and still manage to provide a trailer.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Am I the only one who can watch Gal Gadot on the screen over and over and over again?

Nope...….that woman is HOT !!!!!!!!!!! 👍
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Quote:

Quote:

Actually you have, but sure, lets just be hateful over an innocent enough comment made with a smile ….Merry Christmas and may the holidays fill you with joy.

So, so sad. As expected you cannot live up to what you promised.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601456 56 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?